The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Known Bug] Game Shuts Down Automatic Or Crash After Mission Or Leaving Squad

(PSN)weeler

I think I've figured something out! from the very beginning of playing this game, I have always had issues with the in-game chat disconnecting,

Every time i finish a game i would have to wait between 2 - 15 mins before a line of text in the chat box saying

"FAILED TO CONNECT TO CHAT SERVER: UNKNOWN SOCKET ERROR: 0"

then it would reconnect and I couldnt use the chat box until I started another game, I haven't seen that error come up on screen all morning or since update 15.16, maybe its the re-connection process causing the game to drop out!

Maybe just maybe you could look into that Drew

Edited by (PS4)matsta

EUREKA!!!! 

It is the re-connection to chat server!!! I just tested it!!!!!

sat in the liset for about 20mins (connected to chat, no drop off)

Played a defense ( still connected) once I completed the mission and returned to liset I wasn't connected to chat server anymore,

waited for reconnect - 8 mins later Boom it closed, after reloading into game (BTW Baro Ki Teers head is quite small) I was reconnected to chat!

EUREKA!!!! 

It is the re-connection to chat server!!! I just tested it!!!!!

sat in the liset for about 20mins (connected to chat, no drop off)

Played a defense ( still connected) once I completed the mission and returned to liset I wasn't connected to chat server anymore,

waited for reconnect - 8 mins later Boom it closed, after reloading into game (BTW Baro Ki Teers head is quite small) I was reconnected to chat!

That also explains why when the game fails to load the chat from the start, your whole session is "doomed" and may crash at any time. Like I said too, disabling time stamps seems to make reconnection to chat server easier, from my experience.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

That also explains why when the game fails to load the chat from the start, your whole session is "doomed" and may crash at any time. Like I said too, disabling time stamps seems to make reconnection to chat server easier, from my experience.

I tried that, I also disabled global chat, but it still does it, as theirs always a squad & clan channel.

I have tested again since my last post, an I am 99.9% sure its the re-connection to the chat channel!

I tried that, I also disabled global chat, but it still does it, as theirs always a squad & clan channel.

I have tested again since my last post, an I am 99.9% sure its the re-connection to the chat channel!

Oh yea, at this point i have no doubt that's the case, it just happened to alleviate my problems so far when i disabled time stamp, i also port forwarded the ports they advise you to (4950 4955 udp i think). If you haven't you may wanna try that coupled with the stamp thing, if you have, we can only hope for a fix since the likely root of the problem has been found.

Fix this bug it is highly annoying and putting me off from playing this game any further. In less than 20 minutes from the last incident, it kicked me out again from the game completely closing the app as stated by thousands of player for this game. I have not messed with any of the standard parts that came equipped with the Playstation 4.

again this is annoying, please fix this.

So this is a waste of a double credit weekend. I can only actually finish like 1 game every hour (non-survival) since it shuts down on randomly. I've decided to call it quits until it's fixed. I can't even enjoy the game while playing it bcuz I'm too worried if it's all for nothing and it'll shutdown; most of the times it does.

Here's my info if it helps.

1) Have you swapped out your HDD?

- No
2) Do you have a video app running in the background?

- Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't; doesn't seem to make a difference
3) How large is your friends list? Is it maxed out?

- 15 people; Not maxed out
4) Are you livestreaming when this occurs?

- No, never have
5) How full is your HDD? 

- > 200 gb free

6) How full is your share library? 

- Not sure how to check but I've shared like 2 photos total, ever
7) Does this problem persist regardless of completely shutting down your PS4 and turning it back on again? (not just entering rest mode)

- Yes. I've put it in rest mode, restarted it, completely shut it off, and even turned off the surge protector it's connected to

Just clarifying the cause of this error : (Re)connection to chat server.

When does the game try to (re)connect to chat server?

1 - When you go idle* for a while. (dunno exact time, 10 min seems a fair assumption)

*idle = inactivity (having a latin language as my first I remember having trouble with this word lol)

2 - Upon login, sometimes game chat wont load. (that's easily noticeable as a loading circle will keep spinning in chat box and you won't be able to see people in some, or most likely all, of the chat tabs)

What to do then?

1 - If you go idle for 10min (or the precise amount of time for game to disconnect from chat server) don't even bother continuing the session, just close the game and open again, as that session in which you disconnected from chat server will likely be 'doomed'. It may not be, but why risk, right?

2 - Always when you login press L2, to open the chat box, and see if it loaded normally, if it did, play as normally, if it didn't, restart the game until it loads.

What about disabling time stamps?

That doesn't fix the problem, it just helps the situation #2 to occur less often, from my experience. Also helped me to reconnect to chat server successfuly if I go idle during a play session (where most tabs are deactivated), not in the liset. But like i said, don't risk, if you went idle, just restart application.

You can find this option under Options button>Options>Gameplay>Chat Message Timestamps

-----------------------------------

Doing the above has kept me from crashing for days now, I repeat, it's just not the time stamp thing, keep an eye on your chatbox upon login and after you go idle, that's what tells if that session will run normally or not.

Also if anyone needs help regarding this problem in portuguese, spanish, french or german just send a pm.

hi everyone,  since the update 16 yesterday i have the problem of the game automatic shuts down or crash after doing a mission or leave a squad, anyone else has this problem, its not really a big deal i just start the game again, i'm sure they will fix it, bu someone have to report this right, i love this game its awesome hehe

Hi, i had similar problem, and from what i notice. Problem is with the new PS update and happens when do this

1. Play warframe

2. Switch to YouTube or any other streaming app

3. Return to warframe

Normally my ps4 does return to Warframe. But after a few hours, Warframe just shuts down mid mission. No error code, no report to submit. Lucky if i'm fast enough, i can reboot and rejoin. As of late when using Netflixs, going back just leads to WarFrame shutting down right away.DE will just need to update fix this, much like other titles had to.

Hi, i had similar problem, and from what i notice. Problem is with the new PS update and happens when do this

1. Play warframe

2. Switch to YouTube or any other streaming app

3. Return to warframe

Normally my ps4 does return to Warframe. But after a few hours, Warframe just shuts down mid mission. No error code, no report to submit. Lucky if i'm fast enough, i can reboot and rejoin. As of late when using Netflixs, going back just leads to WarFrame shutting down right away.DE will just need to update fix this, much like other titles had to.

This problem was still happening to me before the update came around, and it still just exits on me even if i have had nothing else active.

Edited by (PS4)Camermello

2 - Upon login, sometimes game chat wont load. (that's easily noticeable as a loading circle will keep spinning in chat box and you won't be able to see people in some, or most likely all, of the chat tabs)

I think thats more likely the result of a strict NAT. Your game (router) has trouble connecting to the chatserver. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. 

I doubt disabling timestamps would have any effect as it's just a visual thing (to make the chat look more clean). 

I think thats more likely the result of a strict NAT. Your game (router) has trouble connecting to the chatserver. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. 

I doubt disabling timestamps would have any effect as it's just a visual thing (to make the chat look more clean). 

With all due respect, I doubt it. It's a 700$ router and I opened all ports necessary for both PSN AND Warframe. I also have open NAT.

I figured disabling timestamps would work because two times I saw them being off by three whole minutes, by that i mean, they showed XX:34 and when i closed the chat and opened it again they showed XX:37. Maybe it's only visual, maybe there's an extra demand for it to compute the exact time in which they were sent, but I haven't had a crash ever since and this very situatiion you quoted became way less frequent, but I'll highlight it again, it's all from my experience.

OK, just to highlight to DEDrew, that the cause of this "game breaking" bug is the "Reconnecting to chat server" process in the chat window, Drew work your magic and help your amazing team get this fixed before the Glaive stance tactical alert drops next week!