Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Tips For Scindo Prime Builds.

LordAsmolicious

Question

So i need help with various builds for my Scindo Prime. if formas are needed just say so.  any recomended mods and such. the link to the screenshot of my current build.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416594872

What im looking for is tips to what i could do to generaly counter Corrupted and Grineer. 

Edited by Marabunta5

11 answers to this question

Spoiled Strike, Pressure Point, Fury, True Steel and Organ Shatter are pretty much a must have on the Scindo Prime.

Past that, you could go with the Radiation or Corrosive elements depending on whether you're using it for Grineer heavies, Grineer lighter units, or pretty much all units of the Corrupted.

Berserker.

Edit: My build:

Rending Crane

Berserker               Fever Strike                Fury                             Buzz Kill

True Steel             Vicious Forst                Voltaic Strike                Pressure Point

no need for forma, have 2 free mod cap even.

This+Loki = Soloable Escalation

Voltaic Strike you can replace with prettymuch anything, for me it's just for the status change.

Quickening would be cool for extra attack speed, organ shatter too for better dmg, since you will be doing insane crit a lot with berserker.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

Crit mods aren't a necessity, unless it's for Valkyr's Hysteria.

Crit mods are, at best, a minor DPS gain that comes at the cost of reliability. Depending on build they can actually be a DPS loss. This is because True Steel sucks. Organ Shatter on the other hand can add a lot of DPS by itself, though it will be very up and down. What crit mods do is improve the reliability of Berserker, but the base 20% chance by itself is already enough to make Berserker reasonably reliable.

Which brings me to something you absolutely do need: Berserker. You need it. It's necessary. The speed is just too good not to take it on every weapon with viable crit chance.

I'd also recommend a rank 0-1 Lifestrike. Because every melee weapon should have it.

So here's my recommended build:

Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fury, Berserker, Lifestrike R0, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, North Wind

This should out-DPS your current build by a significant margin. Like 50% or so. You could get more DPS by replacing Spoiled Strike with Organ Shatter, but it will be very inconsistent. Alternatively you can replace it with Molten Impact for a very slight gain, but it makes for more difficult elemental combos. If you happen to have Buzz Kill (120% Slash event mod), that's a slight gain over Spoiled Strike but it would suffer against Grineer. So this seems to be overall the best setup.

If you intend to frequently Channel, replace Spoiled Strike with Killing Blow and put it in the V polarity slot.

If you generally only melee in short bursts rather than long periods of time, replacing Fury and Spoiled Strike for True Steel and Organ Shatter is an option. It's a slight speed/DPS loss but lets you get to full Berserker stacks quicker.

Edited by OniGanon

This is my build personally, forma'd once for the stance to match the polarity. http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Scindo_prime/t_30_000200004_224-3-5-226-0-5-238-5-3-239-1-5-240-7-3-243-2-3-247-4-5-251-6-5-303-8-3_226-9-239-9-243-9-224-5-247-9-238-7-251-11-240-7-303-10/en/4-0-67

The crit chance is pretty good for a melee weapon. WIth the stance cleaving whirlwind, there's a lot of fast that are bound to land a crit at least once. Berserker will increase that chance as you go on due to faster attacking speed meaning more hits landing. 

One Forma to match the stance polarity to Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale.

My builds usually start with this as a base:

- Pressure Point

- Buzz Kill

- Fury

- Berserker

- True Steel

The remaining three slots depend on what I'm going for:

- Elemental damage build with 3 elementals

- Critical damage build with Organ Shatter and 2 elementals

- Life Strike build with 0/3 Life Strike and 2 elementals

- Channeling build with Killing Blow, Focus Energy, and 1 additional elemental

Main Build changed to what Oni suggested. Got another crit build from the thread aswell.  Though im gonna try both builds with Tempo royale and Whirlwind off to test the first one...   Edit: Darn gotta get my hands on Buzzkill i missed that event. though 600 plat whew. time to farm prime parts to sell then

Edited by Marabunta5

You could get more DPS by replacing Spoiled Strike with...

I personally replace it with Primed Reach (and I max Life Strike and only use it when health is low). The massive increase to swing range is far more valuable than the damage gain from SS, imo, especially since SS limits mobility from directional melee and reduces the rate at which you gain Zerker and combo counter stacks. I do not like slow weapons - I especially don't like SS on slow weapons.

To put a # to it; with 3 stacks of Zerker, and Fury, a build with SS would have an attack speed of 192.5% of base. If we dropped SS, we'd have an attack speed of 227.5% of base, or ~18.2% faster. Now given that SS only adds 45.5% damage per swing (35.7% if you use Steel Charge aura) this means the mod is only providing 23% DPS (14.8% if you use SC aura). Now, for that small gain, you're getting reduced directional melee, a slower combo counter increase, and a slower rate of zerker aquisition - and even less slide range, which isn't much of a consideration on the Scindo Prime, unfortunately. 

If you didn't care about or want Reach, adding a 60% element on top of your 3 90% elements would add ~16% raw damage, but that damage would be all of the best type (Corrosive in this case) and we wouldn't have the other negatives from a reduction in speed. Additionally, you'd get either increased status chance or reduced healing costs as a bonus.

Edit: There is one advantage to SS - the health:energy ratio restored from Life Strike is a bit better. However so is using a higher rank.

Darn gotta get my hands on Buzzkill i missed that event. though 600 plat whew. time to farm prime parts to sell then

Buzzkill is a very poor choice against armored opponents. It's really only worth it if your group is stacking 4x CP auras. Otherwise, 60% Corrosive would do more damage than the 96% Slash damage against armor.

Edited by Darzk

IMO Buzz Kill isn't worth shelling out so much Plat. The DPS gained from it over an elemental mod is minor at best.

edit: I find Scindo Prime to have a decent speed with Tempo Royale, SS and Fury. Tempo Royale seems to speed things up, especially with the block combo moving you forward. Then when Berserker kicks in it goes at a nice pace without going so fast as to give you tendonitis. But hey YMMV.

Didn't really find Primed Reach all that beneficial either with Tempo Royale. Have only found Primed Reach good on Staves, Polearms and Whips to increase AoE to ridiculous size, or on Dervish Swords and Pointed Wind Daggers to allow easier targeting for crawlers and fliers. Primed Reach might be a real good idea if going with Cleaving Whirlwind though.

Edited by OniGanon

Excuse me for the late reply. ,All i did was switch out Reach and Focus Energy for life strike rank 0 and Berserker max rank. 7 energy for channeling is a bit harsh but it allows me to heal up wich is amazing. Berserker with the base 20% procs alot. I do miss the range from reach but with the speed from berserker and fury... well holy snap! thanks for all the suggestions. Now i can only hope for primed mods such as primed pressure point :3

Berserker.

Edit: My build:

Rending Crane

Berserker               Fever Strike                Fury                             Buzz Kill

True Steel             Vicious Forst                Voltaic Strike                Pressure Point

no need for forma, have 2 free mod cap even.

This+Loki = Soloable Escalation

Voltaic Strike you can replace with prettymuch anything, for me it's just for the status change.

Quickening would be cool for extra attack speed, organ shatter too for better dmg, since you will be doing insane crit a lot with berserker.

I use Berseker on my Scindo Prime as well, but I don't know if that's with me, but it seems I little bit harder to trigger that than before, is it?