Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would People Like To See As The Next Primary?

EchoLG

I mean, DE has already intruced 90% of 'modern' weaponry type guns, like ARs, Shotties and sniper rifles, what would people like to see in tha game? We obviously need a weapon with some sort of interesting mechanic to it, like how the Paris is a bow.

Since I went through some nostalgia lately, I would love to see some sort of Shock Rifle variant from UT to be honest, or a Link Gun, anyone else?

Honestly I want an automatic combat rifle. So many flavors of high-firerate, bottomless mags assault rifles, but no medium fire-rate combat rifles.

A medium-firerate medium power rifle with twenty-clip mags would be awesome.

Also: inb4 CORPUS LAZOR WEAPONS PL0X

EDIT: ninja'd, thanks lilme

Edited by Shion963

1. Explosive weapons (which are unlikely to happen cause the Devs said skills should be taking the aoe aspect of the game)

2. More classic/medieval/simplistic but deadly weapons, such as shurikens and katanas

3. Utility "weapons" i.e. nets, smoke screens, etc

On a separate note: It would be nice to fix up the weapons we already have, cause some of them are simply flat out useless.

Main example being spray weapons which are as inefficient as hell itself. You use up a whole clip to do the same damage high caliber guns and/or shotguns do with a whole clip and your accuracy will be terribad too.

To make things worse, you can only collect 20 bullets for sprays, making it extremely sure that you WILL be running out of bullets quickly.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Copied out of my Moar Dakka! thread out of laziness :P

Laser Carbine – shoots a beam of highly focused photons at a target. No recoil, hitscan and perfect accuracy are balanced against low dps.

Particle Cannon – a sniper counterpart to the Laser carbine, this proton accelerator deals far better damage but eats sniper ammo like candy.

Flak – a very powerful single shot pulse shotgun. Although it has absolutely terrible spread, the Flak has a trick up its proverbial sleeve. When the trigger is held down the powercore is launched out of the barrel, detonating into the usual cone of pulse bolts upon release. The pulse core moves very slowly and touching anything prior to detonation destabilizes the core, wasting the shot.

Torus – this energy shotgun fires a burst of five plasma ring vortexes. These rings expand outward into a narrow cone with a maximum range of a dozen meters. When one of the rings touches anything it pops, dealing moderate damage. 

Drunk – when fired, this five barreled energy weapon spits out drunken energy blobs that careen around unpredictably. Although it can be difficult to use at long ranges, if all five projectiles hit the damage it deals is extreme.

Misc. - Gyrojets, Pew-Pew guns (I know coming in v8), and a Metal Storm HMG.

Edited by ValhaHazred