The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come On De, I Know You Wanted To Slow Down The Void Trader But It's Getting Ridiculous.

XxCurtennoxX

Seriously, two weeks and there's a noggle!??

It's been absolutely ages since a new primed mod. Primed mods give players that can keep up something to work on and add to their builds.

I understand redeploying old stuff so people can catch up, but the Void Trader is beyond a joke now. We wait 2 weeks for a single new item? I was really really hoping for a new primed mod. We haven't had a new one in...what, 6-8 weeks, maybe more?

It's at the point now where i'm not even excited to see what he has anymore. He's a real let-down now :/

So what you are saying "keep releasing Mods to increase player power every two weeks".

Charming.

Where does it stop? Once ALL Mods are Primed? Considering we only have about 20 Mods we really use on most guns, that won't take long. What then? Ultra-Primed Mods?

If you can't play the game with what you have, more powerful mods is not the answer, "get better at the game" is the answer.

Primed Mods should have been something to aim for as a collector point of view and something to very slowly max out, mostly as a long term goal, and MUCH LESS as a power creep mechanic.

Edited by DSpite

Where does it stop? Once ALL Mods are Primed? Considering we only have about 20 Mods we really use on most guns, that won't take long. WHat then Ultra-Primed Mods?

When those 20 mods are released. I'll make a partial list:

Primed Streamline, Primed Intensify, Primed stretch, primed infected clip, primed speed trigger, primed Cyro rounds, primed hellfire, primed stombringer, primed point strike, primed vital strike, and analogs for secondary/melee/shotgun.

That would give them roughly 30 rotations AKA 15 months (or over a year's worth of content if they released one per rotation) that would please people.

Edited by 3thereal

You have all been spoiled rotten by the fact that DE can churn out new content on a regular basis, and now that they have slowed down you feel offended while they're still leagues ahead of other games in the volume of new content being pushed out. Don't try to argue that this is not the case.

Primed mods that take 5 minutes for them to create? It consists of a new picture/description of an existing mod and another placeholder in their database and altering the number of ranks/multipliers of an existing mod.

It wasn't like the primed mods were exactly ORIGINAL/new content, just a rehash of their existing mods that are stronger.

Edited by 3thereal

Primed Mods should have been something to aim for as a collector point of view and something to very slowly max out, mostly as a long term goal, and MUCH LESS as a power creep mechanic.

DE nerfed fusion cores into oblivion. 

Also people keep harping on power creep being bad; What kills F2P games with a vengeance is content stagnation. Lack of feeling progress makes people quit in far greater droves than anything else. 

This is an RPG genre, if it stops growing (progression, power creeping) it's likely about to have its servers shut down.

I don't need or want a new Prime mod to rank.

You have all been spoiled rotten by the fact that DE can churn out new content on a regular basis, and now that they have slowed down you feel offended while they're still leagues ahead of other games in the volume of new content being pushed out. Don't try to argue that this is not the case.

Whilst you do make a valid point, is a Noggle really something exciting enough to warrant a 2 week wait time? Is that really classed as "content"?

So what you are saying "keep releasing Mods to increase player power every two weeks".

Charming.

Where does it stop? Once ALL Mods are Primed? Considering we only have about 20 Mods we really use on most guns, that won't take long. What then? Ultra-Primed Mods?

If you can't play the game with what you have, more powerful mods is not the answer, "get better at the game" is the answer.

As I said, 2 weeks is a rather lengthy time for something like a single Noggle. The mods that get released a R10 LEGENDARY MODS.

Legendary. You'd expect them to be powerful when ranked up. It's no cheap thing to do either.

The void trader is supposed to be exciting and interesting, but instead we're getting items that we get either no use out of or very little use. I do appreciate things like Syandana's being released in the rotation, but a Noggle or Kubrow skin feels very underwhelming.

Primed mods that take 5 minutes for them to create? It consists of a new picture/description of an existing mod and another placeholder in their database and altering the number of ranks/multipliers of an existing mod.

It wasn't like the primed mods were exactly ORIGINAL/new content, just a rehash of their existing mods that are stronger.

This was directed at the people complaining about the lack of new weapons and non-skin cosmetics.

I am well aware that Prime mods are easy to make, but I would rather them not release any new ones for a long while.

Whilst you do make a valid point, is a Noggle really something exciting enough to warrant a 2 week wait time? Is that really classed as "content"?

Yes. It is content. Maybe not exciting content to you, maybe not exciting content to anyone. But it's content.

If you have issues with how fast DE is rolling out new things, go play another game and you can complain about them having less new content being rolled out than Warframe behind taller and thicker grind walls.

Why doesn't he have 2-3 new items AND 2-3 old items on each visit? That way everyone can be happy.

Because releasing more than one or two new items each visit is going to make me unhappy.

Edited by Inarticulate

so basically, everyone play just to see what baro has, that's the gist of every complaint here,

um spoilers

you don't have to have any of his stuff, no one forces you,

you don't like it don't buy it.

just  like you don't have to have every frame or weapon so these kinda complaints are just bunch of whining children at this point.

they said new item every rotation,

that has remained true,

don't like it, don't get it

and all of these people crying for a new primed mod,

every time one came out

nothing but more *@##$ing and whining about how it isn't the prime mod YOU want,

my my,

aren't we the center of the universe,

get over yourself

and move on,

maybe idk

play game to enjoy the game.

makes it alot more fun

now i don't have to over stress and moan over everything i don't like in the game, as i play for fun

so if i don't like it,

meh who cares, move on.

Because releasing more than one or two new items each visit is going to make me unhappy.

Ooooh, hang on DE. This guy will be unhappy. Better not listen to the wider community because you gotta please this guy.

Thats literally what you made it sound like there.

Ooooh, hang on DE. This guy will be unhappy. Better not listen to the wider community because you gotta please this guy.

Thats literally what you made it sound like there.

Okay. Duly noted.

I just noticed he's selling Prisma Gorgons again this time around. I'm happy about that. Time to pick up another one or two.

I think the point is to space it out over long-term, like how the syndicates are.

They've already pointed out that people are getting burned out running void missions non-stop so that way they don't feel like they'll be short when Baro shows up.

That's not what they want. That's not what anyone wants. :p

Instead you do other things. Collect Ducats when you can. Leisurely. No pressure.

I'm sure if they put up every single new item for every visit, they would run out of content for him to give out within 3-4 months. Which then forces their attention and resources to create more items for us. We all know you can't just "create more primed mods" cause you have to consider what can be practically primed and how it will balance. Then when they create all the new content and it's in our hands in a few months, then what? They'll still have to create more in a shorter time span. 

They simply just have a lot of important items that are taking precedence, like hotfixes and bugs and bringing new content, balance changes and warframes/weapons. 

It's a lot easier to give one "showcase" item that is new and bring up older items for the other slots that way you're not panicing when he comes around thinking you won't see those items for another several thousand years. 

Edited by Lightwire