Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me Complaining About Warframe's Crafting System

de.Sync

If you don't like what im saying, just close the tab

The Foundry, or the crafting system

I personally hate it

Its just extremely annoying
first you need the blueprints, then the items, THEN credits to combine the damn thing
THEN YOU NEED TO WAIT BLOODY A 12/24/72 HOURS
its like saying
"okay craft it, have fun collecting this,then F*** you, then F*** you some more"

even rushing the item. THAT REQUIRES PLATINUM, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
sure you make items available through platnium
BUT THINK ABOUT THE POVO C***S PLAYING ONLY F2P GAMES D:
if i had money to buy platinum, i'd buy another game instead.
I understand that this game is in Beta
and i hope it changes, not much, but a bit
just enough to make it non-frustrating
for example, removing the crafting costs, i dont even understand why that is there
that would make me a happy boy
took me a close to a week to make Rhino, due to waiting times for each part
slightly annoyed
Anyone else think this or am I just stupid (feel free to say that im stupid, but please explain)

if i had money to buy platinum, i'd buy another game instead.

Personnally, I spent 100$ on this game over a month period just because of how the devs handle the community requests and because I enjoyed this game more and spent A LOT more time in this game (without it feeling like a complete grind which is the "fun" you get in most MMOs nowaday but that's another subject anyway) then I do in 60$ games.

Also, I have a friend who did not spent a single cent in this game yet, without playing that much, he managed to get trinity, mag and ember with a lot of weapons (like twin vipers which are in the longest/hardest weapons to craft) so I do not think you are right to be mad about the "grinding".

For removing the crafting fees... well... without that there is not much of a credits sink. I'm sitting around 200k of creds while constantly crafting frames, frames parts, weapons and helmets.

I'm sorry but I really do not see where there's a problem.

If you don't want to pay the couple bucks to have it now that's your decision. If they made it to easy than there wouldn't be an incentive for people to use plat. The tone of your post isn't going to win you any favors either. Chill out and think a bit before you fly off.

Since Warframe's cash shop is based around "Pay for convenience" just pay up for Platinum and Rush it if waiting is to inconvenient for you. The Devs are more than happy to get something to live of by making the game you can play for free.

Problem solved.

Next!

Edited by Namacyst

I personally believe the whole platinum deal isn't that bad.  A few months ago when I started playing I've seen the whole three-day-wait to make a warframe incredibly annoying, especially since I wanted to try somebody else other than the starter warframes, but now I see that it's not so bad.  You have a lot of things to do while waiting, after all the game offers a myriad of missions to spend time on.

If anything I do believe some platinum prices are a bit too high. 75 platinum only for a color pallete, or 225 for a warframe (Even if they come with a reactor) is a bit too much.  I also think that the impatience players have with the rush system could be easily solved by lowering its price as well.   

Sounds like laziness and lack of planning. Crafting a weapon takes 12 hours and takes materials and credits which really doesnt take much time at all. If a weapon takes 12 hours to create it makes it feel more like you are actually making something due to the fact that naturally weapons dont just appear out of thin air they take time to make and if you aren't the one personally crafting these items since you are out doing missions paying "someone" to craft them makes sense. Of course this sounding more and more like an RPers idea but it makes sense. I personally used my platinum at the beginning of the game to get 2 warframe slots and I can tell you I only have one open and one weapon slot open and I've been playing for a little under two weeks. In total a warframe takes around 3 and a half days to craft if you have all the materials for the sub blueprints ready to go which during that time you can level another warframe and weapons. If you have that big of a problem with waiting you can always buy warframes and weapons they are there for your convenience and if you can't afford to because you don't actually work for a living or you some how rack up bills that quickly then you will have to be patient. It's a free to play game with the exception of at the most 10% having to be paid for(I'm being extremely generous by saying 10% which color palletes and slots really shouldn't be considered 10%). I think from a business stand point platinum prices are pretty fair if not better than fair for what players are actually offered for free.

Another rant thread *sigh*

I've been playing this game without spending a cent and I already crafted 2 warframes and so many friggin' weapons. The build time is quite a thrill for me especially when I crafted my first warframe(3 days).

The credits in game is like a walk in a park lol.

If you don't like it, then move one, this game ain't for you. Play another game or suck it up and continue playing. Your ranting won't change anything.

Edited by CountChaos

Oh man, they're letting you craft frames without making you pay plat, but they're making you wait? That really sucks. You know what else would really suck? If they made everything so easy and convenient that they couldn't have a business model, the game went under, and we couldn't play anymore.

Craft frame. Go farm things. Go farm other things. Level up your existing frames. GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME FOR 3 DAYS.

Its not even costing your time, as long as you don't sit there staring blankly at the Foundry....do you?

Personnally, I spent 100$ on this game over a month period just because of how the devs handle the community requests and because I enjoyed this game more and spent A LOT more time in this game (without it feeling like a complete grind which is the "fun" you get in most MMOs nowaday but that's another subject anyway) then I do in 60$ games.

Also, I have a friend who did not spent a single cent in this game yet, without playing that much, he managed to get trinity, mag and ember with a lot of weapons (like twin vipers which are in the longest/hardest weapons to craft) so I do not think you are right to be mad about the "grinding".

For removing the crafting fees... well... without that there is not much of a credits sink. I'm sitting around 200k of creds while constantly crafting frames, frames parts, weapons and helmets.

I'm sorry but I really do not see where there's a problem.

I'm about to do the same and drop 100$ for the founders pack tis worth helping the game stay afloat and really? I fine akbolts the more annoying and hardest to craft >.=.> built the vipers with ease and wasn't even trying to only cause I just happend to have all the parts right then and there from doing alot of farming with clan friends waaaay more convenient then the aks <.=.<; and I honestly don't see an issue with the crafting system either sure there is a wait but that just mean time I get the weapon I wanted to be done today  farm said resources craft hop to another game unless an alert pops up. I find it clever if anything to stretch out the duration of having a player continue to play the game and not get bored with it quickly compared to over mmos that just does the same thing over and over and over again then repeat the cycle but on a harder level

Edited by KibaDrakenwolf

I'll never understand why people don't want a challenge.

If they just gave you everything it wouldn't be any fun, having to collect all that material and those blueprints and then being forced to wait for them makes getting the item so much more rewarding than just paying some creds for it. Yes, it's hard work. Yes, it's not easy. That's what makes it fun, that's what makes this game worth playing.

Other games will practically spoon feed you through the whole game in fear that you'll actually have to be challenged and you'll get upset, and it's ruining the gaming industry because nobody wants to take a risk anymore. If you're not the type who values building up your character and getting progressively better then Warframe is not for you (and there's nothing wrong with that, just don't complain that a difficult game is difficult).

Personally I love WF crafting system. It makes you really *earn* what you want, and when you manage to finally build it, it's a great feeling of satisfaction. 

yes, it's tedious and time consuming, and the system isn't perfect as is. but it's really good, very well thought out and extremely well executed.

i decided i wanted banshee, even though she's maddeningly difficult to assemble.

i set up a que with 3 friends and we went farming. we played all of 6 hours without getting a single part over the first two days. the third day we got the helmet. all in all, it took me almost 3 weeks to get the blueprints neccasary, and then there was the 3 day assembly period. the assembly period is what sucked the most by far, and i'd prefer if warframes only had a wait of 24 hours instead of 3 days.

but man, when i finally lined banshee up, clicked claim, and dropped her into a game, the satisfaction was nearly corporeal. definitely one of the most rewarding moments in my gaming career.

Love the WF Crafting System too. You cant wait ? No problem =>  then support this game and spend some money, or wait wait wait,,,,but you can still get it for free.  If you buy the lowest founder package, you will get 370 platinum, Thats 14 blueprints you can instantly craft....should be more than enough. They even gave you 50 Patinum on account creation...2 blue more...

Of course Sidewinder is right....if it costs nothing, it will be of no true value to yourself...

So you cant play during these 12 hours or 3 days of crafting?

Maybe its just because patience became a super power and people dont want to wait for anything and have the same"do it fast" option paying players have, but without paying....

I actually  like the crafting system, but I think it needs something more. The grind to collect combined with the wait isn't the best experience... When I see this game I feel like many things were implemented but never "grown" but its only in beta. I'd like to see the crafting system couple in new abilities, something similar to EvE in the sense that I can gain new abilities (better crIt chance, learn how to pilot for space combat, increase my ability to get rare drops etc...) while I'm not logged in. 

For those not familiar with EvE the game uses a passive leveling mechanic were you train up your skills. This training takes longer as you advance the skill. If you have a ship and want to you laser turrets you need to learn how to, then as you advance that skill you can use more advanced turrets on your ships.

In Warframes case it is already very similar and implemented well for what the game currently offers. As I've seen discussed though, I think the crafting system could be used to help increase drop rates for better rewards and better passive skills. 

took me a close to a week to make Rhino, due to waiting times for each part

You do know that you can craft as many items at once as you like, right?

It should only take you 4 days to craft a frame: 12 hours to craft all 3 parts and 3 to make the warframe as a whole.

You do know that you can craft as many items at once as you like, right?

It should only take you 4 days to craft a frame: 12 hours to craft all 3 parts and 3 to make the warframe as a whole.

That's assuming you actually manage to get each part plus all required materials within a 12 hour timeframe.

Considering all the RNG in the game, you could technically have a frame between 3.5 days or never, in some people's cases (unless they fixed drop rates).

@Unit5976
I was merely talking about the foundry because he made it sound like he was going through and forging 1 item, waiting for it to finish, and then forging the next one.  And since this topic was about foundry wait times...

I know that the grind can take a while but I was trying to focus on the main topic, which is the foundry side of things.