Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Bad News.

Monsterwithin

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-won-t-refund-ps4-user-who-lost-600-from-hack/1100-6425885/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

This is showing a user who's been hacked and has lost over 600$, yet Sony only will offer a refund of 150.

The article goes on into detail if you wish to look at it.

How will this effect people thinking about buying the PS4 or thoughts who have it?

As I'm kinda afraid this could turn bad look on Sony-PlayStation.

As of recent post from a fellow Tenno.

This may prove to be false information on the article.

http://i.imgur.com/KY3qHPp.png

Edited by Monsterwithin

Yeah this is kinda old news, but it's complete bull. Xbox pulls some similar stuff. For example in the past I canceled my subscription to xbox live only to have them CHARGE ME the next month, and to boot the service was discontinued as I had asked. This happened on SEVERAL occasions, and although I was always refunded one time they had charged me for an ENTIRE YEAR of xbox live after having only bought a 1 month card and applied it to my account, despite- once again- canceling the subscription; and that happened to be enough to overdraw the bank account, resulting in a fee on my end despite being reimbursed for the charge by Microsoft. (Forgot to mention, Microsoft will randomly auto subscribe you to xbox live...). Can't trust console companies with your info at all I swear...

This in fact is why I actually gave up on consoles (thankfully right before Xbox One was announced, with all the dumb stuff that was planned for it). #PCMasterRace

Well $150 dollars is the max which a psn account can hold, so that is the reason for that number. Also most companies have a cut off point were if disputes are filed with the bank, associated accounts are banned, due to the commonplace of people buying things, only to disputes the charges later.

I'm trying to see it from a nuanced point of view. For example, is Sony at fault if this person had something like 1234 as their password? What if this personal did stupid stuff like talk about account details while in party chat. I, for instance, have been in parties were a person joined and said something to the effect of "the netflix? It's blah...blah...blah...I use the same info for everything" more than once.

Also what if another person "hacked" the account trying to get free games, you'd be surpirised how often people try things like that.

My biggest issue with blaming only Sony here, is that there are too many reasonable examples I can come up with were they would not be 100% at fault. That said I think it would have been better to offer $150 in psn credit, on top of some free services like playstation plus.

Yeah this is kinda old news, but it's complete bull. Xbox pulls some similar stuff. For example in the past I canceled my subscription to xbox live only to have them CHARGE ME the next month, and to boot the service was discontinued as I had asked. This happened on SEVERAL occasions, and although I was always refunded one time they had charged me for an ENTIRE YEAR of xbox live after having only bought a 1 month card and applied it to my account, despite- once again- canceling the subscription; and that happened to be enough to overdraw the bank account, resulting in a fee on my end despite being reimbursed for the charge by Microsoft. (Forgot to mention, Microsoft will randomly auto subscribe you to xbox live...). Can't trust console companies with your info at all I swear...

This in fact is why I actually gave up on consoles (thankfully right before Xbox One was announced, with all the dumb stuff that was planned for it). #PCMasterRace

Damnit! Don't bring PCs into this.