Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ship In Star Citizen Costs 250$ As A "concept" Purchases & More

TheErebus.

I'll wait till it's done.

EVen then, didn't one of the devs say it'd be likely around 100 GB?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4591962/#Comment_4591962

Yes, he did.

I know it's massive, and I do got the the space for it, but my internet speed would probably take up 3 days for it to fully download.

well considering that games nowadays are over the 50GB limit, and they have the worst textures, this game+60fps animations+5k textures+MMO= naturally huge game, I bet you it will be near 150 GB.

There are a few things folks should remember. Chris and Co. are bending that gorgeous but unwieldy CryEngine 3 game engine to do things it was never designed to do. They also rebuilt the netcode and few other systems.

Designing a world this big and detailed on that game engine is an ambitious task to say the least.

Edited by RawGritz

I'll wait till it's done.

EVen then, didn't one of the devs say it'd be likely around 100 GB?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4591962/#Comment_4591962

Yes, he did.

I know it's massive, and I do got the the space for it, but my internet speed would probably take up 3 days for it to fully download.

It's already 26gb right now, 26gb for a whole lot of nothing. And because their patching system is so atrocious, you pretty much need the entire install size extra free to actually apply a patch....so bad.

Well, your right. Though I have followed the project since late 2013 so I am quite well informed about it, infact the money I had saved for this last Prime Access went to that 250$ ship you mentioned in your OP instead, but I have never seen the amount of BS about a game like the one that go around in the periphials of Star Citizen, in response the fan base seems to get more hostile.

I'm just not gonna report on SC anymore. 

As shown in the thread, when people get too defensive about something, I'll stray away from saying things about it.

Also try following SMT since 1997. SMT is my blood.

well considering that games nowadays are over the 50GB limit, and they have the worst textures, this game+60fps animations+5k textures+MMO= naturally huge game, I bet you it will be near 150 GB.

Make it 5 days.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Buying ships is just to fund the project. If you have misgivings about that. Wait until the thing is out and just grind the ships and content you want. Devs have said, everything we are buying now to fund the project, can be earned in game by grinding and crafting things.

Edited by RawGritz

Buy ships is just to fund the project. If you have misgivings about that. Wait until the thing is out and just grind the ships and content you want. Devs have said, everything we are buying now to fund the project, can be earned in game by grinding and crafting things.

I think everyone is fully aware of this. 

I think everyone is fully aware of this. 

You'd be surprised.

It's already 26gb right now, 26gb for a whole lot of nothing. And because their patching system is so atrocious, you pretty much need the entire install size extra free to actually apply a patch....so bad.

Nope last update changed the patching system. No longer have to download each previous patch.

I'm just not gonna report on SC anymore. 

As shown in the thread, when people get too defensive about something, I'll stray away from saying things about it.

Also try following SMT since 1997. SMT is my blood.

I am not quite sure what SMT is, after a quick google, is it Shin Megami Tensei?

And please continue posting about SC, being bored with WF it atleast gives me a reason to come on the forums. 

You'd be surprised.

Indeed

Nope last update changed the patching system. No longer have to download each previous patch.

Did you even try to read what I said?

I didn't say you need to redownload the entire package (which was never the case anyway) everytime. I said you need equivalent of install size space free to actually apply a patch.

Now one thing that doesn't get talked about enough, in my opinion is just how intricate the flight controls, physics and ship IFCS can be.

If you ever wanted to pull off some crazy moves and maneuvers you've seen in Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Buck Rogers, Star Trek and anime flicks....this game is the one.

They have absolutely nailed the newtonian physics. In the video above, you can see me spin around to face attacker on my tail and fly backwards while I try to get a missile lock and take em out while flying in reverse. To stay moving along your flight path while facing a different direction...you have to turn off or decouple intelligent flight control system (IFCS). 

Even in this early state of the game...it's pretty amazing.

Then there is all the added immersion like Voice Attack, TrackIr and HOTAS.

Edited by RawGritz

I am not quite sure what SMT is, after a quick google, is it Shin Megami Tensei?

And please continue posting about SC, being bored with WF it atleast gives me a reason to come on the forums. 

Yes, Shin Megami Tensei. 

I do reports on tons of other games.

If you want a specific report on a game/news, you can always ask. As for SC, I'll do so, but with a very cautious approach.