Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full View Of.....the Back Of My Head?

Xylia

Could we get some sort of change to this?

I hate trying to use any gun, but especially PARIS, while standing anywhere near a wall.

I draw the bow back, hold the Right Mouse Button down to aim and suddenly I get a camera full of the back of my head and I can't SEE the thing I'm aiming at because I'm too close to a wall.

Couldn't the wall become transparent or something to allow the camera to pass through it so I get the full view?

Or maybe RMB temporarily causes First Person Perspective instead of zooming in on your Warframe (and of course, having it fill the entire screen if you're too close to a wall)?

You might say "just move away from the wall" ... but what if you're going for a stealth mission and stepping forward might break your stealth/cover/whatever? Or what if stepping forward would cause you to not be able to hit the target anymore?

There was this time I was standing on a ledge, trying to shoot someone through a hole in the floor (where an elevator should be) before going down the elevator.

NOPE!

Turns out there was a stack of pipes or something too close and when I attempted to aim, I got a camera full of the back of my head.

EDIT: Another suggestion: Make your Warframe transparent while RMB aiming.

Edited by Xylia

Press H.

So.....reaching clear across my keyboard (I use an Ergonomic) in the middle of combat is the only way to fix an annoyance that shouldn't be happening in the first place? And what exactly does H do?

So.....reaching clear across my keyboard (I use an Ergonomic) in the middle of combat is the only way to fix an annoyance that shouldn't be happening in the first place? And what exactly does H do?

switch camra side(ie right side to left)

Rebind it. It switches the Camera.

Switching Left or Right will not work if the wall is directly behind you, you're still going to get a magnificent view of the back of your head, only you'll get the left side instead of the right side which may or may not allow you to actually see the thing you're trying to shoot at.

Making your Warframe transparent while RMB zooming would be a MUCH more effective solution.

Switching Left or Right will not work if the wall is directly behind you, you're still going to get a magnificent view of the back of your head, only you'll get the left side instead of the right side which may or may not allow you to actually see the thing you're trying to shoot at.

Making your Warframe transparent while RMB zooming would be a MUCH more effective solution.

First of all, it would look ew. I've never had this problem, so I think you're doing it wrong. Why are you aiming back against a wall? Heck, I don't even have to aim half the time when I'm using Paris, it's fairly accurate at normal view.

First of all, it would look ew. I've never had this problem, so I think you're doing it wrong. Why are you aiming back against a wall? Heck, I don't even have to aim half the time when I'm using Paris, it's fairly accurate at normal view.

The Paris isn't the only weapon I've had this happen with, but it has happened sometimes.

Usually near the beginning of a mission, trying to kill as many guys as I can before one trips the alarm. Some missions start you out in really freaking narrow hallways and if the enemy is in a certain type of room, and you want to kill him without him seeing you, you need to aim and be sure you get what you're trying to hit. Zooming works nicely?

And what would be so "ick" about your Warframe being temporarily transparent while you RMB Aim? At least then you could see what's in front of you....

The Paris isn't the only weapon I've had this happen with, but it has happened sometimes.

Usually near the beginning of a mission, trying to kill as many guys as I can before one trips the alarm. Some missions start you out in really freaking narrow hallways and if the enemy is in a certain type of room, and you want to kill him without him seeing you, you need to aim and be sure you get what you're trying to hit. Zooming works nicely?

And what would be so "ick" about your Warframe being temporarily transparent while you RMB Aim? At least then you could see what's in front of you....

I have said already, never had this problem, What's your res at?

I've had this problem when aiming with anything while near a crate/wall/fellow Tenno/etc. It gets really annoying when someone is slightly faster than you at full tilt and the camera rubberbands until they pass you.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

Yeah sometimes if I back up to a wall too much, no matter what I do, I have to move away when aiming at something perpendicular to it 'cause the back of the head's hogging the screen.  It would be nice if your Warframe became transparent if the camera came in too close so you could aim without being afraid of getting backstabbed or being seen.

Change the button it's tied to. I use 5 on my Razer Naga instead of H.