Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

M E L E E

CLoneArmY

ever since ancient times of action game, like star wars - jedi power battle (the oldest i can remember that i played)

or some newer games like dynasti warrior (all version), batman arkham city, warhammer 40k space marine, VINDICTUS...

well then... what more is there to say, our current warframe is easy enough for completing any mission using GUN only, as for melee i see so far is most of the player use melee spamming charge attack only using scindo or double heat sword for crowd (infestation mostly) control when they come in a horde

so i'm sure adding melee combo attack like dynasti warrior or vindictus or any other game that i mentioned before (i'm sure there's a lot more other than that) will complete the space ninjas skill (we (tenno) already able to block some shots even if it isnt as jedi-like style that return the shot to its shooter) as the master of BLADE(yet) and gun...

exp.

if melee in standart in "E", and most of current melee got 4 basic attack then the combo can be as simple as

E, hold E

E, E , hold E

E, E, E, hold E

and

E, E, E, E, hold E

last but least, GLAIVE should have better ranged mode, like homing to 2 other target (if its hit a target at first flight then +2 other target so it'll hit 3 target) before it's bouncing randomly a few times... 3 times should be enough, with possibilities to hit a random target just like in the current glaive behavior before it return

current glaive is much easier to grind (and used efficiently) by using it as a conventional melee, just like a cronus with stagger immune

ever since ancient times of action game, like star wars - jedi power battle (the oldest i can remember that i played)

or some newer games like dynasti warrior (all version), batman arkham city, warhammer 40k space marine, VINDICTUS...

well then... what more is there to say, our current warframe is easy enough for completing any mission using GUN only, as for melee i see so far is most of the player use melee spamming charge attack only using scindo or double heat sword for crowd (infestation mostly) control when they come in a horde

so i'm sure adding melee combo attack like dynasti warrior or vindictus or any other game that i mentioned before (i'm sure there's a lot more other than that) will complete the space ninjas skill (we (tenno) already able to block some shots even if it isnt as jedi-like style that return the shot to its shooter) as the master of BLADE(yet) and gun...

exp.

if melee in standart in "E", and most of current melee got 4 basic attack then the combo can be as simple as

E, hold E

E, E , hold E

E, E, E, hold E

and

E, E, E, E, hold E

last but least, GLAIVE should have better ranged mode, like homing to 2 other target (if its hit a target at first flight then +2 other target so it'll hit 3 target) before it's bouncing randomly a few times... 3 times should be enough, with possibilities to hit a random target just like in the current glaive behavior before it return

current glaive is much easier to grind (and used efficiently) by using it as a conventional melee, just like a cronus with stagger immune

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34554-weapons-system-suggestion-with-melee-improvements/

The main focus of Warframe is ranged combat.

I believe melee was not even planned for the game originally, it was added in after they saw some concept art of a Tenno with a sword and loved it.

That said, Warframe could use some melee improvement, I just don't think "That other game's" combo system is a good way to improve it.

The main focus of Warframe is ranged combat.

I believe melee was not even planned for the game originally, it was added in after they saw some concept art of a Tenno with a sword and loved it.

That said, Warframe could use some melee improvement, I just don't think "That other game's" combo system is a good way to improve it.

Tenno, warriors of blades, guns and masters of the Warframe armor <== did u even watch your warframe intro ?

From the 5th livestream, there was a brief mentioning of 'directional' melee between Geoff and Steve. However, DE devs have been expressing their ideas on this matter for quite a while now. They don't think adding DMC or Dynasty warrior type of combo is a good choice for Warframe.

Don't keep your hope up.

I honestly feel -TOO- strong using melee as a mag.
I can pretty much just slide, jump mid-slide, melee attack in a spin, doing huge damage (or ground attack for knockdowns) then finish off anything else by pulling and executing.
This is with everything from Skana to daggers to Bo to Furax.

I'm not sure how much of that is intentional.

Edited by LapuLapo

Pretty sure in the vid they were reasonably against combos as they said they found most players would end up getting a bit frustrated or something along those lines.

I like it the way it is currently. Simple and easy to use. Maybe if you kept tapping e more and more you'd do more attacks but I'd rather not have a 'x2 e + hold' system and moves.

I honestly feel -TOO- strong using melee as a mag.

I can pretty much just slide, jump mid-slide, melee attack in a spin, doing huge damage (or ground attack for knockdowns) then finish off anything else by pulling and executing.

This is with everything from Skana to daggers to Bo to Furax.

I'm not sure how much of that is intentional.

thats why we need some combo on this, coz current system is too easy just by spamming charge attack on melee, so we(tenno) should have combo to complitate things a little but comes with bonus too, like more dmg on final combo, or better dps, well just like combo at vindictus (go google it so u'll know what i mean)