The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Keeps Freezing Computer For No Apparent Reason

AdunSaveMe

And it's really getting on my nerves. It usually happens on loading screens. It'll be running fine, until suddenly everything just freezes, but I can still hear the sounds going on. I can't tab out, can't close the game, can't do anything. It forces me to restart the computer.

As you can imagine, this is extremely annoying.

It happens almost daily; only in Warframe, and only happened once outside of a loading screen.

I've tried everything I can to avoid it but it still happens.

It's a recent thing. Never ever happened before update 15.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

In the start/run menu type "cmd" with no quotes, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run it with admin rights.  In the black box that comes up, type "sfc /scannow" and hit enter, give it a while to do what it needs to, when it's done restart.

See if that helps at all.

In the start/run menu type "cmd" with no quotes, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run it with admin rights.  In the black box that comes up, type "sfc /scannow" and hit enter, give it a while to do what it needs to, when it's done restart.

See if that helps at all.

It still happens :/

I've tried everything from verifying cache to reinstalling drivers

Tried disabling multi-threaded rendering, specifically?

That's the one I'm aware of that might cause an issue like this.

Didn't help :/

I've found a way around it a bit. If the game isn't minimized, no matter what window I'm in, it can and will freeze.

If I have it minimized on loading screens (I just tab to the desktop) it doesn't happen.

I don't know if it's a permanent workaround, but even still, it obviously isn't a desirable solution.

i have to either play borderless all the time (which halves framerate) or get disconnected from switching tabs in fullscreen.