Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's First Ability

ZechsX18999

CHroma in general is a badly designed frame, he would work in a different game but Warframe is too fast paced and pure tanks are terrible in Warframe since it's better to completely avoid dmg than tanking it, and by avoid I mean CC.

Anyway I do agree Spectral Scream needs improvements but I also believe Chroma needs utility buffs in general since Effigy's sentinel is simply better than Chroma's entire skillset in every way imaginable.

The range and DPS need to be buffed a little. Maybe 15 meters and more ticks?

CHroma in general is a badly designed frame, he would work in a different game but Warframe is too fast paced and pure tanks are terrible in Warframe since it's better to completely avoid dmg than tanking it, and by avoid I mean CC.

Anyway I do agree Spectral Scream needs improvements but I also believe Chroma needs utility buffs in general since Effigy's sentinel is simply better than Chroma's entire skillset in every way imaginable.

Badly designed? Do you have any idea how many builds you can run with Chroma? I think he is one of the most versatile Warframes in the game. He can be a team player, or go solo. Pure tank, wot? You think Chroma is a pure tank? Mod him properly, plz.

Edited by Duyet

You have no idea how to play him or what he's capable of. 

1. He is a versatile frame to use. He can tank and dish out damage (fire and ice element, 2 and 3 work in tandem). He can dish out damage with his effigy. And as someone pointed out, time 1 right and dodge CC.

2. Spectral skill is actually good...for early game that is. It falls off HARD late game but can still dish out some hefty CC (fire, ice, and lightning element.

I went into the Simalcrum to check his Electric 2nd skill -- 20 level 90 Crewmen and I literally didn't have to attack them. They killed themselves by attacking Chroma whilst his 2nd skill was active (and 3rd for survivability). LEVEL NINETY.

But mostly I run an ice build. Dat armor, mini shatter shield and damage boost from Scorn... Makes him able to stand in the middle of enemies meleeing the crap out of them -- works even better if your melee weapon causes enemies to stagger.

Chroma's First Ability shouldn't disable weapons. I'm not even sure if it should reduce Chroma's movement speed.

As it is now, there's no reason to use Chroma's first ability. All it does is waste energy, lower dps, and reduce movement speed.

Quick easy way to slow incoming attackers/panic them, if using Frost or Fire.