The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Lux, Damage/opportunist, Hard Light Frame. 07/26/2015, Revised Abilities, Finalized Default Helmet.

Senketsu_

​This is Lux, the Illuminating, the Impeding. A Tenno always eager to meet his adversaries head on. Gifted with the control over the pure power of Hard Light. He uses its its bright, raw, energy to support himself and his allies by devastating his enemies.

If you enjoy/like this Concept, Please feel free to leave an Upvote and take a look at my other Concepts in the 'Extras' section.

EKPd1yh.jpg

Concept art: helm rough sketches.

Up2EaAe.jpg

n9mVgPQ.jpg
Name:
Lux. - Reason for name.

Lux is the Latin word for light. He is named as such do to his void gifted ability to manifest and manipulate Hard Light.

Inspirations

sG3G2mB.jpg

RbIGW9W.png

Nar0CXx.jpg

jJsr8D5.png

Theme:
TBA.

Lux's Role:
Lux is a All rounder frame, with pure damage dealing abilities, as well as CC/AOE abilities and Self buffing abilities. He is good for solo players as well a perfect DPS and battlefield control frame.

Base Stats( at Unranked):

Shields: 165
Health: 95
Armor: 175
Power: 125
Stamina: 130
Speed: 1.0

Lore: Pending

HeldKod.jpg

Powers:
Lux's powers consist of spawning hardlight to use for both self buffs, CC, and Damage.
these are quick mock ups Im still working on his abilities.

blitzkrieg:
Lux creates a wall of light that he then kicks, sending it flying straight forward. The wall collides with enemies and deals impact damage and ragdolls them along with the wall. when the wall runs into a solid object it will explode causing shards of hard light to deal Puncture and Slash damage with a chance of procing to all enemies cought by the wall and to all enemies around the wall's explosion. This ability is meant to be his #1 and is effected by range mods to make the wall bigger and make the explosion radio wider, and strength mods to deal the damage.

Flux Abwehr:

Lux's arms ejects a 180 degree facing shield that that protect 180 degrees to his front and absorbs all damage coming from that direction. As well a trail of hard light will follow him(like a tron light cycle) enemies who run into it will take heat and slash damage with a chance of procing. The damage absorbed by the shield will be added to the trails overall damage. This trail can be used to act as a shield against incoming fire and can be used to block choke points. While the trail is visible it is a soild object that can be used to create artificial pathways to parkour on. Depending on Lux's ability range will determine how far the trail will follow behind him before disappearing. This is meant to be his #2. This ability is effected by Duration mods, the length of time the shield stays up and also the amount of time the trail stays x2 the shields duration. Range mods, the length of the trail.

Howitzer Mine:
Lux infuses primary and secondary weapons with hard light, increasing the damage dealt based on the lvl of enemies within the power range. If he shoots a solid surface, the projectile will leave a hard light trap, that will be triggered whenever Lux reloads his weapon. When the trap is activated, they will erupt shooting beams of razor sharp hard light, impaling enemies close to them, and dealing heat and slash procs to any enemy that walks through them. If the infused rounds are shot into Lux's blitzkrieg or flux shield trail, the trap will trigger upon impact and deal more damage to enemies that get cough in it. This is meant to be his #3. This ability is affected by, strength and duration mods.  

Panzer: 

Lux  covers himself from head to toe in an armor of pure Hard Light. Damage will be absorbed 360 degrees around Lux, the armor will crack and break in places that are subject to to much damage. Standing near a source of light will regenerate crack and lost armor sections. Light Sources within the ability range will act as lenses, shooting hardlight beams at any enemies within range. All enemies killed by Lux or the beams add a percentage of damage dealt to a pool. While this ability is active it will drain energy. When the ability button and pressed again while it is still active, the hard light armor flies off dealing damage to any enemy hit by them. The armor section then form a stationary fortress, giving increased armor to any ally within the fortress. While within, Lux's abilities deal more damage but only while he is inside. The fortresses resilience is based off of the amount of damage within the damage pool. When a section of a wall takes to much damage, it will crack and fall away. casting Blitzkrieg at the broken section will repair it for a time. Shooting Howitzer mines at the walls will cause them to explode instantly. Having Flux Abwehr active while within will restore Lux's full body Hard Light armor. Allies can freely move in and out of the fortress, but enemies can only pass through cracks in the hard light. This Ability is meant to be his #4. It is effected by, range, duration, efficiency, and strength mods.

K7poFwT.jpg

Extras:

Warframe Concept: Silk.https://forums.warfr...-in-extras-wip/
Senketsu_'s Quest Concept Center. https://forums.warfr...nding-revision/
Urban city Tileset suggestion. https://forums.warfr...scape-tilesets/
Tenno weapon: Kanigata.https://forums.warfr...t/#entry3300802
Orokin weapon: Gladycus & Stanam.https://forums.warfr...y-rough-sketch/
Tenno weapon: Lenstus. Coming soon
Tenno weapon: Tassen. https://forums.warfr...ater/?p=4373656
Tenno weapon: Dual Xai's. https://forums.warfr...k-coming-later/

If you like this concept please leave an upvote, that will help keep me encouraged to keep building on this concept. If you have feedback, critiques, concerns, or question PLEASE leave a comment. Lets start a conversation. If you dont like my concept feel free to let me know, and tell me what you dont like about it. Although if you are disrespectful to me or someone who is commenting on this thread I'll have to contact a Mod if it gets to far.

Edited by Senketsu_

alittle upset you didn't go alittle greek with Hemera(godess of day).. because we have nyx(godess of night)

its a dude though. But I was thinking of modeling him a little after Excals and Nyx's look, I was also thinking of going Roman Centurion, with his sub theme. Or Knight.

neat concept all around man! im feelin the dubstep vibe from both the music and the frame and i think the perfect thing for his 4 to go with that would be very vibrant and almost seizure inducing :D!!! (of course we cant actually make it be a strobe effect cuz epilepsy).

so:

4- Pulsing Spectrum: Lux manipulates all the light in the area with his/her attacks (being gun or blade). every attack will proc the surrounding light to burst dealing X amount of damage (where X is 2x the attacks power or something idk) as well as staggering all enemies in the radius. it will deal damage to all enemies in the radius and make the light jump and beat.

aesthetics: imagine banshees sonar but pulsating to your fire rate and dealing damage every pulse! 

just spit balling :)

also, i saw the name of the song called wolfsbane and i too know of a song called wolfsbane:

neat concept all around man! im feelin the dubstep vibe from both the music and the frame and i think the perfect thing for his 4 to go with that would be very vibrant and almost seizure inducing :D!!! (of course we cant actually make it be a strobe effect cuz epilepsy).

so:

4- Pulsing Spectrum: Lux manipulates all the light in the area with his/her attacks (being gun or blade). every attack will proc the surrounding light to burst dealing X amount of damage (where X is 2x the attacks power or something idk) as well as staggering all enemies in the radius. it will deal damage to all enemies in the radius and make the light jump and beat.

aesthetics: imagine banshees sonar but pulsating to your fire rate and dealing damage every pulse! 

just spit balling :)

also, i saw the name of the song called wolfsbane and i too know of a song called wolfsbane:

thats actually a pretty cool idea for his fourth, I would change it from causing them to explode, to causing them to shoot beams of hard light at enemies near where your shooting. because causing them to explode I think people would equate that to Volts Alt.

Im also thinking up his Alt, mine has somthing to do with creating a circular hard light " castle wall" that gives lux a huge buff and spawns hard light plates over parts of his body but if he leaves it he will be weaker then normal. Also any enemy that enters it will be trapped insite and will be put into a state of panic, as well as being attacked by light bolts. Thats just a quick explanation. I will call it Rave

Edited by Senketsu_

• 2 months later...

So I've been very busy with school and thinking/roughing up my Silks final looks But I haven't for goten about this guy. I'm close to finishing up his Alt. And will be revisiting his #3. Saddly I still haven't finalized his look yet. I am planning on making him neon or having him glow neon when he has an active power. I haven't forgotten about him though. School is just a main priority though.

• 1 month later...

Huehue, I actually started a bit of Lux's artwork (just the helmet rough sketches) Im also going to be redefining his abilities and hopefully figure out what his 4th will be :)

BTW im thinking of changing the name to Nion? thoughts?

SLPRkuA.jpg

Edited by Senketsu_

Pretty good update, 

1). Finalized the look of his default helm, pretty much mixed aspects from the original three. Im probably going to make those original three alt helms. Once I finish the sketch Ill scan him to my comp and polish him up there.

4ARy1fK.jpg

Im also hopeing to be able to at least get the sketch of Silk Prime and sketch and scan her third alt helm as well. 

2). Updated his abilities a bit, changed a few things up.

3). finally made his forth, I made in such a way that it isnt a situational alt, I made it have as much synergy with his other powers as possible. 

Please let me know what you think  \(^_____^ )/

and check out the "inspirations" section to see what helped inspire this concept.

and please forgive my horrid ability to draw fonts XD

Edited by Senketsu_

So im thinking about a name change for him. Right now Ive seen a few other frame concepts named Lux, and I want my concept to stand out among them, so I have compiled a list of possible name changes and their respective languages.

Name list:

Licht, light in German.

Lumen/Lumenous, another word for light in Latin

Pernix, light,nimble in Latin

Acer, hard in Latin

Asper, another hard in Latin

Nion/Nyon/Neon, made up

Stramm, hard in German

Akari, light in Japanese

Keno, hard in Japanese

Fax, fire or light in Latin