Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Really &!$$ed About Synoid Nerf

xenoffense

The S.Gammacor is still above average, the Boltor and Soma are also (way) above average.

I couldn't care less about a nerf for them as I don't use them, so go for it.

Or, why don't we stop complaining about (deserved) nerf, and start asking some buff for subpar weapons?

In the end, some weapons are "above average" just because some others bring that average down.

So, ultimately, everything will be average, and we will be able to use every weapons for diversity sake.

Let's talk about the Sobek,the Cernos or the Lanka for example.

You don't have to justify the ressources and time invested at all.

For one simple reason: if syndicates are way better than the other 200 weapons (you know, the weapons that require to invest credits in a blueprint then ressources to craft), then they become mandatory, and so everyone will use 6 weapons in the entire game. 

Ge-nius

The built-in proc already justify the cost more than enough, if it was me, all syndicate weapons should be on par with the rest of the arsenal stat-wise.

And know what? I have a potatoed Mag in my arsenal, and a potatoed Mag Prime, and a potatoed Burston, and a potatoed Burston Prime, and a potatoed AFuris, and a potatoed Dex Furis (okay this one was free). Welcome to Warframe.

'' Ge-nius'' all i will say to that is watch your tone, i been polite so i will ask you to do the same.

Now the syndicate weapons are not exactly easy to get and appart for the potato and formas on the actual weapon, you need to sacrifice a lot more to even get to the final rank. So even if the weapons are ''mandatory'' they are not easy to get.

Because of that syndicate weapons have the right to be considered the 6 best side arms of the game, maybe not by the huge marging they might currently at but they deserve it. Dont forget to consider that, even if those 6 syndicate weapons are the 6 best sidearms of the game, there can always be weapons good enough to be compared to them, so why nerf the syndicate weapons instead of buffing the rest?

You have a long process of grinding rep, getting prime parts and sacrificing formas and potatos to get some cool rewards for your hardwork at the end, yes mods are cool but the crown jewels are the weapons. So you want to deny it? Lets makes these like all the others so when you get them you have a syndicate skin of the regular gun. Hmm no?

I would like to point that In your post i just quoted you contradict yourself:

''Or, why don't we stop complaining about (deserved) nerf, and start asking some buff for subpar weapons?'' Buff?

''For one simple reason: if syndicates are way better than the other 200 weapons (you know, the weapons that require to invest credits in a blueprint then ressources to craft), then they become mandatory, and so everyone will use 6 weapons in the entire game.'' Nerf?

So because they are better than the 200 other weapons, should we nerf or buff?

You know what I see here?

I see a whiny little kid, angry over a game where a few forma's and love can make any weapon in the game good, upset because one of the most overpowered weapons in the game received a nerf to it, putting it in check in comparison to other weapons. 

Let's take a look at it a little bit. It is a secondary. Not supposed to do more damage than a primary. It is a small, compacted laser weapon. Not a death beam or anything super-powered. Secondly. It does magnetic damage. Great for shields, use it to take down shielded enemies. Lastly, there is this thing called a forma, which makes it easier to put heavy-cost, super-powered mods on it. 

2e0.png

In other words, get over it it, and maybe learn to love a new weapon.

Plenty of other weapons have been 'balanced' and have never been touched again other than for mastery fodder. Be happy the synoid is still ​usable. cough, cough, ignis, couch cough.

You know what I see here?

I see a whiny little kid, angry over a game where a few forma's and love can make any weapon in the game good, upset because one of the most overpowered weapons in the game received a nerf to it, putting it in check in comparison to other weapons. 

Let's take a look at it a little bit. It is a secondary. Not supposed to do more damage than a primary. It is a small, compacted laser weapon. Not a death beam or anything super-powered. Secondly. It does magnetic damage. Great for shields, use it to take down shielded enemies. Lastly, there is this thing called a forma, which makes it easier to put heavy-cost, super-powered mods on it. 

2e0.png

In other words, get over it it, and maybe learn to love a new weapon.

Plenty of other weapons have been 'balanced' and have never been touched again other than for mastery fodder. Be happy the synoid is still ​usable. cough, cough, ignis, couch cough.

Like the ignis, synoid is only usable in mid-high solar map levels, because the enemy are weak enough for it to kill efficiently, anything higher will require a pistol scavenger aura to remain sustainable. The aura alone kills its usefulness in late-endgame, because you're sacrificing a damage boosting aura (corrosive projection) in order to keep using it past 30 minutes.

Synoid is dead, taken rakta ballistica's place as worst syndicate weapon available. Brakk can do everything the new synoid can, all without consuming ungodly amounts of ammo or using mutation/scavenger mods as crutches.

Edited by Pizzarugi

I honestly think DE should stop releasing high level weapons, there's no variety for high level weapons and when we do get one it gets nerfed so I guess we're suck with soma, boltor prime, brakk, and marelock. Seriously this is a joke out of all the weapons we have less than 10% are uselful for high level gameplay, DE you failed.

Edited by OnimaruX