The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, This Is A Bit Overwhelming.

d1ru

Question

haven't played since u8 and decided to maybe finally port over to ps4... haven't yet. juetbplayed a few minutes on a new character, and looked through the forums.

geez guys. so much stuff to readjust to, not to mention weapons.

Edited by d1ru

16 answers to this question

I switched to PS4 because it has better graphics, better controls and a consistent frame rate.

Better controls? It's an obvious and established fact that a mouse is vastly superior for aiming, and warframe is a shooter.

Better controls? It's an obvious and established fact that a mouse is vastly superior for aiming, and warframe is a shooter.

Wrong on every count. Shooters belong on consoles. Keyboard and mouse is for strategy gaming.

Plus, I can actually confirm for myself that I am more accurate on ALL shooters with a controller, even when I have to ad-hoc rig it to work on PC.

Edited by (PS4)TonberryFeye

Wrong on every count. Shooters belong on consoles. Keyboard and mouse is for strategy gaming.

Plus, I can actually confirm for myself that I am more accurate on ALL shooters with a controller, even when I have to ad-hoc rig it to work on PC.

You're joking right? The mouse is vastly more accurate than any gamepad. The only game I might ever recommend a gamepad for is third-person adventure games or twinstick shooters.

Are you more accurate because you rarely use the mouse or is your mouse just bad?

on your original claim 

I switched to PS4 because it has better graphics, better controls and a consistent frame rate.

The underlined only apply if you have a terrible pc, the bolded is false and even if you DO like the gamepad more you can always just use a gamepad on PC.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Yeah, didn't aim to do that...

But I found myself in a similar situation. Started way back, somewhere around update 8 or 9 (Loki was a starting frame, I remember that much), then wandered away in part because I just found the game too much effort to play on PC. When I picked it up on PS4 I found it a joy to play by comparison and haven't really touched the PC version since.

noooooo, my pc is pretty good actually, but i have kids and if i wanna play, sometimes i have to be mobile. i can Cart around a ps4 more than a 40lb steel tower. but if the migrations are closed then Holy crap thats news to me and i guess its a moot point lol

isn't that because shooters on consoles have aim assist?

A lot of games have some form of aim assist. Even PC ones. Funnily enough, I played an open beta game where the forum exploded into pure rage when the devs turned the aim assist really low because suddenly half the player base couldn't hit anything when the game was hosted on a Russian server.

I've noticed aim assist on consoles less and less as time goes on. Most of the problems now appear to come down to hit detection and lag compensation, but those are problems on PC games as well.

And the aim assist isn't built into the controller, so it wouldn't explain why I'm better using a controller on a PC shooter than a keyboard and mouse on a PC shooter.

The game still boils up to the same thing, but with a new twist on systems (like damage, which was revised) and new missions and environments. 

You can experiment it by yourself, but still visiting the wiki for information about what is new is still a better management of time.

A lot of games have some form of aim assist. Even PC ones. Funnily enough, I played an open beta game where the forum exploded into pure rage when the devs turned the aim assist really low because suddenly half the player base couldn't hit anything when the game was hosted on a Russian server.

I've noticed aim assist on consoles less and less as time goes on. Most of the problems now appear to come down to hit detection and lag compensation, but those are problems on PC games as well.

And the aim assist isn't built into the controller, so it wouldn't explain why I'm better using a controller on a PC shooter than a keyboard and mouse on a PC shooter.

isn't that because shooters on consoles have aim assist?

Yeah, didn't aim to do that...

But I found myself in a similar situation. Started way back, somewhere around update 8 or 9 (Loki was a starting frame, I remember that much), then wandered away in part because I just found the game too much effort to play on PC. When I picked it up on PS4 I found it a joy to play by comparison and haven't really touched the PC version since.

You're joking right? The mouse is vastly more accurate than any gamepad. The only game I might ever recommend a gamepad for is third-person adventure games or twinstick shooters.

Are you more accurate because you rarely use the mouse or is your mouse just bad?

on your original claim 

The underlined only apply if you have a terrible pc, the bolded is false and even if you DO like the gamepad more you can always just use a gamepad on PC.

YAY A FLAMEWAR!

YAY A FLAMEWAR!

Nobody is flaming anyone. Its a simple disagreement.

Being incredibly out of practice perfectly explains this. Opinions and bias aside the mouse is more accurate due to the lack of acceleration (outside of the rare game that forces mouse acceleration onto the players).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito