Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Crow

Kheim

I completely agree with leaving it in the devs hands if they were to choose to implement this frame in the game, that would already be a wonderful surprise to me as well. With their own specual retouching of CROW, I'm hopefully sure that the community would welcome it.

now I don't want to sound like that guy who always argues with the OP(original poster, being new to posting it took me awhile to learn that), BUT

Every time I've seen this warframe I can't help but think it would be more appropriate for an undead or Necromancy warframe. I mean you could have a necromancy frame where you summon a large army (depending on number of recently killed enemies in the area) that do massive aoe damage.  could be really good for defence missions.

but I mean I can't be the only one who looks at it and thinks undead.  P.S. I don't mind if you tell me I'm wrong as long as you have a reason for it. :)

now I don't want to sound like that guy who always argues with the OP(original poster, being new to posting it took me awhile to learn that), BUT

Every time I've seen this warframe I can't help but think it would be more appropriate for an undead or Necromancy warframe. I mean you could have a necromancy frame where you summon a large army (depending on number of recently killed enemies in the area) that do massive aoe damage. could be really good for defence missions.

but I mean I can't be the only one who looks at it and thinks undead. P.S. I don't mind if you tell me I'm wrong as long as you have a reason for it. :)

I can see where you would think this as a possibility for the frame (again, many have their preferences and independant thoughts) but in my opinion, I would think implementing undead cpu's into the game, would only stray away from the general Tenno theme they've got going on here, not to mention the programming difficulty they would have to go through to make this happen.

The moves I chose held similarities to the control animation of other Warframes but with suddle changes along with minor animation changes that are still within the realm of possibility.

*Murderous intent= *animation of CROW looking up, then effect of Frosts Freeze"

Counter=Ash's teleport after animation of letting his guard down and getting hit.

Dissonance=walking animation+infested healer's blast

Hysteria= *Some animation + Nyx's chaos with black flames on enemies

To me, I feel that necromancy abilities would be to hard, as compared to changed variations of already made moves. But those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Kheim

No, like that merciless tyrant from Pratchetts' Discworld series of books. I highly recommend it. (although I know you don't like to read :( )

Oh, hahhahah! I didn't get the reference initially and when I googled it, all it came up with were southern veterinary clinics. Thanks for explaining! You know, not all the community is as 'refined' as you....

Actual topic reference: Crow could use a professional's coloring in my opinion. I mean I would try but I don't have Photoshop installed and I'm not really good with colors... but a good full-color concept would be sweet to see. Really, even an amateur's hand would be fine, as long as he did't look like he was drawn in MS Paint. (jab at my current concept style :P)

Oh, hahhahah! I didn't get the reference initially and when I googled it, all it came up with were southern veterinary clinics. Thanks for explaining! You know, not all the community is as 'refined' as you....

Actual topic reference: Crow could use a professional's coloring in my opinion. I mean I would try but I don't have Photoshop installed and I'm not really good with colors... but a good full-color concept would be sweet to see. Really, even an amateur's hand would be fine, as long as he did't look like he was drawn in MS Paint. (jab at my current concept style :P)

Heh, I see... Sorry, that was because I wrotten it with y instead of i on the end... Kind of only red the series in translation. And I'm not 'refined' I just reference stuff I liked... And it usually makes me look like a hipster.

Ontopic: Hope someone comes up. I could try, but I barely had any practice for, like, two years now, and it would definitely look cellshaded and crude.

I really want this frame, looks great, i want a good looking frame for once, not to mention his abilities sound fun

Thanks! I do hope it makes it somewhere in the game, whether they edit it to the point of no return or leave him exactly how he is, would be completely up to them, but just bringing this frame into the game would seem like a fun frame to play as!

That design is SUPER PRETTY!!!!!! hngg I wanna touch that back!!

Haha like FrostWolf said, that may be a challenging task! There was some lore on him before but I edited it out. I described him as a warframe with a sadistic bloodlust that required fellow Tenno to hold him back.... So good luck on that back ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit late here but glad to see this topic still going strong! Any recommendations, shoutouts, etc. are very much appreciated!

Thanks again everyone for the support on the CROW concept.

Edited by Kheim

It needs a larger and more magnificent long coat!

If the coat is larger, it MUST have physics!

Oh, and the eyes need to glow awesomely, creating a bloom effect.

The changes above will make 'Crow' more awesome, badass and scary.

Actually in the topic linked to Pants, he explains the make of the warframe very well! Look wise, I have little to do with in that department.

Oh. I didn't read the whole thing.

But still. It could use a physicly simulated long coat.

i like this, the third ability i would rather prefer instead of walking you get more of a stylized run, where you could control the direction of where you want to go, instead of walking strait into a wall or if eneimies avoid your ability.

Badass concept!   +1

I actually thought a lot about whether he hould run or walk for the move! But I came down to one stand still, to have him run would mean to reduce the moves length to about 5 seconds max, otherwise it could be considered a bit op.

Thanks for the feed back though! Really appreciate it.

this is what happens to us regular people.... vs the DC/DE

33005122.jpg

but yeah, this frame... woooooooo!!!! epic looking.

although some skills seem similar to other warframe's abilities. but then again.... mgiht be interesting to see.

Edited by VoidWraith