The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Thank You For Teaching Me The "early Access" Or "paid Beta" Lesson Again De.

Irolltwenties

No, he's entierly correct.

There is a simple solution. Active Caching. Basically, if you crash, your computer saves the data that you've acquired so far in the mission, and checks it with whats in the server, then makes sure you have what you're missing.

Also, the server needs to actively take snapshots mid-mission so we can keep all our items if we get a host migration.

Won't those cause a serious problem? to have item data access to the client side? People would just crash on purpose to edit what they have and relog and rejoin?

Warframe is Perma-Beta...overall a good game, but they're never taking it out of Beta so that when you realize how broken the game is, they can just point at the "Beta" sticker

But this is good . . .it means there is no gold nursery period and then forget about the game.

I like the new perma-beta, early access, etc., it means the game is ever changing and the devs are always there to hear us . .

But this is good . . .it means there is no gold nursery period and then forget about the game.

I like the new perma-beta, early access, etc., it means the game is ever changing and the devs are always there to hear us . .

It doesn't need to be perma beta to keep changing. F2Ps must keep changing/adding stuff to keep people. Perma beta is just an excuse to point at.

That's not the point, the point is that everything he's said is not of his own tongue. Even his very wording is just pulled off of other things.

For example,

His account's only existed for less then 2 months and he's made no posts asking people about any of this.

"The logic is real."

little

too

much

internet.

I am pretty sure the "Member since ________" thing that is shown on our character profiles refers to the date that the person joined the forum, but not the game. Therefore, he could have started this game a long time ago, but created an account on the forum two months ago.

I think what Roogan was saying is that OP has been playing for at least 2 years, his forum account is only about 2 months old and in those 2 years (and 2 months) OP has made no posts asking people about this. 

Not sure what his point was, but I suspect that's what he meant.

It doesn't need to be perma beta to keep changing. F2Ps must keep changing/adding stuff to keep people. Perma beta is just an excuse to point at.

+1 This guy.

Real World Game/Developer Examples for the skeptics:

1. League of Legends (Riot Games) - Had it's rougher/beta start, but chose to fix glitches/bugs, develop and balance content, and sold premium content. IN THAT ORDER

2. Dota 2 (now Valve) - Not only did this one turn into a huge hit, it started with the "impossible" foundation of not having a store/funding. When good developers put time and hard work into something, it makes a good game? Also, their store has mostly cosmetic and asthetic stuff that doesn't give

players that pay an unfair advantage. i.e. They are an excellent example of a free to play game with optional purchases, not "Pay to Win"

On the other hand, we have Hi-Rez Studios & Tribes: Ascend, which for those of you who either didn't care or might not remember:

1. Started with enthusiastic player base, good engine, just good all around basic pvp game.

2. Hi-Rez chose to focus on new content/games instead of fixing existing bugs/network issuses.

3. Ignored the user suggestions, assistance, and performance concerns in favor of expanding and creating more stuff.

On a personal note, as time goes on I am seeing more and more frightening similarities between Tribes: Ascend and Warframe. FYI - I started playing Warframe when looking for a new shooting game. Because Tribes: Ascend had fallen into developer hell ruined by bad management. Checking the wiki page for Hi-Rez and Tribes to make sure my post was accurate gave me a funny feeling of deja vu.

I hope they can pull out of their self-defeating cycle of making new content, because they want/need money, so they can fix the old content, but then the new content has it's own issues and... (repeat)        I do like how there is a bug reporter now, and it's good to see them working on the video crashing/etc (Great job, actually. Best I've seen them do, ever.), but rolling out so much new content w/pvp and the like seems like wasted man hours if hordes of players get Host migrations, get stuck capturing a target in animation, fall through the bottom of the level, etc. Or, my biggest personal issue with all the new PvP rollouts is the regular game is stagnating. Synthesis? That's what we get w/u16, a targeted codex scanner, a new Warframe and a weapon? They could've not let me down and just released that stuff as a dev weekend or whatever.

Doing endless missions for 40+ minutes and the host lagging or dropping and disconnecting the entire squad who get a nice "Mission Failed" screen with no rewards makes so much sense.

From what I've heard, you're supposed to get the rewards in this scenario and should send in a support ticket if you don't.

Doing endless missions for 40+ minutes and the host lagging or dropping and disconnecting the entire squad who get a nice "Mission Failed" screen with no rewards makes so much sense.

The logic is real.  Almost two years in and this isn't a priority.  Ridiculous.  But the cash shop works great.  It's my own fault for falling for something that is a business model first and a game second.

Good luck all.  I'll check back periodically to see if this ever gets fixed.

I had this happen to me and we didn't get a mission fail .