The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Addittion Needed!

W4RM4CHIN3

So..........i got around to watching the original dark sector game trailer and noticed an interesting thing in there

At 2:45 would be badass addition, if you run out of ammo and want to swap for a low level burston of hek from grineer :D

plus since most stuff was already added from that game would make sense if they added this.

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

So..........i got around to watching the original dark sector game trailer and noticed an interesting thing in there

At 2:45 would be badass addition, if you run out of ammo and want to swap for a low level burston of hek from grineer :D

plus since most stuff was already added from that game would make sense if they added this.

Actually, that's something that i've seen Steve talk about on council chat. The problem is that the concept was supposed to be a lot more stealthy than what we have today, so you wouldn't even have a long gun to begin with, but steal them from your enemies and use them with the clip they have, throwing them away afterwards.

Anyone else notice the sounds from the beginning are now used for stalker? Or that "there are grineer marines all over." I never played dark sector, but I love these little references they have in warframe now to the games predecessor.

Wow, never saw that trailer before. Also, notice that at 3:20 the tenno reveals himself to be an antisocial rusher and blatantly ignores the grineer chasing him with his imba exploit skill.

We'll probably see a flood of forum petitions to ban him once the news gets out...

Anyone else notice the sounds from the beginning are now used for stalker? Or that "there are grineer marines all over." I never played dark sector, but I love these little references they have in warframe now to the games predecessor.

The problem there is that the final darkSector game was so diluted with publisher input that it looked nothing like this in the end. Still a great game though :)

They should have called warframe "dark sector online" lol

That's pretty generic, and Dark Sector wasn't all that popular and super amazing. "Dark Sector Online" would turn a lot of people away before they ever looked at it.

Warframe is very close to what Dark Sector was originally intended to be, until Publisher involvement caused most of the game (Dark Sector) to change.

Jesus, just rang the local game store to check if they had it in stock, only one copy brand new and they want $100 for it!

Well, I know Steam has Dark Sector's PC port for $10.

Of course, the final product looks absolutely nothing like that trailer due to executive meddling.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

It's things like that that make me hate when publishers have TOO much power over dev teams... If Dark Sector stayed that way, it would've done WAY better.

(To be honest, though, the Dark Sector we got was pretty fun. It's pretty underrated.)

Though, if it wasn't tampered with, then we might not have gotten Warframe, so...

Edited by Braken