The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

A Problem I Found Out With Backspace.

Agentcheese

a little while ago I was typing down some thoughts I had on an off topic post when I pressed backspace.

and since I the page did not count as active as I had clicked off it a moment ago to play some music, backspace counted as a back button immediately taking me two pages back and wiping 10 minutes of typing.

although it might seem like it im not mad. in fact im quite ok with it being wiped as it was not that important.

anyway for now I recommend that anyone who reads this uses a word program if they have one and just copy and paste written posts from that into the forums.

I id like to know if possible from DE if this is something they can change/turn on or off, or it it is something they have no control of and is more likely a computer setting.

anyway that is all.

well thanks to both of you for the answer. now I know it was my browser all along. anyway don't be surprised if I end up deleting this post now that I know what's going on.

I don't think it will help DE that much if its nothing they can fix anyway.

What we means is that this is not under their control at all.

Go to a wikipedia page and then click a link, and hit backspace.

It'll go back because that's what your browser does... everywhere.

You can google how to disable backspace going back for whatever browser you use, there might be a way to disable it globally.