Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access Discount?

Urska

What do you want them equated to?

Let's look at other things.

Standard weapon has, if you're lucky, 2 functions.

Odonata has FOUR.

Standard prime weapon is only one small mesh, usually with a tiny gold trim added. Odonata is a completely different model with high levels of artistic investment.

Balancing a weapon requires relatively little effort, as can be observed by the fact they churn them out at over 1 per week most times. Balancing a character class(AW or frame) requires weeks of tweaking, as can be observed by the fact they only produce one about once a month.

It's more technical work, it's more artistic work, and you get more bang for your buck, ON TOP of getting the same mastery as two weapons.

So, again, what's your whine? "Number of physical objects?" Well, there's two wings.

It makes sense. It's quite fair. Get over it.

Sorry, the Odonata already exists, it's base stats already exist and it's powers already exists. The only thing I can give you credit for is the model as the Odonata Prime is quite different from the Odonata, BUT look at the Soma and Soma Prime, though there shapes are similar  (as are Odonata/Prime) the models are completely different.

Thing you can't seem to understand, particularly with your 'Get over it' comment, is player perceived value != mastery value or DE time investment value. Player perceived value is the trump card because it is the paying player giving DE the return on investment.

Read through the threads that have popped up today. Allot of the posters are stating they're unhappy with the PA, and yes there are people like yourself who state otherwise. But DE were always going to get the investment from that side of the fence. It was people like myself (and I'm guessing the OP) who were sitting on the fence hoping for what we consider better value.

I've been a regular supporter of DE, primarily via PA (purchased Nova, Nyx and Loki), but the only thing I see of value is Volt and the platinum. And no I don't think PA is a cheap way of getting plat because I have never considered the plat packs to be even close to reasonably priced (I'd have to get a 75% off before considering buying one now). Nova, Nyx and Loki were awesome packs (Nova had the awesome Soma and the OK Vasto, Nyx had the awesome Scindo and Hikou, and Loki (my favoruite) has Bo and Wyrm), which makes the Odonata look decidedly poor in my opinion.

The included platinum is already worth nearly twice the cash price of any of the packages. The items are basically a free gift. They're not going to discount anything.  Even at the unit price inclusive of the bonus plat you get when buying, it's break-even on the $49.99 package. If you go by the "standard" exchange rate of $0.07 per plat, it's $73.50 worth of plat for $49.99 with extras, and only gets better from there.

Not everyone is going to like what comes in every Prime Access package, but I doubt they are going to modify the model much. They're already throwing in quite a lot of spiffs, and the model is far more favorable than most other free-to-play games, some of which even intentionally try to trick players with bundles that end up costing more than the items do separately. The "base" price for platinum is also fixed, which isn't the case with a lot of games either - in a lot of them, it's less cost effective to buy less.  That is somewhat true here too because of the "bonus" plat, but at least the base rate is the same for every package before the bonus is factored in.  It's not in so many other games I play, which makes people spend more just so they don't feel like they got screwed before they ever even bought items.

its ok that you follow without a thought DE's math

now, jump of a 300 m cliff, dude ! =)

go it ... ?

we dont have to follow anything or describe our blindness that way, i make it more easy for me: do i wanna support DE for the game or not ?

thats the only reason to spend money into because nothing on a level of pixel can be worth the money or lifetime if we dont choose it conciously ,-)

Edited by HEA7HEN

Sorry, the Odonata already exists, it's base stats already exist and it's powers already exists. The only thing I can give you credit for is the model as the Odonata Prime is quite different from the Odonata, BUT look at the Soma and Soma Prime, though there shapes are similar  (as are Odonata/Prime) the models are completely different.

Thing you can't seem to understand, particularly with your 'Get over it' comment, is player perceived value != mastery value or DE time investment value. Player perceived value is the trump card because it is the paying player giving DE the return on investment.

Read through the threads that have popped up today. Allot of the posters are stating they're unhappy with the PA, and yes there are people like yourself who state otherwise. But DE were always going to get the investment from that side of the fence. It was people like myself (and I'm guessing the OP) who were sitting on the fence hoping for what we consider better value.

I've been a regular supporter of DE, primarily via PA (purchased Nova, Nyx and Loki), but the only thing I see of value is Volt and the platinum. And no I don't think PA is a cheap way of getting plat because I have never considered the plat packs to be even close to reasonably priced (I'd have to get a 75% off before considering buying one now). Nova, Nyx and Loki were awesome packs (Nova had the awesome Soma and the OK Vasto, Nyx had the awesome Scindo and Hikou, and Loki (my favoruite) has Bo and Wyrm), which makes the Odonata look decidedly poor in my opinion.

Player perceived value is what? You don't like archwing, so it's not worth buying?

I mean, you say "Nyx had the awesome scindo and hikou". They're mastery fodder, nothing more. Neither even had an interesting skin, and the scindo can't even use the interesting skins that were released at the same time as it.

Also, sorry, but the weapons already existed, so your whine is even more invalid yet.

Perhaps you should note the fact that there is not a single, solitary event class, but there's so many event weapons that we can sort them by prefix type.

Classes>Weapons. It's been well-established for a long, long time, and getting mad over it is pathetic.

Let's narrow it down: Which are you ACTUALLY mad about:

1. You hate archwing.

2. You believe number of item boxes is far more important than the actual value of items in the boxes.

Go ahead. Let us know.

Player perceived value is what? You don't like archwing, so it's not worth buying?

I mean, you say "Nyx had the awesome scindo and hikou". They're mastery fodder, nothing more. Neither even had an interesting skin, and the scindo can't even use the interesting skins that were released at the same time as it.

Also, sorry, but the weapons already existed, so your whine is even more invalid yet.

Perhaps you should note the fact that there is not a single, solitary event class, but there's so many event weapons that we can sort them by prefix type.

Classes>Weapons. It's been well-established for a long, long time, and getting mad over it is pathetic.

Let's narrow it down: Which are you ACTUALLY mad about:

1. You hate archwing.

2. You believe number of item boxes is far more important than the actual value of items in the boxes.

Go ahead. Let us know.

Mate, you're the only one getting mad by calling people mad, whiny and pathetic. Chill bro, people are entitled to their opinion. You think archwing is legit, I don't.

I said in another post that I thought releasing an archwing as part of PA was premature due to the current state of archwing being incredibly underdone. Maybe when the underwater missions or more importantly the cross-over mission (which from the TennoLive event at PAX sounds like it's gonna be a long way off due to the scale compromises the devs had to make for archwing) then having an archwing in PA would be reasonable. This fact meant yes, there is no other value for me in this pack.

I don't mind that you disagree with me, but boy, name calling because I don't agree with you? Oh and shouldn't the last line say 'Go ahead, let me know.' or do you represent everyone here? 

Edit: soz, had to change the us to me, since I don't technically represent the OPs view.

Edited by KracsNZ

Mate, you're the only one getting mad by calling people mad, whiny and pathetic. Chill bro, people are entitled to their opinion. You think archwing is legit, I don't.

I said in another post that I thought releasing an archwing as part of PA was premature due to the current state of archwing being incredibly underdone. Maybe when the underwater missions or more importantly the cross-over mission (which from the TennoLive event at PAX sounds like it's gonna be a long way off due to the scale compromises the devs had to make for archwing) then having an archwing in PA would be reasonable. This fact meant yes, there is no other value for me in this pack.

I don't mind that you disagree with me, but boy, name calling because I don't agree with you? Oh and shouldn't the last line say 'Go ahead, let me know.' or do you represent everyone here? 

Edit: soz, had to change the us to me, since I don't technically represent the OPs view.

its ok bro, i agree with ya. she is just being  a child

Sorry, but I have to side with OP a bit.

In the end, most people don't buy prime access for Mastery Fodder. They buy it for enjoyable and upgraded gear.

More mastery does not equal more content.

We didn't get the full platter, yet we are paying the same price. 

Even past that, what replaced the weapons is the Odonata Prime. The game mode is incomplete and still in its' infancy, yet DE keeps force feeding it to us. They've now even gone as far as intruding on something that is base Warframe. DE, I don't want to play Archwing. Why the hell are you taking away my Warframe content for Archwing? It's really kinda BS.

To add on, of the THREE archwings, Odonata is considered to be the worst of the three.

Volt Prime is okay. I personally am not interested because I hate Volt.. That's just me, though,

Then there is the Edo Prime Armor which is cool, but looks hardly anything like the base Edo, imo. Not really interested.

Kazeru Prime Sugatra. Looks neat.

In the end, they have taken away some content. Mastery is irrelevant, as Prime Access is about new content, not new mastery fodder. Odonata Prime doesn't really do anything for most of the community.

Now, granted, I don't think knocking off 30 bucks is the solution. Maybe like 5-10 dollar, as less content was added.

Edited by CoRRh

May have missed it, but has anybody highlighted that whether you get Volt Prime Access is a choice?

Especially when it is possible to (grind) farm it, if you feel that the "value" is not worth the dough. Or ignore it totally, if you don't like the new "content". (e.g. Archwing. But archwing segment as optional is not convincing at all because certain quests like Limbo requires this)

BTW, just as a disclaimer: I choose NOT to get Volt Prime Access (still have plats and prefers getting stuff the "hard/fun/patient" way), unless perhaps I run out of plats before I can get Volt Prime and Prime Access is still around(?). *mumbles* gotta keep buying slots...  ;)

May have missed it, but has anybody highlighted that whether you get Volt Prime Access is a choice?

Especially when it is possible to (grind) farm it, if you feel that the "value" is not worth the dough. Or ignore it totally, if you don't like the new "content". (e.g. Archwing. But archwing segment as optional is not convincing at all because certain quests like Limbo requires this)

BTW, just as a disclaimer: I choose NOT to get Volt Prime Access (still have plats and prefers getting stuff the "hard/fun/patient" way), unless perhaps I run out of plats before I can get Volt Prime and Prime Access is still around(?). *mumbles* gotta keep buying slots...  ;)

That's not really an amazing point.

The thing is, is that people WANT to buy PA to both support DE, and have some quick access to new items. 

People are just expressing what they feel the pack is worth, given that there is less content, as far as numbers go, but more mastery to be had.

I agree that there REALLY should be more, this is a prime access, seems like we are flat out just missing something, I mean, at least one weapon sure couldn't hurt to add, I like the idea of a prime archwing, (as being one of the few who enjoy archwing) but I mean it just seems lack luster, especially with most of the community dead set against archwing.... 

Looking forward to owning the Edo Prime armor though.

isnt about it being a "choice" its about being kinda riped off...  you dont think much do ya? cuz i even bolded the issue....

Letting "us" know would be, y'know, all the people on the forum. Letting "me" know would be a private message. <.<

That's not really an amazing point.

The thing is, is that people WANT to buy PA to both support DE, and have some quick access to new items. 

People are just expressing what they feel the pack is worth, given that there is less content, as far as numbers go, but more mastery to be had.

I would like to think that some buy PA to support DE. That would have been more true in the founders days. But sadly, I feel that with the population now, most just treat Prime Access as 'pure transactions'. imo, if support is the intent, and that with the discounted plats etc, the Prime content could be seen as a "bonus" or "token of appreciation"? wouldn't it be strange then if we start complaining that this bonus is too few?

Totally agree with the last part though. I am just expressing my view as well, as value is subjective to everyone. OP feels it is a rip-off, I belong to those that don't. As for my post not being amazing, I'm regrettable that it is taken as such, for lacking the linguistic talent to carry the point over clearer or make it easier/more interesting to read.

isnt about it being a "choice" its about being kinda riped off...  you dont think much do ya? cuz i even bolded the issue....

Trying to keep things chill here. Insulting me will not help the situation, unless that is your main intent.

What I wanted to point out is that value is subjective. not measured by just number of things or how shiny something is. It is dependent on the observer.

For example, this Volt Prime Access, even without archwing (ok.. I place almost little value in that), would still be say better than Excalibur Prime + Skana Prime + Lato Prime for me. but that's just for me.

While you are totally entitled to your view of the deal being a rip-off, I don't really think of it as one. In fact, if I run out of plats now, I don't mind getting this Prime Access pack at all, mostly because I see these as bonus (and PA as alternative to buying plats). 

No they shouldn´t give us a discount on the new PA.

There is a Warframe and an Archwing, they are worth more then 2 weapons.

The problem is that although you're correct, most people don't like Archwing (yet)

IMO they are kind of doing it wrong with these, they should be selling the plat and the boosters and the other bits should be "free gifts" even though they aren't really.  That changes the whole mindset.

Edited by Spindle99

The plats alone worths more for the money you spend on the prime access.

PA contains two things you can't get ingame in any way.

Volt prime icons, and the accessories.

Plat I can get ingame via trading

Volt Prime I can get ingame via farming and trading

Odonata Prime I can get ingame Via farming and trading.

I don't need the plat, and two icons aren't worth $82. The only pack "worth" it is the accessories, and it pains me to know I won't have the Volt P icons, because even though I love Volt with a passion, it still feels wrong because I'm mostly paying for something I don't need.

I don't need the plat, and two icons aren't worth $82. The only pack "worth" it is the accessories, and it pains me to know I won't have the Volt P icons, because even though I love Volt with a passion, it still feels wrong because I'm mostly paying for something I don't need.

The archwing is useless to me, since I don't enjoy archwing missions at all. I have yet to even collect parts for non-default archwings or weapons.

Sentiments akin to this is why I believe this prime access is lacking, again I think a small tweak would be to add a new prime weapon to this Prime Access at the very least, why pay more for less?

Don't forget about the value of time.  Instant access versus the time sink involved in farming (if you go that route).  Sure it's a blast to play WF, but last night I played Void most of the night and ended up with only the Odonata BP.  I had fun and I was helping my buddy who did buy PA Volt level him a few times through...so no complaints from me.  People who are purely grinding to get the parts and getting slapped around by RNG should highly consider the $ vs time arguement though.

Surely you can farm stuff and make 4k+ plat via trading. It can be easy for some people, but extremely difficult for some others. You either spend your time making plat in game or save your time. It is going to take me months to make 4k plat via trading but maybe a few days for those folks in E Gate, oh wait...

Sentiments akin to this is why I believe this prime access is lacking, again I think a small tweak would be to add a new prime weapon to this Prime Access at the very least, why pay more for less?

It's not "less".

What you REALLY think is "a small tweak would be to remove the archwing completely and give us weapons instead". Please don't be dishonest.