The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Logitech G15 Plugin?

Havenbrook

Possible to get a plugin for the keyboard? Would be super cool. Ive mentioned it before for other games and people shut me down quite quickly "its the last of conerns right now". Which i understand, but nothing makes me more happy then having a game that works with my LCD on my keyboard. Just a thought.

There are other keyboards out there that support it. Not just the g15. I understand there is a lmited audiance and low priority. Im not asking for one right now or soon. I want one eventually though.I feel it helps the people with those keyboard feel special lol.

Yeah, for those of you unfamiliar, the LCD display of Logitech products merely interprets LCD scripts built into games. Teamspeak and Ventrillo are good examples, but quite a few games have built in features such as server information in Battlefield games. This is not based solely on something Logitech made, but an additional scripting that can be interpreted by external LCD screens built for it. Logitech just happens to be one of the few producing keyboards and gamepads with screens attached. So while it may be a limited audience in some regards, it is a staple of quite a few games out there.

But thank you for informing us you are a mechanical keyboard user, Ced23Ric :P

Currently I don't think there is a whole lot of data to expound upon in the first place; there is no lobby/pub information to be had, no voice chat amongst those you are in game with, regular chat is on screen (where the input box is) and mostly irrelevant while playing, and mapping data is slim. I think it would depend upon if other features like those were added where you wouldn't necessary have the information on the HUD visually at all times.

Although I if it were the G19 display, you could practically fit all the HUD information on it and toggle off the HUD itself for those who enjoy a clean screen. :P

Personally, I've used it more for server information in certain online games, as well as TS3 and Ventrillo because it helps to know who is talking at a given time (at least in games where there are a lot of people in one channel). Voice chat as a built in function would be fun for pubbing with randoms, but mostly useless since most who have a microphone already use TS3/Vent/Mumble.

Forgive my ignorance but I just looked at the features page for the G19 http://www.logitech....oard-for-gaming and am not really sure what you'd want us to do with it? Put hud elements on the little display?

Yes

You are telling me people use those for game information? :D I have a G-15 and the only thing i ever use my LCD display is the clock. Sometimes music. But never game information.

Yes

Although I if it were the G19 display, you could practically fit all the HUD information on it

Yes

and toggle off the HUD itself for those who enjoy a clean screen. :P

Yes, that would be very welcome feature as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I also wouldn't mind having an applet to display some information from the game. For exemple when you open a locker and a bunch of loot falls out, let's say you grab 4 or 5 of those loot I'd like to see those on the applet, I'm currently using a G510 which can fit 6 lines of text on the LCD so basically I could see the last 6 loot I picked up :)

I'm a developper in my spare time I dabble in different languages so if an API of some sort would be availlable I could try my hand at designing an applet...