Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Feedback

ClockworkSpectre

So far I like Chroma, the concept behind the abilities is pretty cool, but he needs some tweaking.  These are my first impressions of him after leveling him and playing him for awhile longer. 

Spectral Scream is cool, but even for a 1st ability it feels a little under powered especially considering how vulnerable it leaves you.  Also the base range is pretty poor, though the range issue may not be a problem if he could move faster while it was active.  One little personal issue I have with it is the sound effect, its kind of annoying, it would be nice if it sounded more like a roar than what it sounds like now. 

Elemental ward and Vex armor seem pretty good as is, though elemental ward could use a slightly longer base duration, maybe. 

But then we come to Effigy... it needs some work.  Its targeting seems to be horrible, and it seems to do very little damage, though that may be because of the targeting.  Currently it eats quite a bit of energy for very little return.  I think it needs some sort of CC effect in its immediate vicinity to make it more effective.  Maybe give it a knockdown effect like Grineer heavy units have. 

I do have to say that he looks better in game than I though he would, but like rhino when you Aim Down Sight/zoom in he covers to much of the screen.  

I'd say he is pretty good except effigy, too

It seems like all frames have at least 1 useless skill so lets not talk about spectral scream.

But his ultimate skill is an AI, and its not doing very well, it has like a 2 second blind and it knocks enemies if you are near it.

While costing massive amount of energy and lowering your tankiness.

Since its Ai controlled, its also not that reliable, in my humble opinion ofc

I'd rather buff my team and myself all day long, i hardly ever needed the Effigy

Edited by Absens

I don't know, my Effigy was pretty much on point when it came to attacking enemeies. I just needed to place it in positions where the enemy would be forced to move into me. 

I agree on his 1 though. Make him move faster or give it more range. I like to run into enemies with 2 and 3 already set up to band-aid this, but I change would be nice as well.

That would kill his 3rd ability.

It would be like building Nyx around full power strenght because she can use physic bolts

yeah but i got a feeling he won't be used so much as an allround frame but for specific builds/purposes. dunno.