The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Known Bug] Game Shuts Down Automatic Or Crash After Mission Or Leaving Squad

(PSN)weeler

I would suggest taking a look at the various NAT/Firewall settings on your router, doing so fixed it for me.

It seems like the problem is related to the interactions between the Warframe client, Sony's network layer, and our routers.  How did I come to this theory?  The problem seems to only happen with the PS4, not everyone has the problem, I fixed it making changes to my router, and other PS4 games seem to be working.

Of those three things, the only one we the players have control over is our routers.

What might be happening is that Sony's network layer handles the routers having NAT issues differently than Microsoft's network layer, which is probably the same or very similar between Windows and the XBOX One.  Since one of the ways I was able to reproduce the crash was being idle in the ship for 10+ minutes, go into Nav into a planet and then back out, it made me think that there is something wrong with the socket the WF client is using to send and receive certain data, possibly chat.  So the router mess up the network traffic, the Sony network layer deals with it in a way that the WF client doesn't pickup as it's different than the MS layer, and then the WF client tries to perform some operation on the socket and either WF or the Sony network layer chokes on it.

If my theroy is correct the problem is if they can't reproduce the router problem they can't find where it's choking.

*edit - I don't work at DE and I have no additional info about this issue than everyone else, this is just my thought on the issue based on the info I do have.

Yes thats it or in other words they changed things in the last update and now they dont wanna go back to the way things were even though there r a lot of ppl who dont know how to change those settings.I cant thank you enough for this fix as i been goin crazy for over 2 months tryng to play this and gettin kicked back to the XMB every 5-10 min's.No other fixes worked for me and honestly i had lost all hope and faith in DE ever fixin it. PS: They should definitely hire u at DE as u coulda fixed this months ago and save everyone a lot of headaches!!! -_-

Yes thats it or in other words they changed things in the last update and now they dont wanna go back to the way things were even though there r a lot of ppl who dont know how to change those settings.I cant thank you enough for this fix as i been goin crazy for over 2 months tryng to play this and gettin kicked back to the XMB every 5-10 min's.No other fixes worked for me and honestly i had lost all hope and faith in DE ever fixin it. PS: They should definitely hire u at DE as u coulda fixed this months ago and save everyone a lot of headaches!!! -_-

it could be that today's update fixed that for you, and not your internet settings

it could be that today's update fixed that for you, and not your internet settings

The game has been working for me for a few days now so im sure its not something they done in it that fixed it.Btw i read the update notes and not a word on this problem.(unless i missed something?) PS:I have another game thats been having connection prob's due to my router settings that got fixed as well and i can tell by the test i done in it that now its perfectly configured (game its called "The Crew" and has a network configuration test right at the start menu,before this my connection appeared as "moderate" and on orange/yellow, now its fully green and no more disconnects) Oh and forget the test u get on ps4 network settings, that one its full of !@#$%^, it always told me my connection its optimal while it wasnt.

I have some good news to report. 

We have a tentative fix for the crash to dashboard bug in the next PS4 update (coming very soon). We cannot guarantee that it will fix all the crashes reported in this thread, but we hope to have fixed the root cause. If you've experienced the crash to dashboard bug, please, report back in this thread after the update to let us know.

Still happening. Just finished installing update and now it only takes like 1 min idle for it to crash to PSN dashboard.

If you have time stamp off try turning it on.If it is on try turning it off. Had same problem until I turned time stamp on haven't had a crash since  knock  on wood. :)

Tried this also for kicks. Still crashes. The crashes actually now are more frequent to the point I can't even start a mission. Guess I can't get the new event mod sets. Was really looking forward to them for my Akmagnus also.

So I finally found a fix that is working for me.

TL;DR - I have a D-Link Router, and I found under Advanced > Firewall Settings there were options for NAT Endpoint Filters. Setting both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent fixed it for me.

Since my friends don't have the problem the two possible sources in my mind were either my ISP or Router. While most ISPs are evil to some degree I really didn't think it was them, so that just left me with my Router...

Looking at the help info for the NAT Endpoint Filters it makes sense to me why it was having problems as the other setting were more restrictive:

Endpoint Independent

Once a LAN-side application has created a connection through a specific port, the NAT will forward any incoming connection requests with the same port to the LAN-side application regardless of their origin. This is the least restrictive option, giving the best connectivity and allowing some applications (P2P applications in particular) to behave almost as if they are directly connected to the Internet.

This also make sense as to why it hasn't been fixed yet, if their QA environment doesn't have routers set the way some of ours are, they can't repro it. So for me at least, the source of the problem is my router. Now it would be great if WF could gracefully handle my router messing up the NAT forwarding after a period of time to prevent the crashing.

CONFIRMED WORKS. I am on a D-link DIR-615. Ancient I know. My only question is will this have any ramifications on my network security or stability? I'm not a networking guy so I dont know squat about what router settings actually entail when changes are made.

I have some good news to report. 

We have a tentative fix for the crash to dashboard bug in the next PS4 update (coming very soon). We cannot guarantee that it will fix all the crashes reported in this thread, but we hope to have fixed the root cause. If you've experienced the crash to dashboard bug, please, report back in this thread after the update to let us know. 

Was this update 16.5? cause if it was i am still crashing badly

We're asking Sony for some help on this. One other thing I'm curious about... Are those of you who have this bug using the hard drive that came with your PS4 or did you install a new one? 

I didn't have this issue until hotfix today,I'm using a different HDD and been using it since Cierco event 7200 RPM 1TB 32MB Cache.  I'm crashing on T4 every 10 min, crashed after applying boltorace, after acquiring tonkor from foundry 

Edit add-on: I fully initialized my PS4, reinstalled PS4 patch via computer and flash drive, restored my stuff and redownloaded game, no crashes after 5 hours+. I feel like Sony patch may be at fault here... Since I did reinstall game before initialize and still encountered crash

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld

Before the update the game would crash when: upon first logging in waiting a few mins before starting a mission, going to navigation then deleting the game session, leaving a group, sending a chat message.

After update its all of the above and randomly during a loading screen.

Just blew a mastery test cooldown on the loading screen, yey

CONFIRMED WORKS. I am on a D-link DIR-615. Ancient I know. My only question is will this have any ramifications on my network security or stability? I'm not a networking guy so I dont know squat about what router settings actually entail when changes are made.

Im glad at least one other person on this forum tryed his fix and confirmed it as its the only one that WORKS.Everything else is a waste of time and trust me i tryed everything including reformating and redownloading hundreds of gig's of data (wich ill never do again btw)Just wish he was here sooner to save me all of those troubles.This is a quick ez fix that anyone can do (im not a networking expert either) just have to look up ur router adress and acces it thru ur web browser(on pc,idk if u can on ps4,adress is usualy something like 192.168.0.1) go to firewall settings and put everything on endpoint independent.I did a number of searches on this fix tryng to determine if there is a risk to the security of my network and none proved its harmfull in any way,all it does its optimizing my router for gaming and i could notice differences on other online games i play as well.My guess is DE didnt want anymore "low" to "moderate" connections when they changed everything on that big update more then 2 months ago to limit lag and make grouping smoother but they left out a bunch of ppl in the cold by doing so.

For me if i go into arsenal or after the missions it sends a error corrupt save data but i still have all items but lost my despair bp in a mission when stalker came to kill me i Couldn't pick it up and i lost it but what should i do

delete your save data bro, its corrupted, i had the same

Yea I been having the same problem. I reported it. Took a month to finally get a response and then they kept saying its this, id do what they say still happen then they say its something else and it still happen. well these went on for another 2 week everytime they said its this or that i'd do what they say and couldn't find it then they just put solved on my report even though it wasn't solved so they have no idea what it is and they seem to not want to deal with it anymore. And its not a corrupted file cause when i bring my ps4 to my finds house i don't have the problem playing warframe on his internet.

Edited by (PS4)rooo1355