Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Confirm That Theres A Human Body Under Their Suit?

Guest khk6

Ah well thank you. I have not yet watched devstream 52. I don't remember where I read it but I thought that the Tenno were survivors of the void, who were twisted and changed by the void. It allowed them to bond with the technocyte virus though which allowed the warframes to operate only for them. 

Ah well thank you. I have not yet watched devstream 52. I don't remember where I read it but I thought that the Tenno were survivors of the void, who were twisted and changed by the void. 

The is all true

It allowed them to bond with the technocyte virus though which allowed the warframes to operate only for them.

This has no basis in the game. Nothing currently connects the virus and the Tenno. Warframes: yes, Tenno: no. Also remember that Technocyte material is used in Corpus, Grineer and Tenno technology (Plastids, Mutagen, Nano Spores, Neurodes and maybe even Morphics and thus Forma according to Devstream 10)

Dark Sector is no longer directly related to Warframe as confirmmed in Devstream #52.

Dark Sector is not canon, but there is a 4/10 (40%) connection. So any one fact may or may not apply. We can't say 100% of Dark sector is irrelevant but we also can't say XYZ happened in DS hence it must be true in Warframe.

The statement that "Hayden Tenno" was the "OG" (The first Tenno) was confirmed in relation to Warframe, it is still true, however that doesn't mean that the Warframe Hayden has the same story as the Dark Sector Hayden.

After all, the Hayden from the DS pitch video had a suit while having no visible infection at all, so maybe the whole idea of Hayden-as-survivor-of-the-technocyte-virus is scrapped in Warframe history, in favour of a story involving the Void and the Orokin.

Edited by SilentMobius

This has no basis in the game. Nothing currently connects the virus and the Tenno. Warframes: yes, Tenno: no. 

What about the Lephantis/J3 lines? They seem to imply some sort of similarity between tenno and infested, though maybe not a connection.

What about the Lephantis/J3 lines? They seem to imply some sort of similarity between tenno and infested, though maybe not a connection.

The Tenno are also masked behind their Warframes. Could it not be the Infested bosses looking at them, seeing the Technocyte Warframes and trying to figure out "what the hell? you're us, why are you attacking us?" or "you're just killing us and leaving us to rot... why are you not consuming us to improve yourselves?"

We already have a precedent to the Tenno and Warframes to have separate origins - The Rhino Prime Codex - so I'd say what we play as is a symbiosis of the two - the strength provided by the Warframe, the mind provided by the the Tenno.

The Tenno are also masked behind their Warframes. Could it not be the Infested bosses looking at them, seeing the Technocyte Warframes and trying to figure out "what the hell? you're us, why are you attacking us?" or "you're just killing us and leaving us to rot... why are you not consuming us to improve yourselves?"

We already have a precedent to the Tenno and Warframes to have separate origins - The Rhino Prime Codex - so I'd say what we play as is a symbiosis of the two - the strength provided by the Warframe, the mind provided by the the Tenno.

It could be that.

It seems to me though that the larger infested organisms seem to have psychic abilities of some sort, especially when it comes to recognizing and communicating with other infested. I always figured that line was more of a "I sense you're an infested too, why are we fighting?" type thing. We seem to be able to communicate with them somehow, after all.

If you were watching a Zombie Movie and the zombie monsters said "We are your flesh" to the protagonist would you assume that the protagonist was infected with the virus? or would you assume the monster was talking about the fact that they were literally made of human flesh?

If the line was "You are our flesh" then sure that would be something, but that's not the line. "We are your flesh" is what they say, and they are, they are all made of human flesh.

Edited by SilentMobius

It could be that.

It seems to me though that the larger infested organisms seem to have psychic abilities of some sort, especially when it comes to recognizing and communicating with other infested. I always figured that line was more of a "I sense you're an infested too, why are we fighting?" type thing. We seem to be able to communicate with them somehow, after all.

Even there, we have the link between the Tenno and the Warframe, so it's possible they are indeed sensing the Infestation and us as one organism, and because of the Infestation the confusion arises.

Or, it could be that they can't connect with us on that hivemind level, that our Infested are separate from them - "revoke the frailties of the flesh, let us in", as Phorid says - and because of that the confusion arises.

Many possible avenues of explanation.

If you were watching a Zombie Movie and the zombie monsters said "We are your flesh" to the protagonist would you assume that the protagonist was infected with the virus? or would you assume the monster was talking about the fact that they were literally made of human flesh?

If the line was "You are our flesh" then sure that would be something, but that's not the line. "We are your flesh" is what they say, and they are, they are all made of human flesh.

Well I think there's a slight distinction between Technocyte and zombies. Zombies are essentially just humans, while Technocyte seems to be have more like the Necromorphs from Dead Space and convert tissue into a new type of flesh.

Even there, we have the link between the Tenno and the Warframe, so it's possible they are indeed sensing the Infestation and us as one organism, and because of the Infestation the confusion arises.

Or, it could be that they can't connect with us on that hivemind level, that our Infested are separate from them - "revoke the frailties of the flesh, let us in", as Phorid says - and because of that the confusion arises.

Many possible avenues of explanation.

Well, one of my wilder theories is that Technocyte is a void-native organism. The tenno caught Technocyte in the void and brought it back with them, and their Technocyte tissue was used to form the infestation forms we have today. I think that neatly explains the otherworldly abilities some Technocyte organisms seem to have, and it's another potential link to the tenno.