The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So......... About Chroma (Why No Combined Elements?)

DamienTokala

I was thinking the same thing, but probably mostly just because it would mean more possibilities they would have to account for with how some of the abilities function. Which it really seems like only changes one ability (Elemental Ward) beyond damage type.

Still, I was hoping for this. The basic elements are only useful for basic enemies most of the time, nothing to really help take out the heavy targets. I also wanted Radiation or Viral for the status effects.

Also, why the crap does Toxic give stamina? Who cares about stamina?

Edited by Centias

Yeah I expected both basic and combined elements but elemental ward would become too complex in that case. On a bright side, Toxic is great vs corpus and fire is decent for infested. So not too bad. But frame is quite solid from what I seen in traler, will have better idea on how he performs when i get him but atm I think when modding focus will be on shields and armor along with 1 and 3 as most main abilities to focus modding.

"Element Frame" dose not mean "Mixed Elements Frame", they will probably make this possible in the future but it would be really cool if a "Frost" Chroma and "Fire" Chroma used their abilites at the same time and got a "Blast" explosion out of it. Something like this would be creative....or a sentinals element working in cohesion with him?

Why no viral? Why no blast? Why no radiation? Why no magnetic?

Maybe these will be augments for future chroma fans?

Because then everyone would just go corrosive or radiation for Voids and nothing else.

There's a reason why Saryn's Miasma was the top skill on the power infographic.

"Element Frame" dose not mean "Mixed Elements Frame", they will probably make this possible in the future but it would be really cool if a "Frost" Chroma and "Fire" Chroma used their abilites at the same time and got a "Blast" explosion out of it. Something like this would be creative....or a sentinals element working in cohesion with him?

this guy said it all

Why no viral? Why no blast? Why no radiation? Why no magnetic?

Maybe these will be augments for future chroma fans?

why you already asking for those? We just received the frame the basic elements are already kickass enough as they are xD.

But i get the hype, it would be nice to have those elements, but implementation will be tricky because the energy color influentiates what will come and thos elements mentioned are a mix of basic elements, so unless DE makes the mixes of the respective colors to have those effects, we will never see them because we cant have 2 energy colours on chroma =S.

Edited by bunitchu

What colors do you think would work for Blast? Orange? Nope that's fire. Okay, Magnetic. That's a nice bl...that's electricity...Radiation can be a green! Oh wait.... Gas can also be gre...corrosive is gr...Viral is a g....

Yeah, not enough colors. Too bad.

Beyond the answer that's been given already (matching colors to elements gets complicated because corrosive/gas/toxin are all green etc), look at it from the perspective of what we have. As it stands now, all four "versions" of Chroma are distinct and different (well for that one ability anyway). Can you actually come up with 6 more interesting defensive buffs?

What colors do you think would work for Blast? Orange? Nope that's fire. Okay, Magnetic. That's a nice bl...that's electricity...Radiation can be a green! Oh wait.... Gas can also be gre...corrosive is gr...Viral is a g....

Yeah, not enough colors. Too bad.

Maybe buy more color palette to unlock those huehue

It seems the chroma was based somewhat on chromatic dragons (even the name)... but they only have four dragon types (red, white, blue, green) and are missing the fifth (black dragon, corrosive element).  Also, green should be gas instead of viral.

I'd be fine if they just added a corrosive option to chroma.

Edited by Holeypaladin

It seems the chroma was based somewhat on chromatic dragons (even the name)... but they only have four dragon types (red, white, blue, green) and are missing the fifth (black dragon, corrosive element).  Also, green should be gas instead of viral.

I'd be fine if they just added a corrosive option to chroma.

Please read:

Beyond the answer that's been given already (matching colors to elements gets complicated because corrosive/gas/toxin are all green etc), look at it from the perspective of what we have. As it stands now, all four "versions" of Chroma are distinct and different (well for that one ability anyway). Can you actually come up with 6 more interesting defensive buffs?

element

chemistry : one of the basic substances that are made of atoms of only one kind and that cannot be separated by ordinary chemical means into simpler substances

if we take that into warframe terms, gas, viral, corrosive, etc are not elements, they are a mixture of them. "Composition"

elements in warframe are toxin, fire, ice and electricity, they can't be separated kekekeke topkek

Edited by nms64

If they broke it down to something similar to this you could have the majority of combos available. 

FF0000 - Red - Fire

00FF00 - Green - Toxin

0000FF - Blue - Electricity

FFFFFF - White - Cold

000000 - Black - Cold

FFFF00 - Yellow - Gas

00FFFF - Aqua? - Corrosive

FF00FF - Lavendar? - Radiation

Obviously the system is not so exact as to require those exact colors this is just an example of what how the system could potentially work. But you would still lose three combos since cold is on the gray scale. No Blast, No Magnetic, No Viral. However As mentioned before there might always be some syndicate elemental mod for Chroma eventually.

A simple augment mod would just be something like "Fiery Enhancement" - It gives Chroma fire element damage ontop of whatever he already has thus mixing and creating a combo. One such augment for each element and suddenly Chroma can do all the combos.

Why not just introduce four new augment Mods, each of which add an elemental bias and a small effect to his abilities?

This would only give the Chroma the small effect if the elements matched, and it would require that the player buy all four mods from the Syndicates, but I think this would work nicely to allow for elemental combos.

As for additional effects for his abilities based on the additional six elemental types, just leave the base element as the one that causes the effect (e.g. the element his color is set to will always define the base effects).  The four base elements cover the four base components of your Warframe, being Stamina, Shields, Health, and Armor, so that still works fine - just change the actual damage type.