Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Had A Strange And Somewhat Disturbing Dream About Warframe Last Night.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

So, I think I had a taste of what it was like to be Valkyr. 

The dream was in a sort of third person perspective, but I could still feel everything as if I was in the first person perspective. 

I was an excalibur, and I was strapped down on this weird table thing, which had a sort of lid over it that could be put down on top of the table.  The lid itself had a sort of indent so it could fully cover me. 

The room itself was corpus in design, with a sort of skylight that looked like I was on jupiter. 

There were corpus scientists in the room with me, but despite what you may think there was no Alad V.  There was instead a new character who was wearing something a lot like Darvo's garb, but it was thicker and with a different hat. 

He was promising me upgrades and additional armor plating(I've been paying vanilla volt too much recently  XD), but as soon as he slammed down the lid I felt searing pains all over my body and red-orange light showed betweeen the gaps of the table and lid.

The pain was apparently so great that I actually started screaming within the excalibur suit.  Apparently, this was a big deal for a TENNO to scream.  Somehow, I knew this. Like, it was almost like a psychic call.

It summoned three squads of tenno.  For some reason, I could even see a menu of three different squads, which were Moon Squad, Sun Squad and Twilight Squad.  The perspective shifted between them as they worked their way through the roof of a corpus facility from different angles, never coming into contact or fighting with each other.

I could tell it was on the roof of one of those giant corpus megastructures because there were these giant ridges that looked almost like the Death Star trench scene, but instead of the void of space above it there were the inky, orange swirls of gas present on jupiter.

So they worked their way around, and the trench eventually started shifting around, ridges rising and falling. 

That was where it cut off, and I slept the rest of the night dreamlessly.  But one thing went through my mind when I woke up. 

"New Raid, perhaps?"

What do you all think?

Addition: Writing about this made me remember some things.  Before the weird torture thing, the scientist was apparently a popular figure on relays, offering "Arcane Implant Upgrades" to you and your warframe.  He'd apparently take payment and implant Tenno with them.  He'd ended up being quite venerated for his services before he went and &!$$ed off the tenno by apparently torturing me/an excalibur.

Edited by Gaminus

Felt asleep in General Discussion, and woke up in OffTopic.

"ORDIS! Stop dropping me in random places when I'm asleep!"

*incoming transmission*

"I'm sorry Operator. You were talking nonsense -... I thought you needed a calm place to recover"

"Calm?!?! I'm in the middle of NOWHERE!!!! What is this place?! Come pick me up right away!"

"Roger that, Operator. *proud tone* I will be here in about 10 *bugged sound* earth years!"

"Wh... Are you kidding? Where did you dropped me?"

*radio silence*

(Feel free to post in Fan Concepts if something comes out of this dream of yours. ^^)

I was about to call you weirdo, but then I remembered having a similar dream a few nights ago. Except it was a Frost in the Grineer galleon tileset, and I was more like a camera than the actual Tenno. There was a Heavy Gunner without a mask and a Lancer that were both part of Steel Meridian, apparently. For some convoluted reason the Frost had a pillar fall on him while protecting the other two, and got messily bisected at the waist. The rest of the dream was spent with the Meridians trying to coax the now feral Frost out of the shadows of the pillar (?) and then the Gunner lugging his top half over her shoulder, with him pointing with his hand towards the extraction.

And then they made it to the Meridian ship (??) where they tried to heal him but the nurses had no idea how to do so due to the Tenno's strange biology (or at least that's what I think). So they bandaged him up and plopped him down in some kind of crate or nylon chair. The heavy and the lancer tried to confort him and contact Lotus but he was visibly sagging and withering down like a plant. He eventually turned grey and died of sadness, because a Tenno who can't run is useless to the Lotus.

The most recent Warframe-related dream I had was only a fragment. There wasn't much story or meaning behind it. It's basically just me (a Vauban) and one of my closest friends (a Frost) playing survival against void enemies. We didn't fight in a void tower environment though, but in an urban environment at night. We also happened to be driving fancy sports cars around at high speed, both of which matched our default colour schemes.

Even having spent a relatively long time on Warframe as compared  to my other games, it's exceedingly hard for me to have a full dream where Warframe (or any other game, for that matter) remains a dominant theme. They're always a huge jumble of everything from my experiences. Childhood friends, bits and pieces of games, places I've been to, etc.