The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Why Did You Ban Me?!

Maddog152

My real ign is Maddog151. I got banned after Update 16.1.5 due to "suspicious activities"...of which they haven't disclosed to me yet. I decided to make this public to see if this happened to people before and how they solved it and also support from the warframe community.

Edited by Maddog152

Forum can't help you. Contact Support to solve this matter.

This isn't going to end well, OP.

Posts of this nature are discouraged and usually locked due to this being a situation between you and DE.

Talk to Support, PM a DE emp here on the forums.

Yes it happens. It's pretty normal since banning is automated.

Use support to appeal with bans.

I don't think they'll listen to me and how do I pm a DE?

I don't think they'll listen to me and how do I pm a DE?

Find one here on the forums and send them a message.

Generally, they tell you to talk to support last I heard but it's still an option.

But you should talk to Support.  It's why they're there.

My real ign is Maddog151. I got banned after Update 16.1.5 due to "suspicious activities"...of which they haven't disclosed to me yet. I decided to make this public to see if this happende to people before and how they solved it and also support from the warframe community.

I don't think they ever disclose what the suspicious activities are. And I'm not sure why they think it hurts to tell people exactly what they were banned for. I find it odd that they can't or won't let users know what their autoban system picked up. Right now, I can't play any Uplay game (yeah, Uplay, I know...) because the Windows 10 Technical Preview has a debugger of some kind running in the background, and Uplay picks it up. Now, if Warframe's autoban were to pick that up, I wouldn't even be told what the issue was. All they'd say is "suspicious activity". IMO, this is terrible support that seeks to avoid actually solving what could be erroneous bans. At the very least, DE could be open about what things the autoban actually picks up. Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that DE's autoban system is perfect and doesn't issue false bans.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I actually did go to support and they told me of that I was banned for "suspicious activity" and thanks for everyone replying to this.

Someone must have reported you... did you recently steal or cheat anybody with trades or plats? or did you accidentally try to hack wf plats? Lol

Lol nah I never tried to do that with Warframe

There's a possibility you had cheat engine or another script-altering program running, which, even if not used on Warframe will give an automatic ban.

I have it downloaded but not when I opened Warframe. I haven't used every since I got it lol.

I haven't gone over the EULA/TOC yet (and there is likely a clause that says they have the right to ban/suspend your account for whatever reason they can think up), but if you are 100% confident that you are innocent, you could approach them through a lawyer and, politely, ask them to provide evidence for their accusation.

The EULA and the TOC are a contract between you and DE; if you feel you have been wrongly accused and not only are they not providing evidence, but not giving you the option to even defend yourself, a lawyer could push for a breach of contract suit.

I'd speak to a few legal representatives about your options if you wish to pursue this. 

Edit: Also have a look into the law (either in your country, or the country from DE operates) regarding the right to access to information: in South Africa, for example, we have the following: "Section 32 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa states that everyone has the right of access to 'any information held by the state' and 'any information held by another person and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights'. "

By South African law, at least, DE would be in violation of my constitutional rights by not providing me with the information I need (the evidence of any wrongdoing) to protect my rights as a customer.

Edited by SR-02

I haven't gone over the EULA/TOC yet (and there is likely a clause that says they have the right to ban/suspend your account for whatever reason they can think up), but if you are 100% confident that you are innocent, you could approach them through a lawyer and, politely, ask them to provide evidence for their accusation.

The EULA and the TOC are a contract between you and DE; if you feel you have been wrongly accused and not only are they not providing evidence, but not giving you the option to even defend yourself, a lawyer could push for a breach of contract suit.

I'd speak to a few legal representatives about your options if you wish to pursue this. 

Edit: Also have a look into the law (either in your country, or the country from DE operates) regarding the right to access to information: in South Africa, for example, we have the following: "Section 32 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa states that everyone has the right of access to 'any information held by the state' and 'any information held by another person and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights'. "

By South African law, at least, DE would be in violation of my constitutional rights by not providing me with the information I need (the evidence of any wrongdoing) to protect my rights as a customer.

Thanks man I appreciate your help too bad I'm only 17 lol...I did send in another ticket asking what I did wrong waiting on a reply.

Edited by Maddog152

Well I guess after 400+ hours and $100+ spent on Warframe Digital Extremes decided to ban me for no particular reason and are probably never going to listen to me again. I really thought they were cool people but the way they treated this situation made me think otherwise. I really did love this game and like I said wouldn't try to find an exploit for this game nor did I hack this game, any platinum or credits I received was either through trades,missions, or I bought it. And besides I don't think any hacker would go these lengths to get their account back. Until Digital Extremes deicides to repeal their actions (which they probably won't) it deeply saddens to me to say goodbye to my most favorite MMO of all time.Peace.

Since every T&C says that, OP won't have a leg to stand on.  Also, he's not acting like an innocent person banned would.