Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Enemies Eat Their Own Dirt

Genoscythe

So I got this idea after being gibbed by a high-level napalm in melee.

As all our explosive weaponry also deals self-damage if we bomb the ground before our feet, why do enemies not get self-damage when shooting AoE before them? It would be a great addition to see bombards getting blast procced because they are not able to aim their rockets. Also would add some immersion and realism.

Same rights for all 'n' stuff.

Opinions?

Something I actually agree on.

I can understand a slight arc to "Homing" weapons but these weapons straight up follow you through turns.

Would be awesome to lead it back to a Bombard, hop over him and listen as it explodes in his face and any enemies surrounding him.

(Bloody AOE of the rocket is ridiculous enough...)

Also why can't we hop over ground slams from bombards, napalms and gunners! D:

Edited by Sunder

While this change would be nice it is ultimately pointless as these enemies deal rather insignificant amount of damage when compared to their hp pools. Pretty much the only benefit from this would be proc'ing blast from bombards.

And everyone getting knocked down from it rather then just you and everyone dog-piling ya.

And everyone getting knocked down from it rather then just you and everyone dog-piling ya.

Napalms taking their own procs, bombard knocking themselves down, corpus one-shotting themselves with their own grenades, stepping into their own mines, getting rekt by that sapping bomb.

I think this could make quite a difference.

But if you add friendly fire as a standard, then it will be standard for us too, Captain. That also makes Radiation as an element pointless, as all it really does is turn on friendly fire.

If there's any ideas you have to fix those, I'd be happy to hear them, friendly fire has always been fun for me... until you find trolls. And online, you will always find trolls.

But if you add friendly fire as a standard, then it will be standard for us too, Captain. That also makes Radiation as an element pointless, as all it really does is turn on friendly fire.

If there's any ideas you have to fix those, I'd be happy to hear them, friendly fire has always been fun for me... until you find trolls. And online, you will always find trolls.

I'm talking about self-damage, thats completely different from firendly fire. With firendly fire you can kill all your allies, with self-damage you can only damage yourself when you shoot in the ground/on somethign too close.