Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding Chroma's Elemental Ward

R34LM

Question

I'm really loving Chroma. Nuff said.

I usually mess around on Ceres and I have been trying to choose between Ice and Electricity for his elemental ward.

What I know is this:

Ice buffs armor, reflects damage similar to Shatter Shield and it occasionally procs cold slowing down enemies. I'm not too sure on how much damage it reflects, but the armor buff may come in handy with Vex Armor.

Electricity buffs shields, absorbs damage from enemies and sends it back in the form of an electric arc. I've had one Powerfist hit me and die from the electric arc, same goes for Troopers and Seekers, which is extremely nice. Kill those damn Seekers with their own, OP damage. I've even destroyed an arson eximus by letting their fire blast hit me.

I'm not so much concerned on the damage on either of these abilities, I'm just wondering what you guys think is best, utility wise, for higher level Grineer runs, among other things. Ice or Electricity?

Edited by R34LM

4 answers to this question

Assuming I'm reading the Abilities screen correctly:

Rank 3 Cold Elemental Ward gives +150 Armor, a multiplier of 3 on reflected damage, and a status chance of 25% on reflected damage.

Rank 3 Electric Elemental Ward gives +100 Shield, a multiplier of 10 on reflected damage, and a status chance of 25% on reflected damage.

I haven't tried these elements yet (still testing builds with Heat), so I can't really comment on which is better.