Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An "i Do Not Want To Host" Check Box

_Rue_

Whenever I play on my wife's laptop I can't host, i think it's super laggy and my framerate dips too.

May I have one of these? :D

I just want to click on a planet and wait for a willing host to arrive so i can join or auto join without having to click, wait, then escape til i join a game.

Edited by _Rue_

Second that. I have the same problem, when I am host in online mode my computer goes really slow and laggy.

The problem in adding that "Not want to be host" button would be that EVERYBODY would use it and no one would play then. XD

This ^

Plus an option to not join anyone's game where the ping is above a certain ratio. Joined a game yesterday full of Germans and the game was literally a slide show. Do I quit and take a stat sheet penalty or afk in a corner... the latter ofc. :)

Personally I wish the game would choose the host to be whoever had the fastest connection in the group to host, if that is at all possible. I always feel guilty when the game makes me host because my internet is slow as balls.

The problem in adding that "Not want to be host" button would be that EVERYBODY would use it and no one would play then. XD

Pretty much. I like how being a host is actually a disadvantage in this game because of horrible fps drops.

That's so wrong! i love being the host, no latency for me! and my fps only occasionally drops while hosting (very very rarely) and better me than others, since i have a good computer on top of half-decent connection.

My connection should be good enough to host a game of 4, but sometimes the game will lag for other players, i suspect however that this is related to the strict-nat issue, and is possibly caused by having 2 or more strict-nat players in the game.

When I host a full game it lags horribly despite my pc being far overqualified to do so. Bandwidth is my best guess but i should have at least 10mbps upstream. Would love a diagnostic tool or a checkbox to abstain from hosting because i knpw ill be making a laggy game for people.

That's so wrong! i love being the host, no latency for me! and my fps only occasionally drops while hosting (very very rarely) and better me than others, since i have a good computer on top of half-decent connection.

My connection should be good enough to host a game of 4, but sometimes the game will lag for other players, i suspect however that this is related to the strict-nat issue, and is possibly caused by having 2 or more strict-nat players in the game.

This, bolt weapons and the glaive are good enough reasons for people to host :)

Possible mutation to a "I don't want to host option": Allow you to specify how much latency you are willing to allow between you and the host. Allow ### latency max and have the program ping the host.

EDIT: May also be a good idea to have the opposite: "I can host" option.

Edited by spiketail

Pretty much. I like how being a host is actually a disadvantage in this game because of horrible fps drops.

Actually I would host the S#&$ out of games. I got a pretty strong connection and it always bugs me to no end when I have to join some guy with a terrible connection!

Actually rather than the suggestion in the OP the game clients should determine who has the strongest CPU and upstream bandwidth and make them host. The amount of laggy hosts I encounter is rather high. It's win-win for everyone if the host isn't just the first guy to click on a planet but the best available host instead.

I'd like a "No auto-join" option so I can host my own games.

Or this.

Actually I would host the S#&$ out of games. I got a pretty strong connection and it always bugs me to no end when I have to join some guy with a terrible connection!

Very much this. I got a strong system on a decent connection, nobody has yet complained about lag when I was hosting.

Same here. I think a "i do not want to host" button should work fine