Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons And Their Skins.

The_Messenger

Fist I would like to apologize if this isn't in the correct category.

Now i was reading this thread about giving stat upgrades to the normal weapon variants instead of creating a new weapon altogether. Link to thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/434571-prime-as-an-upgrade-rather-than-a-replacement/

While i liked this idea, I was wondering if this comes out, why not do the same with skins. Instead of releasing a whole new weapon, why not release the stat upgrades to the weapon and release the prime skin like any other skin. So instead of losing all the skins we have for our original weapons, we can choose to have those skins or the prime variant without the stat lose. Just a thought and looking for some feedback. Thanks Tenno!

Edited by The_Messenger

Fist I would like to apologize if this isn't in the correct category.

Now i was reading this thread about giving stat upgrades to the normal weapon variants instead of creating a new weapon altogether.

So like the manticore axe skin and brokk (I think) hammer skin that used to give stat bonuses like arcane helmets?

this sounds like it would remove the need for as many weapon slots if people are trying to keep a prime and non prime variant (i have a soma and soma prime because i also have the day of the dead skin) and to me your idea sounds nice but i could see DE being worried because slots are a big part of their income

So like the manticore axe skin and brokk (I think) hammer skin that used to give stat bonuses like arcane helmets?

Yes, but this wouldn't give stat increases, it would apply the stats to the weapon overall and allow you to put the skins over the weapon, and these weapons are hard to compare as the skins themselves gave stats, but in this case it would be upgrading your weapon to prime status with the ability to use the original weapon meshes and their skin variants or use the prime skin with weapon stats not being affected.

this sounds like it would remove the need for as many weapon slots if people are trying to keep a prime and non prime variant (i have a soma and soma prime because i also have the day of the dead skin) and to me your idea sounds nice but i could see DE being worried because slots are a big part of their income

The only solution I could think of for this would be prime skins take a weapon slot instead of a skin slot in the inventory but I could see this already bringing up complications so if anybody has any ideas that may fix this problem i'd be glad to hear them.