Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pick Up Thrown Arrows From Paris

Azrael90

All right, Snipetron and Paris are considered both special weapons, that's ok. But they are really different, do I have to explain why?

I think that they shouldn't share the same kind of ammos...First, if you snipe with Snipetron you will use it only for stronger enemies; second, the shoot will be nice and clean, straight and fast. The Paris...well, is the opposite. Also Snipertron has  100 base damage points while Paris only 45...it's a big difference. I think the Paris should also be used as a rifle, I mean, it isn't only a snipe weapon.

My point is: you will not use the same amount of ammos for those two weapons, so isn't fair that the sniper ammos drop rate is shared with the bow.

My suggestion is to have the possibility to at least pick up arrows, maybe just those that don't hit the target.

What do you think?

i can see how picking up the used arrows would be a nice idea but as to having 10 arrows sticking out of an Ancient have you tried holding the fire button to draw back the bow for more damage ? yes the base damage says 45 but that is for a non drawn back bow shot. If you draw it back by holding the fire button you do more damage more inline with the snipetron.

i can see how picking up the used arrows would be a nice idea but as to having 10 arrows sticking out of an Ancient have you tried holding the fire button to draw back the bow for more damage ? yes the base damage says 45 but that is for a non drawn back bow shot. If you draw it back by holding the fire button you do more damage more inline with the snipetron.

I didn't literally mean 10 arrows.... I was referring to the fact that the game shows these used arrows yet we can't do anything with them

I was also thinking about this; when I first started playing I already assumed this was an implemented feature. I mean, I can see like 10 arrows sticking out of that Ancient, why can't I pick them up?! #videogamelogic

Well, if you really need a lore reason...  

Most of the enemies in this game are tough enough to survive several shots from high-powered firearms, and the Paris is firing its arrows with enough force to punch through armored plating.  Considering that it's not unheard of for real world arrows to break on impact depending on the target and force of impact, it's not that farfetched to assume the shot arrows become too damaged to be reused.  

Edited by LazyTemplar

If you could pick up the arrows wouldn't that mean you can never run out of sniper ammo?

and besides the weapon which has (never used the paris before) 80-90 arrows would be nerfed to around 20-30 arrows because you can pick them up again.

If you could pick up the arrows wouldn't that mean you can never run out of sniper ammo?

and besides the weapon which has (never used the paris before) 80-90 arrows would be nerfed to around 20-30 arrows because you can pick them up again.

I never run out of ammo with my lexx, does that mean its going to get an ammo nerf?

I never run out of ammo with my lexx, does that mean its going to get an ammo nerf?

What I meant was if you could simply take the arrows you shot you would have no need for 50-60 extra arrows and if that's the case there would be an ammo nerf.That is not the case for the lex because there is no way you could pick up shot bullets.

Edited by Mustemploy

This isn't that unheard of of an idea, I don't think.  There are other games that utilize the concept of reusing arrows after killing a target.  And given that the means of obtaining supplies for Tenno is scavenging, this would actually fit into their mannerisms.

as it is, i don't usually run out of ammo for the Paris, when i have atleast one other person to share enemy fire. 

being able to pick up arrows shouldn't change it's ammo, it's not like that would be super OP or anything. all of us draw the bow fully before shooting i'm sure, and without mods to speed it up, that takes a good 2-3 seconds. it's even slower than the LEX in repeated shots! and you even need to aim more, since the arrows drop over long distances.

I know several games that implement this feature and when I first got the Paris I thought it would do the same thing, but I wrong. I think this would be a great feature. Although how can you pick up arrows that have exploded from the thunderbolt mod lol. 

I think that they shouldn't share the same kind of ammos...First, if you snipe with Snipetron you will use it only for stronger enemies; second, the shoot will be nice and clean, straight and fast. The Paris...well, is the opposite. Also Snipertron has 100 base damage points while Paris only 45...it's a big difference. I think the Paris should also be used as a rifle, I mean, it isn't only a snipe weapon.

My point is: you will not use the same amount of ammos for those two weapons, so isn't fair that the sniper ammos drop rate is shared with the bow.

My suggestion is to have the possibility to at least pick up arrows, maybe just those that don't hit the target.

What do you think?

Um, no. In your comparison you looked at things that were all different and all had no direct corilation to ammo consumption. The Paris if properly modded is a one hit one kill weapon (like the snipetron) and do to the fact that it ignores armor which you conveniently forgot to consider as you compared base damage numbers is very simular in deployment to the snipetron. The basic reason these two weapons share ammo it because even without zoom on the Paris ( which I think it should have ) both of these platforms are considered to fulfill the "sniper" roll in this game and both platforms consume ammo at a very comparable rate. Paris is my favorite, and I have never run out of ammo. There is no need to retrieve arrows, it would just be another hassle and probably another bug.

Besides that, the lore probably has an explanation for using the same ammo, even if it doesnt you don't want to open that can of worms. There is no way the the boloto, viper, and lex shoot exactly the same ammo either, but how many different kinds of ammo drops do you want in a game?

Edited by Carcharias

I think the ammo rate is just fine. The paris is snipetrons silent alternative, and is useful for stealth missions. In a stealth mission, I have had plenty of ammo with the paris, picking up only one or two sniper ammo boxes along the way. If you really run out of ammo for a paris, you are spamming the arrows too much. As for things like defense mission, just have a sniper scavenger artifact on your team and you will be fine.

My favorite part of the ammo discussion is that you can fit 10 arrows into a box the size of an altoids can. #videogamelogic FTW

Arrow Recovery + Arrow Recovery Rate Mod.

Base chance for it to survive hitting an enemy and be reusable could be ~20-30% - mod would be cheap to fit, and offer a ~5-10% boost per rank that an arrow will survive and be recoverable. Base chance of survival for hitting terrain could be slightly higher.

Arrows that explode by use of the Thunderbolt modcard can never be recovered.

Everyone wins!

Ed: Duplicate arrows caused by Multishot should not be recoverable either, to avoid never needing ammo pickups.

Edited by Arcalane