Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Needs A Buff

Tyreuzs

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

1st ability needs to be useful, but other than that she is spot on.

You know what would make it useful? If while it was up, it prevented knockdowns. Oh wait, it already does.....sort of....

Edited by TheGuyverOne

The one thing Nova could really use is some tweaks/improvements to Null Star.  At some point in the relatively distant past (pre-damage 2.0?), Null Star caused a stumble on hit.  Give it a guaranteed impact proc rather than the somewhat likely slash and it would be great.

I have always been an huge fan of Nova. I really like all of her abilities but when it comes to defense i catch myself sadly way to often to buy revives. For example in T4 missions i cant even cast my ultimate because the enemies need only 1-2 seconds until they have shot me down.

My suggestion would be to buff some of her stats or add an augment which makes her based on skill less vulnerable.

I have built her just wrong before and i wasnt used to such a playstyle because i usually played always trinity besides nova and trinity is extremly tanky as long as you can keep up energy and link... But that is no reason to flame toward someone who missunderstood something.

There are alot of idiots on these forums - that's why I don't waste time with them.

I have always been an huge fan of Nova. I really like all of her abilities but when it comes to defense i catch myself sadly way to often to buy revives. For example in T4 missions i cant even cast my ultimate because the enemies need only 1-2 seconds until they have shot me down.

My suggestion would be to buff some of her stats or add an augment which makes her based on skill less vulnerable.

I have built her just wrong before and i wasnt used to such a playstyle because i usually played always trinity besides nova and trinity is extremly tanky as long as you can keep up energy and link... But that is no reason to flame toward someone who missunderstood something.

Your original post says nothing about needing to fix your build for Nova or asking for help with it, hence why you received the reactions you did. Not saying they were warranted, but it sounded like you had no idea how to utilize her correctly and that therefore she needed to be buffed.

Agreed! the only problem with nova is that. It needs a slow cap change to like 30%, default i dunno something like 10%. it's already a great move without the slow effect.

That might work.  Speed Novas are, of course, useful for farming, and whilst I'd like to get farming out of the game, it isn't going to happen.

A possibly better way is to nerf duration.  MP slows them for a minute and a half!  If 20s was max, that would be enough for speed Novas and make MP more of a CC skill than a gamebreaking let's-freeze-all-the-enemies-and-take-a-good-minute-to-walk-around-and-casually-shoot-each-one-whilst-they-can't-do-anything-back.  You'd probably have to put a 30s cooldown on it though.

nmuaddib - so what you're saying is that before every mission, we should have an _extra_ 2.5 minute conversation whilst everyone is waiting that goes:

"Is that a slow Nova?"
<20s pause> "yes"
"Can you take off Blind Rage?"
<20s pause> "why?
"Because 75% slow is really boring"
<30s pause> "blind rage increases the damage"
"I know but it's not like we'll have trouble killing them anyway."
<40s pause> "nobody else seems to want to change it"
etc etc

And might well end in a "no"...?

nmuaddib - so what you're saying is that before every mission, we should have an _extra_ 2.5 minute conversation whilst everyone is waiting that goes:

"Is that a slow Nova?"
<20s pause> "yes"
"Can you take off Blind Rage?"
<20s pause> "why?
"Because 75% slow is really boring"
<30s pause> "blind rage increases the damage"
"I know but it's not like we'll have trouble killing them anyway."
<40s pause> "nobody else seems to want to change it"
etc etc

And might well end in a "no"...?

No, it is a lot faster, if somebody says don't use it, I either use my 2, or in some cases I leave. Hardly get this outcome, because I aways ask to join already saying what I have, and before that, "Slow Nova LF T3S..." "Speed Nova LF ODD...".

But tell me Fifield, do you really think communication in a squad is a problem? Even if it took 2,5 minutes?

BTW - My build has Transient Fortitude, not Blind Rage. I prefer power efficiency, I don't use Flow, this way I get the most of every energy orb and Trin support, my energy is cheaper...