Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Sound Becomes Much Quieter Upon Becoming Part Of A Squad.

Variablemania

Hello! Since patch 16.1.6 the overall sound of the game  entire computer becomes quieter whenever I'm in a squad. I've tested this by entering liset navigation & missions with multiple network modes(public, friends, invite only, solo) switched in multiple orders, and the only time this sound issue occurs is when I am part of a squad with a squad chat tab. Solo mode, which doesn't make me a squad & by extension doesn't give me a squad chat tab, causes no sound issues. Even when I don't enter navigation, merely hitting the invite button & bringing up the list of invitable players while in a network mode other than solo puts me in a squad and the sound becomes quieter.

Edited by Variablemania

I haven't tested it with other applications but I know for sure Itunes is affected.

I JUST tried streaming a grooveshark song through firefox while entering & exiting squad status in liset navigation and it does indeed affect sound from the entire computer and not just the Warframe application; It's system-wide!

Edited this new info into the op.

Edited by Variablemania

For those experiencing this "bug", do you have your computer's sound settings set to reduce volume when recieving voice communications?

I experienced the same issue myself up until I disabled this option.

Edited by Nitresco

Didn't come across this bug while using a usb headset; it still occurs using normal speakers.

For those experiencing this "bug", do you have your computer's sound settings set to reduce volume when recieving voice communications?

I experieced the same issue myself up until I disabled this option.

Windows is set to 'Do nothing' when it detects communications activity. The other options are reducing sound by 50% & 80%, and muting all other sounds.

The in game audio settings has voice disaled.