Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us... A Corpus Crewman With Jump-Jets To Fight.

Vaskadar

What the Corpus lack in health and tankiness, they should make up for it in agility and numbers. I propose that there be a brick-head with jump-jets strapped to his back, who would maneuver a lot more quickly around the level. Granted, this would require some new AI scripts to operate the jump jets and all, but a more agile opponent would be far more interesting than some silly lego-brick stormtrooper with bad aim.

Those Blaster patterns... Too accurate for Stormtroopers.

It's the Grineer!

Honestly, this could be quite a fun opponent to encounter, the only problem would be how such an enemy would behave in small corridors.

How about this: The crewman is equipped with a 'jetpack' but only activates it if there is room in the area to use them. So if one of them spawn in a small corridor, this will not be a problem as they will be walking. Perhaps give them a slightly altered main weapon to make them different in these situations?

I might be dooming myself to stagger-hell by suggesting it, but imagine a flying crewman equipped with a rail-gun.

The amusement possibilities with this idea are endless, especially with the physics in Warframe.

Shoot a flying crewman with the Hek when he strays too close, now watch him truly zoom across the room from the reaction to being hit.

Or shoot his weak-spot, the jetpack and watch him crash.

Those Blaster patterns... Too accurate for Stormtroopers.

It's the Grineer!

Honestly, this could be quite a fun opponent to encounter, the only problem would be how such an enemy would behave in small corridors.

How about this: The crewman is equipped with a 'jetpack' but only activates it if there is room in the area to use them. So if one of them spawn in a small corridor, this will not be a problem as they will be walking. Perhaps give them a slightly altered main weapon to make them different in these situations?

I might be dooming myself to stagger-hell by suggesting it, but imagine a flying crewman equipped with a rail-gun.

Give him a charged-shot pistol or something. Pew pews only for lego brick stormtroopers.

This is a good idea, Vaskadar.

Also, maybe there could be a stealth kill from behind where you rig the jetpack to explode if they're on the ground. Or a weekend event where we have to raid/sabotage jetpack manufacturing plants; if we succeed, then for the following week or so, the jetpack Corpus are more vulnerable/easier to kill/crash to the ground randomly. Many possibilities.

Edited by Bachanolia

if there is a corpus with a jump jet it should be Sgt. Anyo since he is the only Crewman boss. the jump jet would make him more unique than a recolored uniform and considering he can go invisible it'd make the fight abit more interesting than holding down the left click with my boar aimed at his face.

so +1 to the jumpjet corpus!

This is a good idea, Vaskadar.

Also, maybe there could be a stealth kill from behind where you rig the jetpack to explode if they're on the ground. Or a weekend event where we have to raid/sabotage jetpack manufacturing plants; if we succeed, then for the following week or so, the jetpack Corpus are more vulnerable/easier to kill/crash to the ground randomly. Many possibilities.

Very much yes, also, I think the jet crewman should have twin pistols, and the ability to throw plasma grenades whilst in flight.

Yeah, that Clone Wars video gave me some pretty good ideas.

Perhaps he could be a type of miniboss? Or maybe a group (2-3) Jet Crewman?

If anything, the idea is wonderful due to the fact Corpus lack a bit in variation from time to time. They could either use something truly mobile, as this whole idea suggests, or something truly tanky. Like a Corpus crewman piloting a personal exoskeleton. Which would allow you to shoot his head in the cockpit, or essential weak spots in the superstructure. The corpus have lots of possibilities for expansion do to their technological and robotic dependance.

Imagine how a flying corpus crewman would navigate the Corpus defense map with the long bridges and walkways.

If anything, the idea is wonderful due to the fact Corpus lack a bit in variation from time to time. They could either use something truly mobile, as this whole idea suggests, or something truly tanky. Like a Corpus crewman piloting a personal exoskeleton. Which would allow you to shoot his head in the cockpit, or essential weak spots in the superstructure. The corpus have lots of possibilities for expansion do to their technological and robotic dependance.

Imagine how a flying corpus crewman would navigate the Corpus defense map with the long bridges and walkways.

Their suits and exoskeletons could have a high-tech appearance, kind of like the Fusion MOAs, to suggest Orokin experimentation.

Very much yes, also, I think the jet crewman should have twin pistols, and the ability to throw plasma grenades whilst in flight.

Yeah, that Clone Wars video gave me some pretty good ideas.

Perhaps he could be a type of miniboss? Or maybe a group (2-3) Jet Crewman?

I'd think a group of 2-3 jet crewmen spawning regularly would mix things up. Right now the Corpus are fairly boring to fight compared to Grineer.

It reminded me of Killzone 3's jetpack enemies. Shooting the jetpack will cause it to malfunction and send the user flying around helplessly before exploding to bloody bits. It NEVER fails to bore me.

Those jetpacks always did make for some entertaining enemy deaths. Giving one enemy type jump-jets would hopefully create far more dangerous situations. Their navmesh possibilities would give them something that no enemy has: the ability to jump between large gaps in floors/height variations. That alone means that they can use it to gain a height advantage that the player will have to adjust to.

Also: having a robotic enemy that can walk on walls would be very interesting. A Gecko robot.

Difficult enemies that are rewarding to kill, good. Countless enemies that aren't so rewarding to kill, lame.

Enemy variation will increase in this game over time, but right now, the two factions aside from the Grineer are rather lacking in terms of enemy variety.