Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs, You Are The Best.

Synthex

When do you recall me saying that everyone who gives negative feedback an entitled gamer? That wasn't stated outright or implied. I was merely saying that there are gamers who feel like the devs owe them something, and that their negativity should be ignored. I support anyone who gives constructive feedback about the game, whether it is negative or positive.

Edit: I apologize to anyone who found the "entitled gamer" statement offensive, and I didn't mean it to sound as if I was treating people who give constructive negative feedback about the game as "entitled gamers". That was not my intent.

Nah, I wasn't at all trying to say that you specifically were saying that - I figured you probably meant the ones giving destructive feedback. The thing is, though, the term is (at this point) overused in the forums, to the point where it's used in many situations it doesn't actually apply. Even if you're only referring to those specific players, in many situations it can discourage players who want to give legitimate feedback, but are worried that that feedback will be met with the same kind of hostility. I personally got tired of the word after the ME3 ending fiasco, to be honest, but that's just me.

Still, this is a positive thread about DE, so we probably shouldn't go too much into that, haha. I would be happy to debate by PM, though. In any case - DE is awesome!

90% of the feedback from the glaive "incident" was destructive.

I'm hoping that encouraging positive and constructive critique can avoid that sort of thing in the future. :) Edited by Quetzhal

The thing is, though, the term is (at this point) overused in the forums, to the point where it's used in many situations it doesn't actually apply. Even if you're only referring to those specific players, in many situations it can discourage players who want to give legitimate feedback, but are worried that that feedback will be met with the same kind of hostility. I personally got tired of the word after the ME3 ending fiasco, to be honest, but that's just me.

I definitely see what your point is. In fact, I think you're right. The term "entitled gamer" probably wasn't the best one to use. I'll change my original post so it doesn't cause any disagreeable responses.

Edited by Synthex

I definitely see what your point. In fact, I think you're right. The term "entitled gamer" probably wasn't the best one to use. I'll change my original post so it doesn't cause any disagreeable responses.

Upvote incoming. You earned it.

You technically earned a small country near Switzerland, but unfortunately there's no unclaimed land left in the vicinity of Switzerland. The upvote is all I got.

Upvote incoming. You earned it.

You technically earned a small country near Switzerland, but unfortunately there's no unclaimed land left in the vicinity of Switzerland. The upvote is all I got.

• 5 months later...