Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Texture

cheukyi6

I think they are soft, like very flexible Kevlar, it's the far future... solid armor is not even a good idea, it's actually a very stupid idea, it limits movement, medieval armor was solid because that's the best they could do, nowadays we have very resistant materials that are still flexible, i do know that frames are supposed to be covered in metal, which is imo also a lame and antiquated idea, but whatever, at least it seems to be some kind of advanced amalgam.

I imagine it would be firm but have some give, and be smooth.

Like really really toned and tight muscle underneath a rubber or other synthetic covering.

Obviously their armor isn't rigid. It moves almost organically. Its probably some batpoop insane alloys/ceramics that are super complex on the micro scale that allows them to be insanely strong, yet not rigid.

I wonder if they are warm or cold generally. I mean, obviously Ember will be warm, and Frost is cold. But what about the others that aren't related to temperatures? Are they warm on the surface like an organic, or cold and synthetic....

Edited by (PS4)fizzer94

I imagine the surface to be soft, and hardens on impact.

Have you heard of shear-thickening liquid? It's currently something that has been developed on body armor. Its coated in the Kevlar, which hardens only when it senses impact, meaning mobility isn't sacrificed.

No, I am not talking about the graphics texture. I wonder how does the surface of warframe feel like. Is it hard? Or is it soft like human skin? It confuses me every time I see how Rhino turns its neck LOL

The Rhino example is a technical problem. In the realization of a 3D character you have a skeleton and the mesh/model skin, which is binded to the skeleton to make it possible animating and moving it.

When you bind the Mesh/Skin to the skeleton, you have to distribute influence on every vertex of the mesh in an area around every single bone. This way when a bone twists, the influenced mesh follows it.

This phase is called "Skinning".

Probably what happens on Rhino's neck isn't desired because clearly the mesh deformates badly; those parts shouldn't twist with the headbone.

This is the result of a model mesh sculpted in an unfriendly way for the animation: you can notice that the collar, while seeming part of a rigid part of the armor, is fused with the neck. 

I suspect it can't be fixed because it would mean checking all the animations, and eventually remaking them.

Also, for "Texture" is commonly intended the Colors of the Mesh. The "Mesh" is the physical surface of the model.

Edited by Burnthesteak87