Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason We Need An Fps Mode

Llyssa

We don't need FPS mode. You want it. There's a difference between wanting something and needing it.

And to refute your point:

fFsn0Rn.png

And from the animator of GTA 5 for next gen consoles on the FPS aspect:

"According to Nelson, the first-person view required more development effort than simply repositioning the camera, because of the need to adapt combat to a different view. The weapons were upgraded to a higher resolution, and new animations including weapon recoil, reload and switch were added. "I think we created 3,000 animations on weapons alone", said Nelson."

Now imagine that with the scope and speed of warframe. It would take far too long and far too many resources to put into something in a game that really doesn't need it other than the "cool" factor.

Also, that thing is so un-needed. It's like the wii-fit board. Cool for 1 thing and people will ditch it when they got nothing else to do with it.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Nah, "virtual reality" is not an enhancement, i don't know why people think "vr" is the natural "next step" of video games. I really do enjoy playing video games from my home on my couch, that separation from reality is what makes them games. Anyone wanting to turn their video games into "virtual realities" might be desiring something different from what video games actually offer, leave my "real" reality be so i can enjoy videogames from my comfy reality.

Also, how would we admire our gorgeous frames in first person perspective?...

Clicked the video, and its a NO.

Nah, "virtual reality" is not an enhancement, i don't know why people think "vr" is the natural "next step" of video games. I really do enjoy playing video games from my home on my couch, that separation from reality is what makes them games. Anyone wanting to turn their video games into "virtual realities" might be desiring something different from what video games actually offer, leave my "real" reality be so i can enjoy videogames from my comfy reality.

Also, how would we admire our gorgeous frames in first person perspective?...

Clicked the video, and its a NO.

I like the idea of archwing VR. It seems like it would be fun. Ah well.

Thanks for being the only person to actually look and respond.

Even if Warframe had a first person mode, the Virtuix seems like it wouldn't really be compatible with many of the movement capabilities in Warframe.

Also, it seems pretty awkward to actually use with the intention of doing good in any game.  But I can appreciate the goal of increased physical interaction between the player and the game.

I like the idea of archwing VR. It seems like it would be fun. Ah well.

Thanks for being the only person to actually look and respond.

Well... archwing vr... that is something i would try... i think you got a supporter now, and you are welcome.