Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De! You Need (A) Test Group(S)!

Aodan

Also, it's very likely that a lot of the weapons and frames that are in the current roster for PvP might not have been in the same roster that the CTC players got to use. They might have had fewer frames and/or weapon choices than we currently have.

Namely, the Kogake.

Also, regarding the condemning... condemning anyone just ain't cool. Especially when it's done without any sort of actual knowledge of what conditions were, et cetera. That being said, if there's a hot-button topic, news of it usually gets passed around among us moderators pretty quick via chat.

Maybe "condemn" was the wrong word. I just found it odd because similarly ignorant things have been said by myself and others on different topics, the copterring war comes to mind quickly... But no comment on ignorance there >_>

Anyway, not sure why the frames and weapons would be different, but maybe they were.

Then you know Titanfall has the bots so new players can have at least some fun killing bots.

I don't want killstreaks. I want new players to be happy and continue playing this PVP. I'm semi-proficient at this PVP and I kill new players easily. But I know for every new player I pwned, he'd be very unhappy about this PVP and will probably quit. Therefore the player base will shrink. And sooner or later I'll have to play against those same "veterans" again and again, until the whole PVP system became a ghost town, like in Conclave 1.0.  

Youre going in circles and skimming......

And or ignoring half of what was said.  

I'm stepping out of this topic.......

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Youre going in circles and skimming......

And or ignoring half of what was said.  

I'm stepping out of this topic.......

Well apparently you didn't say anything of use. Otherwise I'd know what you said. And bye!

I'm not a volunteer. I'm a paying customer. You can waive that "beta" flag however you want. If I'm not happy with the game, I quit the game and DE won't get my money. In the end only DE gets hurt. 

Let me just tell you this: I'm not putting a single potato into my PVP weapons until I know what direction DE is taking this PVP. I'm not buying a single new slot for PVP weapons. Sure you may dismiss me as being just ONE insignificant customer. But other people may do the same. Just you watch. 

Warframe isn't really beta, nor is it full release. If it really were beta, DE would be so hesitant about nerfs and rebalances, and wouldn't make statements like "we want to respect the time and effort you put into your gear" (paraphrased from something [DE]Steve said in a livestream). In that respect, "it's beta" is something of a convenient excuse to shield DE from criticism. OTOH, fully released games don't get near-daily hotfixes, mini content releases every week or two, and significant content releases approximately every month. Full releases get polished and tested over months/years with little community input and get way scaled back post-release support.

Warframe has some sort of "ongoing development pseudo-subscription F2P-ish" model going on that requires some forbearance while the bugs are worked out. We are a kind of paying beta tester, but with the option to ignore or avoid the rougher content (raids, PvP) and enjoy the more polished bits (most of the PvE).

Also, it's very likely that a lot of the weapons and frames that are in the current roster for PvP might not have been in the same roster that the CTC players got to use. They might have had fewer frames and/or weapon choices than we currently have.

Namely, the Kogake.

Also, regarding the condemning... condemning anyone just ain't cool. Especially when it's done without any sort of actual knowledge of what conditions were, et cetera. That being said, if there's a hot-button topic, news of it usually gets passed around among us moderators pretty quick via chat.

1. I'm not condemning, more of bringing to light, the lack of pool and qualified testers.

2. I'm very familiar with testing criteria and I'm simply stating that DE is making mistakes that are present in past similar situations, that DE is falling short on learning from others mistakes.

3. I'm also brining up the clear lack of transparency in how DE is planning/focused on balancing current PvP.

As you stated, the prev testers probably didn't have access to all the weapons/frames currently implement, thus further proving my point that DE Devs need to stop adding more and focus on balancing the current implements.

DE needs to decide on the streamline of balance for PvP.

For example;

Do they want PvP to be a mix of melee/abilities/guns

Or

Do they want one or two of those facets to be a larger piece of ttk

What pace of TTK are they striving for?

None of this is aparrent and you can't say, "oh it's a surprise" because the biggest failure in all PvP games is a lack of transparency and mission on balance with the invested players/community.

DE as time goes on is constantly reaffirming a lack of transparency and mission with PvP.

They should of stayed with the three original frames/weapons, balance them perfectly, then move onto adequately implementing more options.

Instead, and this is the frustration, they took their approach to PvE and implemented a ton of untested/unbalanced frames/weapons and expect players to be remotely OK with it?

Honestly that points in one direction as my topic states: lack of adequate pool/testing

A small throw on me:

S5 Wow Glad, s3-6 average 1900+ to 2300+

2s and 3s

Wildstar Medic player with 2200+ titles in 2s/3s with not win trading

One of the top 5 medic players in cb,ob, and live for Global Agenda

Edited by Aodan

beta doesnt apply to this imo, to me its just a open access game developed with endless life cycles, hosted by the devs themselves, however i still think im testing every thing i play, which is curious

Edited by rockscl

beta doesnt apply to this imo, to me its just a open access game developed with endless life cycles, hosted by the devs themselves, however i still think im testing every thing i play, which is curious

This, WF is if anything a open beta, bit honestly it's more of an open development state.

Also @Letter13 and other mods

PvP currently showes no focus or streamline goal of balance as DE continues to randomly Nerf/fix stuff.

This is PvP, NOT PvE. A level of transparency and streamline is needed beyond what is required of PvE content to achieve balanced, fun, and competitive PvP.

If you find a bug, report it.

it's not about a bugs, for gods sake. it's about some basic things which were expected, simply because DE had no need in developing them. Because these basic things were already developed long time ago. All DE had to do is to add these things into the game.

but they didn't.

@ Aodan you can't talk about competitive pvp in the game which is using p2p connection type. In order have at least something that may pass for competitive pvp - DE should provide us with servers for pvp. And this is not going to happen. And honestly it's just silly to expect that from this game.

But what i was expecting is fun pvp mode to play, because pve is very... disappointing. Given that Warframe is very dynamic game overall, sometimes you may see very funny moments in pvp. Problem is - as it now pvp is the worse game mode in Warframe, there are many factors why it is so, and i really don't wanna wait pvp 3.0 in weak hope for fixes.

So, decent game mode is what i expect from pvp in warframe, not a competitive game mode - because Warframe is not a competitive game, be it pvp or pve.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

to all of you saying that some things may be impossible to catch during small scale testing:

you're telling me it was impossible to tell that, for example, the post-release TTK was too slow compared to allowed movement velocities? That NO ONE during the testing tried to copter - a basic, widely used PVE mechanic - and if someone did, SOMEONE ELSE did not try to kill him or, if he did, he couldnt tell that it's pretty @(*()$ hard?

sorry, but you're full of S#&$

either way, shrug about testers, because SOME bullS#&$ will always make it through... but the amount of it that did go through this 'closed testing' thingy is silly. It would be excusable if it was some obscure BS, but it's basic stuff that other CTF titles have figured out... more than a decade ago, or straight up imbalances carried over from pve

Edited by onemoonlight