Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/ Recruitment / Rules] The Dark Descent

(PSN)TophatTyrant

"Tenno, you must retrieve the data from within the Grineer Battleship and-", The voice of Lotus became a warped and twisted sound then back to normal, "capture the target." A quest marker showed on the galaxy maps HUD and glowed red. The marker was on the grineer controlled planet of Saturn.

Your liset cephalon began to question this mission the lotus had given you. Do you venture forth?

[Rules:

- No God Modes

- Don't assume anything, got a question? Ask me, I won't bite.

- Death comes to everyone. If i think something should be dealt with in that manner it will happen.

- However, you may ask me if you want your character to die or live.

- Tennos only.

- You may write as much as you want and as less as you want, but they must impact. So no thoughts on what your character thinks unless they say it outloud. To the shorter posters, you have be creative in your post to have impact.

- one to two characters is a max.

- Squads! get some buddies and make a squad for more fun!

- Don't be to much of a show off, and please be serious at the times to be serious.

- Relationships! Don't be gross, that doesn't just mean sexual, take it to the pm's. Don't make them lovey-dovey with each other, may cause death.

- You may be passionate with your love, just not for stupid reasons. Excuse my french.

- Have fun

-I love description, This may be grotesque and unsettling. People with Vivid Imaginations? Go wild

]

Application:

Name:

Warframe: (Cannot be custom but may have cosmetics and attachments) (sidenote: When roleplaying don't say "she uses ripline" say something along the lines of "she shot a glowing red line from her hand to the ceiling and pulled her self up")

Special Abilities: (What are you good at)

Syndicate: (With syndicate rank as well)

Pre-ferred weapons: (ONLY ONE PRIME WEAPON) (If using dragon nikana you may only use dragon nikana)

Edited by (PS4)TophatTyrant

Name: 'Stig'

Age: Unknown, memories lost like most Tenno who emerge from cryosleep. Presumably a few centuries or more.

Warframe: Volt Prime augmented for maximum power strength, including an antique Arcane-empowered storm helmet. His mad battle-rage and sudden bursts of strength and speed cause his powers to be somewhat more inefficient, forcing him to use additional energy.

Special Abilities: As an adrenaline-addict, Stig is intensely focused on one thing: speed. He's not quiet, he's not discreet, he's not professional and he's not polite, but he's fast. All he seems to care about is his next thrill from a battle, and he makes no secret of his love for 'Space-murder' as he calls it.

Syndicate: None, though has been known to be sympathetic to Steel Meridian; he once asked the general if she would autograph his marelok, followed by asking her out on a date before he was removed from the premises.

Pre-ferred weapons: Amprex, Marelok, Ceramic Dagger, Harsh Language

Occupation: Competitive racer, semi-successful assassin (sometimes difficult to get him to kill the right person), treasure hunter, psychopath.

Visual Reference

Edited by Stigmergy

Name: Collector

Appearance: Unknown, never seen without Warframe armor.

Warframe: Varies, has an extensive collection, prefers Ash above all else.

Special Abilities: A discerning eye for the finest of details, excellent at detecting traps, excellent at spotting traps or incoming patrols; a master of stealth and quick-and-silent killing.

Syndicate: Various, known to jump between all groups as his needs require him.

Preferred weapons: Dread, Despair, Cerata

Occupation: Collector of everything in the System - from mods, to robotics, to people.

Backstory: Having awoken from cryosleep Earth-year ago, Collector has since amassed a large collection of Warframes, weaponry, and even enemies alike. Keeping all within his derelict Corpus vessel-turned-hideout, Collector is single-minded in continuing to expand "hobby". He uses only a select few items out of his entire arsenal, but is keenly and deadly proficient with them.

Edited by Morec0

BTW you guys don't have to put the bios of characters in but i hope you will elaborate abit when were in character

Though, between the little lore we have and the cryosleep-induced memory-loss itself it might be a little difficult to have any significant backstory other than recent Warframe Era events.

Name: Hawkeye

Warframe: Mesa, white bandana with brown and tan body. Brown Uru syandana.

Special Abilities: Ranged assassination, suppressing fire, tactics.

Syndicate: General, Steel Meridian

Pre-ferred weapons: Vectis, Kohmak, Redeemer

Detail-oriented and mission-focused, Hawkeye can be a bit of a wet blanket, but whether she has to wade directly into the fight or sit back to snipe, her effectiveness in the field is unquestionable.
Hawkeye keeps a huras kubrow named Amraphel by her side, and uses him to infiltrate and exfiltrate with relative ease.

Edited by LysanderasD

Though, between the little lore we have and the cryosleep-induced memory-loss itself it might be a little difficult to have any significant backstory other than recent Warframe Era events.

You don't have to be just awokened, you can make new memories after being awoken.

Lysan i like everthing but the name sounds rather male. If you could go for a more feminine or neutral name that would be great.I hope that this doesn't affend you

Lysan i like everthing but the name sounds rather male. If you could go for a more feminine or neutral name that would be great.I hope that this doesn't affend you

He might be going for a "codename"-style naming convention, it's what I'm doing.

You only say that because Hawkeye is a marvel superhero. Hawks have good eyes, that's really all there is to it. Not like there's any gender association there.

Edited by Stigmergy

You only say that because Hawkeye is a marvel superhero. Hawks have good eyes, that's really all there is to it. Not like there's any gender association there.

Well yes that is true, i would only picture the superhero when i here hawkeye. Could we change it to Hawke?

Edited by (PS4)TophatTyrant

Well yes that is true, i would only picture the superhero when i here hawkeye. Could we change it to Hawke?

If I may interject again: I feel like you're attempting to impose too much upon character personalization. Certain things can be out of place (a Corpus with the a name of John and the surname Prodman, for example) but with something as a player's Tenno name, especially given the Tenno can switch between their frames at will regardless of whatever set gender they may be, as long as it isn't something absolutely nuts (i.e.ILoveToPwnNoobs or other such common screen names) it's probably alright to leave it as is.

A key to running an RP is to let your characters have certain freedoms - keep them from godmoding, keep them on the story path if needed, but you can't just hustle them from one spot to the next. Ultimately this is for them to enjoy themselves as their characters, and you to do so with yours.

Trying to be too domineering over how people RP can be destructive to the scenario before it even begins.

I appreciate everyone else rising to my defense here, so to speak, but yes, Morec0 had it right in one. Very few of my Tenno identities use names as names; most of them are code names that tend toward the gender neutral (Event Horizon, Control Freak). Even the ones I give real names tend to have a significance behind the name (Hector Naught, for instance, my Hydroid, whose name roughly means "he holds onto nothing" or, more poetically, "he holds nothing sacred").

I do apologize if the name bothers you, but I'd prefer to keep it all the same. If it bothers you that much, I'll take Hawkeye back and bring another Tenno identity instead.

Edited by LysanderasD

If I may interject again: I feel like you're attempting to impose too much upon character personalization. Certain things can be out of place (a Corpus with the a name of John and the surname Prodman, for example) but with something as a player's Tenno name, especially given the Tenno can switch between their frames at will regardless of whatever set gender they may be, as long as it isn't something absolutely nuts (i.e.ILoveToPwnNoobs or other such common screen names) it's probably alright to leave it as is.

A key to running an RP is to let your characters have certain freedoms - keep them from godmoding, keep them on the story path if needed, but you can't just hustle them from one spot to the next. Ultimately this is for them to enjoy themselves as their characters, and you to do so with yours.

Trying to be too domineering over how people RP can be destructive to the scenario before it even begins.

I'm sorry your right, got a bit ahead of myself.

I appreciate everyone else rising to my defense here, so to speak, but yes, Morec0 had it right in one. Very few of my Tenno identities use names as names; most of them are code names that tend toward the gender neutral (Event Horizon, Control Freak). Even the ones I give real names tend to have a significance behind the name (Hector Naught, for instance, my Hydroid, whose name roughly means "he holds onto nothing" or, more poetically, "he holds nothing sacred").

I do apologize if the name bothers you, but I'd prefer to keep it all the same. If it bothers you that much, I'll take Hawkeye back and bring another Tenno identity instead.

And i'm sorry to you mostly please use hawkeye, i've gotten passed it. Plus mesa is one of favs <3

Lucky... and yes you may.

You wouldn't say call me lucky if you saw how many runs and keys I had to waste to get all the parts. It took me about twelve hours total. After my first run I started building an odonata prime piece and it was finished before I was even halfway done getting volt bits.

Anyway, it won't be a huge impact, he'll still have the same colors, immortal skin, and helmet.