Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Class Idea

Pimehlkof

I would like to see a new weapon class: Spears

They would be craftet out of, lets say a sword/ dagger / thrown secondary and a bo. Very similar to staffs but u would pierce the enemies instead of just beat them.

Would be a cool weapon

pls dont rage me because if my english; iam not a nativ speaker

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest concern I see with having a spear melee weapon is the throwing aspect of it all. If you chuck it and it impale x number of grineer into a wall how do you get it back? The idea of it returning like a glaive I find sill because it's stuck in something.

I think if they bring a projectile piercing weapon like this it should be in the form of an energy weapon.

So what could be done is the entire weapon is a glove or gauntlet that creates a energy spear that you can melee with and once you throw it, the glove then generates a new spear for you to use.

Also apologies for any typos and grammar. Typed up my response on my phone.

The biggest concern I see with having a spear melee weapon is the throwing aspect of it all. If you chuck it and it impale x number of grineer into a wall how do you get it back? The idea of it returning like a glaive I find sill because it's stuck in something.

I think if they bring a projectile piercing weapon like this it should be in the form of an energy weapon.

So what could be done is the entire weapon is a glove or gauntlet that creates a energy spear that you can melee with and once you throw it, the glove then generates a new spear for you to use.

Personally I don't want Throwing Spears, just normal. Perhaps better to refer to them as Lances then.

A lance huh? The only problem is lances (as far as medieval times are concerned) are quite different than a spear. A spear is more agile where as a lance is definitely more cumbersome. They both have thrusting moves but completely different in the way the rest of combat would play out.

I like that idea alot since im a spear person myself.

This is actually a pretty good idea, and i could see this applied to a wider range of weapons, it'd be a shame to take such a good idea as this and apply it only to spears.

Oh, I think javelins would be a totally different weapon type from spears. And lances would be too unwieldy for a Tenno, except perhaps in Archwing.

Thats a two bladed staff like orthos

It's a call DE has to make about weapon types. A polearm stance with thrusty/choppy moves could be used for spears, in addition to the polearm stances -OR- they could divide it into a whole new weapon type. I tend to lean towards "true" polearms being their own weapon type, but then again the polearm type we have now has an execute animation where you jump up and impale them one handed so... who knows...

I originally added the lance type to a thread I made about missing weapon categories as separate, but I agree they make a lot more sense for Archwing. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/442416-missing-weapons-and-playstyles/

Edited by VKhaun