Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Slip Magazine Mod Is Useless!

K4DC

The Amount of shots you get after you maximize the mod it 30%  and it costs you 9 points! and it simply dont worth it.

For example in maximize the mod that is adding 30% Capacity .

BOLTO,Lato,SICARUS, - Base Clip Size 15 + 30% = 5 more shots

Kraken- Base Clip Size 14 + 30% = 2 more shots ! (the Kraken is shoting 2 bullets at once)

LEX - Base Clip Size  6+ 30% = 2 more shots !.

Viper-Base Clip Size 14 + 30% = 4 more shots.

In summary the Slip Magazine mod 5% adding is not enough it must to be at least 10% .

Don't use it then.

And this evenings "Most Worthless Contributor" award goes too.... Voidstalker!

Congratulations, Tell the audience your emotions having recieved "the Arsey"!

Back on topic;

It's not so bad, in my opinion.

Especially with the akimbo pistols which have substantially larger clips.

Perhaps if they made it a flat clip size increase of 10-12 shots. That may be more useful for pistols like the lex which benefit from a larger clip the most anyway.

Well one thing is, you listed singular weapons... the mod works better on Akimbo. I use it on my Lato Vandal single but the reason why is because I rather not reload every 3 seconds. If you had a option to shoot more times before reloading, I say take it. If you get duplicates, fuse them together to rank it up for less credits.

If you had a reload mod with it, it's really efficient too... complimentary mod for this.

Pistols often carry more damage per shot than their primary weapon equivalents.

Part of the balance to that comparison is that they naturally have smaller magazines. Although 30% is still a fairly big bump in magazine size. 8 shots with a Lex instead of 6 is pretty noticeable in the context to that weapon, just not when you compare it to a Magazine Warped Gorgon's 33 extra rounds.

I do not know if anyone would agree with me here, but if DE could tack on a system to the clip size mods I would suggest this - each new level of upgrade for the clip mod itself should add a minimum of one extra bullet to the magazine of whatever gun is being used. That would give the Lex... 11 bullets in a clip? Considering that, at this point, I have found maxing reload speed to be a better alternative to trying to squeeze more bullets into a small clip (Lex, Bronco, all shotguns), I do not think that this would hurt the game.

What do you guys think? 

I do not know if anyone would agree with me here, but if DE could tack on a system to the clip size mods I would suggest this - each new level of upgrade for the clip mod itself should add a minimum of one extra bullet to the magazine of whatever gun is being used. That would give the Lex... 11 bullets in a clip? Considering that, at this point, I have found maxing reload speed to be a better alternative to trying to squeeze more bullets into a small clip (Lex, Bronco, all shotguns), I do not think that this would hurt the game.

What do you guys think? 

Having a minimum of 1 bullet/level makes it too much more useful on weapons with low max ammo, and less useful on weapons with higher ammo. The lex, for example, yould go from 6->11 bullets, doubling ammo between reload. While the Lato (in example) would go from 15->20 (as it does now), making it much less useful for that weapon. The same problem exists with using a static number of bullets added, the lower the clip is to start the more useful it would be on the gun.

IMO they should tripple what it gives, at 15% a level. That way it adds enough to be (possibly) useful.

@liavalenth
He was suggesting that it gives out at *least* 1 bullet.  The lato would go from 6 to 11.  My akboltos would go from 30 to 39.  It would stay the same as it is now except for guns with lower maximum ammo.  Only thing is that it would make the Bronco vastly more powerful and getting closer to being OP.

@liavalenth

He was suggesting that it gives out at *least* 1 bullet.  The lato would go from 6 to 11.  My akboltos would go from 30 to 39.  It would stay the same as it is now except for guns with lower maximum ammo.  Only thing is that it would make the Bronco vastly more powerful and getting closer to being OP.

It still would vastly upset the current balance of the weapons. Lex is borderline overpowered at the moment because of its great damage and accuracy. The only thing keeping this thing from being a pre-nerf Hek is the fact that it can only hold up to 8 rounds in the chamber, and even that is pushing the envelope.

@MoonicusMaximus
I do agree that it could very easily make many pistols too powerful.  I was just bringing up one of the first that I thought of that would quickly get OP.  Being able to fire off 7 shots from a bronco before reloading with a base damage of 105 and then adding damage mods on top of that?

I was mostly just trying to show that psyanide was talking about something different than how liavalenth had read it as.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Tsukinoki

I see your point with the Bronco, though when you upgrade reload speed to max on it, it still throws out lead at a pretty good rate. I figured that the trade off is that it's effectiveness, even with the extra ammo, falls off at distance (I would have to verify this, not certain as I have not used a Bronco in quite a long time), so it still has a role that it excels at but is much less effective than a Lex for someone that prefers to "reach out and touch somebody" rather than getting up close and personal.

It just sucks to put a bunch of effort into upgrading a mod and finding a place for it in your build, only to receive a single extra bullet for your efforts. I could be wrong, and perhaps, as you said, it would make certain guns too good compared to their alternatives. Personally I do not think so, as it would take A LOT of convincing for me to give up my Lato Vandal/Lex in favor of a Bronco (even if it was buffed), as it simply does not suit my personal style. To each their own :) 

I was mostly just trying to show that psyanide was talking about something different than how liavalenth had read it as.

No he had not, but I made my point poorly, so I appologize.

What I meant was with the suggestion the lex goes from 6->11 (+45% or so) while Lato goes from 15->20 (+30% or so) making it much more valuable on weapons with low base ammo loaded. Did not even consider the Bronco (2->7 or +250%).

EDIT: However I do agree this mod needs a boost, I just do not know how to do it. My best idea is increasing it to 15% a level, but that is not really a good idea.

Edited by liavalenth

Actually, just browsing through the other pistols at the moment and thinking about what you guys said - I have not tested all the side arms so yes, my ideas might seem terribly skewed but, 90% of the time I play solo, so none of my weapons really feel OP at any given time. When I am suddenly swarmed by 9 Ancients (4 poison and 5 disruptors- this game and it's random, horrific spawns on Infested levels), I need all the power I can possibly get, as fast as I can possibly get it. At that point, the game is MUCH more about surviving at all costs than wondering if I am being fair to the enemy... At no point did I feel like those Ancients needed a better chance at killing me. Frankly, some of the enemies in this game deserve some OPness shoved down their collective throats... Which I suppose is what comes in the form of a 4 player party. Blah.

*sigh* My sh1tty net connection will always alienate me from the mainstream users.

I prefer maxing out Quickdraw (reload speed) rather than Slip Mag. More effective that way.

It's good for one thing for me at least and that's fusion fodder. :)

Lol, right? For me this kind of goes for any gun that doesn't use sniper ammo.

what im saynig is that the cost of 9 of points in comper to the other mods is not worth it.

For example "BOLTO"  whit  max  Slip Magazine will gave you a total of 20 shots

Base Damage for BOLTO is 25 . so ...

20 shots  X 25 Damage = 500 Damage points

mod Convulsion whit 9 points is 60% more for Base Damageso...

25 Base Damage + 60% Convulsion = 40 Damage points pear shot.

15 shots X  40 Damage points = 600 total Damage !

For example im useing "Kraken" that is shoting 7 shots + Slip Magazine at max mod will gave me 2 more shots .

Kraken- Base Clip Size 14 + 30% = 2  and the becouse the  Kraken is shoting 2 bullets at once the total

It still would vastly upset the current balance of the weapons. Lex is borderline overpowered at the moment because of its great damage and accuracy. The only thing keeping this thing from being a pre-nerf Hek is the fact that it can only hold up to 8 rounds in the chamber, and even that is pushing the envelope.

Its rate of fire is also a big disadvantage.