Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma - Make Vex Armor Recastable

Vanadium

What the title says. It would be great if Vex Armor could be recast before the duration expires (and thus before you lose your Scorn and Fury bonuses).

Especially on high level play, losing Vex armor pretty much means you have to hide and whimper in a corner while you wait for your shield to recharge and if you can't find a safe corner, you just die.

All in all, Chroma's looking pretty awesome and he just needs a few tweaks, like giving the Effigy Sargus Ruk's fireball attack (or something like it).

There would probably need to be an upper cap to balance out being able to recast it.

Scorn and Fury both already have a cap. Unless you were talking about something else.

Especially on high level play, losing Vex armor pretty much means you have to hide and whimper in a corner while you wait for your shield to recharge and if you can't find a safe corner, you just die.

You can use Electricity Elemental Ward to boost your shield right before or right after recasting Vex Armor. The two abilities have the same duration. Or you can throw down a pad if you're not Electricity.

Scorn and Fury both already have a cap. Unless you were talking about something else.

You can use Electricity Elemental Ward to boost your shield right before or right after recasting Vex Armor. The two abilities have the same duration. Or you can throw down a pad if you're not Electricity.

Good thinking, I'll try that out next time I'm balls-deep in lvl 80s. Mostly, I run Ice for the nice armor boost from EW,

And though they have a cap, it's nice being able to keep your 600+% dmg/armor boost until you run out of energy or decide to go full facetank and die. GG, Leeroy!

I would love to be able to keep my bonuses by recasting.

its pretty hard to keep recasting it and have that moment of vulnerability, especially if there are heavies around gunning you down. +1

Then I want Warcry recastable too...Vex Armor is around a thousand times better than Warcry already armor buff wise and has a longer base duration too.

warcry should have always been recastable.

Edited by VYR3

Ive had this thought a few times when playing Chroma. Either make it recastable or make the timer longer. More time to use it would be nice... At LEAST the same amount as the valkyrs ult.

I haven't really had issues with it. I run a build with Transient Fortitude (-22.5%), 5/10 Narrow Minded (+55%) (too poor to get it to 10/10), and Continuity (+30%) (which I'll remove when I get Narrow Minded to 10/10), which gives me 41 seconds. It's long enough to keep the buffs up consistently, and short enough to get enough healing from my Heat Elemental Ward to keep me from dying.

That said, I still die now and then when I get caught out of position.

Chroma just happens to take skill to use because Vex Armor isn't recastable, and I don't really have a problem with that. I think people have just been spoiled by Rhino, Mesa, Zephyr, and Trinity having easier-to-use damage mitigation abilities.

Yea sorry, i meant they would need to lower the upper cap if they made it recastable.

I think that the fact you need to rebuild your buff level after it expires is very much part of the ability. That way it's not just completely fire and forget.

Also, the bonuses will scale off of your buffed stats. So you can use the heat HP bonus to get your max damage buff before you even get to your base HP value. Or you can use the electricity buff to kickstart your shields.