The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm/kohm Jr. Essentially Mastery Fooder At This Point?

Brimir

Question

14 answers to this question

People overreact about the Kohm changes.  It's still a fine weapon, about as good version of the Kohm with its first buff (the one that fired at base 5 rounds per second, 9.5 with Shotgun Spazz).  Just slap on a maxed Ammo Mutation and you're set.

As for the Kohmak, I haven't 6-forma'd the thing yet to bring it to its fullest potential in terms of damage, but so far it's been pretty reliable for clearing Infested, and has a better ammo economy than the Kohm (given Ammo Mutation, of course).  Warframe Builder says it can go up to 30k DPS theoretical, which, despite the high spread of the thing, is still pretty good considering innate punchthrough.

The problem is though that when you do, that's essentially two damage mod slots sacrificed just to make up for the shortcommings of the weapon.

I don't really like doing that. It feels.. wrong.

Trust me, you'll have plenty of damage output.  You can even check Warframe Builder for theoretical damage output.  Just note that what's display is the damage per pellet, and that it hasn't been updated to account for the recent Kohm changes yet (so whatever build you see, just multiply its DPS values by 1.33 and you have approximately the damage output of the new Kohm).

In reality your damage is probably gonna be about a third of what the statistics say, but even that is still neat considering the numbers.

Edited by Sonitorum

the kohmak is even worse, sure it shoots more projectiles but the damage is close to negative, hell, if it was any lower, it would heal the enemies!

only way i would ever pay attention to the minikohmmer is if old mechanics came back(seems unlikely) otherwise max n ditch, sadly.

People overreact about the Kohm changes.  It's still a fine weapon, about as good version of the Kohm with its first buff (the one that fired at base 5 rounds per second).  Just slap on a maxed Ammo Mutation and you're set.

As for the Kohmak, I haven't 6-forma'd the thing yet to bring it to its fullest potential in terms of damage, but so far it's been pretty reliable for clearing Infested, and has a better ammo economy than the Kohm (given Ammo Mutation, of course).  Warframe Builder says it can go up to 30k DPS theoretical, which, despite the high spread of the thing, is still pretty good considering innate punchthrough.

30k dps at point blank and if EVERY pellet hits a single target. number are just numbers

Edited by OvAeons

I have enjoyed my time with the Kohmak, moreso than the original Kohm of course. It is a weapon between a shotgun and an automatic secondary in the grand scheme of things. So far, one of the more enjoyable pistol shotguns to date (obviously besides the brakk). Made short work of the hordes of infested I gunned down.

Kohmak is junk tier for a simple reason. If you use it as tap-fire weapon to conserve ammo your going to be missing out on its ramp-up damage. It has to fired at max spool up for it to be a good weapon, but It will burn more ammo than you can possible get back.

Edited by LazyKnight

But how does it compare to the Boar Prime, which is essentially the same thing?

Kohm starts of slow and has staying power were Boar Prime can burst its ammo out quickly. Kohm is not a bad weapon at all it just is not burst orient like Boar prime. 

Kohmak just has a problem with its magazine size and total ammo being too low. Kohm does not suffer this problem and it can go to higher NPC's level than Synoid can.

Edited by LazyKnight

But how does it compare to the Boar Prime, which is essentially the same thing?

That is the point, we already had the proc king Boar Prime, the Khom are now just another option now, they should make Khom a crit shotgun cause this is what we are missing on the shotgun "class".