The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Slide-N-Slash Macro Replacing Jump/slide Macro

SilverBones

So after the removal of the Jump/Slide macro I have noticed that several people I have played with seem to have set up a Slide/Melee movement macro that functionally does the same thing. I watched a Banshee basically glide around the room at super-fast pace using the same combination of slide and slice, easily outrunning my Ash with a maxed out Rush mod.

Just thought I would bring it up, as it seems to be something the Devs are trying to stay away from.

Edited by SilverBones

If it would just consume stamina instead of giving infinite supply would there be a problem?

Maybe even make it consume a bit extra stamina than normal sprinting

This may be a wonderful compromise. Good stuff guys. 

we arent talking about movement nerf. we are talking about the melee attack being exploited. The last exploit that was almost exactly like this was fixed. So we know its likely and are hoping not to lose a acceptable attack to the nerf hammer because people were abusing it.

Oh, I didn't even realize that the slide attack doesn't use stamina.  

Yeah, even a Rhino can keep up with other characters using this technique.  I'm not sure that a nerf is needed, but I'm guessing that the devs will consider this as macro abuse and change it.

just cuz it makes u move a lil faster? o-0 i dont see what the big deal is.

What would be the point in leveling up a Rush mod? If a Rhino is made faster than a Loki by macroing, that is not a cool thing you discovered in-game, it's 'software-modding' your physical hardware to give you an unintended advantage. DE stated in the last DevStream that such discoveries were not considered within the boundaries of exploring the game itself and would be 'fixed'.

Oh, I didn't even realize that the slide attack doesn't use stamina.  

Yeah, even a Rhino can keep up with other characters using this technique.  I'm not sure that a nerf is needed, but I'm guessing that the devs will consider this as macro abuse and change it.

I would say that is a probable outcome.

I've been doing this without the use of a macro.

The thing is in the majority of cases I do not have to use it.

Main reason people would want to use it is to be ahead of all the other players to get the kills first and to open the loot first.

Oh and be at the evac point........first.

The last two are absolutely nothing to do with gaining anything in game.

It's a childish moral victory.

I am sure many if not all of you have been half a second away from smashing open a loot box only to has some ash or loki slide slash at it to break it before you do.

What does this all have in common?

Yes you guessed it.

Being first.

Also the reason why you may find the host has quickly disconnected when he finds out you have killed more people than he has, leaving him second best.