The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Is This A Thing Anymore? (Random Fps Drops)

artemis9

DISCLAIMER: This is a bit of a complaint thread but I really just want to see if this is happening to other people.

So as of late whenever I play warframe I always get MASSIVE lag drops. Like, my game will just go from my usual 30 fps, all the way down too 0.77 FPS!?!?!?! WTF??? Now granted, I don't have the best computer, in fact its a 2013 Lenovo Thinkbook with Intel integrated graphics, which I realize kinda sucks, but with the settings all turned down to their lowest I used be able to get 20-30 fps, even on giant orokin defense missions where there's lots of stuff for my computer to render. But now, in random intervals, my fps will drop from 30 fps, to below 1 fps. So DE, if this is a thing for other players, and is not just because I have a crappy computer, Pleasssssssssssssssssse fix it, I love this game you made, but its rather hard to play when nothing on your screen moves.

btw just comment if this happens to you or something, I know this used to happen alot but havent seen any threads like these lately. 

Edited by OZONE99

Its hard to balance a games graphical demands while also allowing players the ability to play it without needing a $800 computer by your side. But I agree lag FPS drop has been a issue for some time now....one day it will have to be fixed or the game for everyone will only run at 10 fps a second, a true Nightmare Mode.....

Hi OZONE99,

Can you open a ticket with our Support staff, and attach a log of the game? This will help us take a better look at what exactly is going on on your end.

hate to break it to you,but you might wanna fix that color formatting,your text is invisible in the dark website theme

I had this happen a few times yesterday, where the whole game essentially froze midmission (I was solo at the time and generally only get fps drops when 3 players or more are in squad) and fell to around 0.25fps. Usually fps is around 14-15 after an hours gameplay but its still playable, when I originally start the game, it's 30fps.
My pc is old, but it plays the game for solo missions fine. Even duo, it can handle it. I wasn't doing anything offgame to account for the unexpected fps drop. I will be updating my pc in about 3 weeks so it will be interesting for me to see if it continues to happen.

Also, a few people do post hard to read text colours on the dark theme, if you highlight the text with your mouse, you can see it again.

Even with my system I get the occasional  fps drips, mostly from hosting or void runs (35-40fps). 

Update 5 through to 12 or so gave me better fps with my GTX760 than the more recently ones with my GTX970 (Same CPU, i5-3570K at 4.4GHz). So definitely something is eating up those CPU cycles. Despite the low performance not a lot of my hardware is being utilized past 40-50% (My GTX970 rarely hits 30% utilization with v-sync)

Considering how many people have made mention of these performance issues, surprised DE haven't addressed more of them.

Edited by Snougar

Here is a tip if you have some FPS and performance issues.

Click Verify or Defrag files on the Warframe Launcher (Not the Steam Launcher, you will need to re-install warframe if you do it this way)

You should get a smoother performance after you have done both.

No the real issue here is the fact you're trying to game on a piece of shyte laptop with integrated graphics.

The Dev's need to stop supporting such weak hardware with limited drivers and start UPGRADING the archaic graphics in game.

This is not a 'complaint' thread, this is a crybaby whining thread about your hardware stature in the gaming world. Sure, you can't afford an actual gaming rig... but that's not our problem, nor is it the Dev's responsibility to limit the games potential and growth. Its a problem with your paycheck. Go resolve this issue with said paycheck.

No the real issue here is the fact you're trying to game on a piece of shyte laptop with integrated graphics.

The Dev's need to stop supporting such weak hardware with limited drivers and start UPGRADING the archaic graphics in game.

This is not a 'complaint' thread, this is a crybaby whining thread about your hardware stature in the gaming world. Sure, you can't afford an actual gaming rig... but that's not our problem, nor is it the Dev's responsibility to limit the games potential and growth. Its a problem with your paycheck. Go resolve this issue with said paycheck.

Graphics do not equal nor limit growth and potential. If you think so, you live a sad life. I have been playing since U12, on both my AMD desktop and my Intel HD Graphics laptop. Both of them has suffered frame drops. I used to hit 60~70 on my laptop and at least 100 on my desktop, I'd be lucky to touch 60 on my desktop now, everything is 30~40 now. Look at Skyrim. People modded an already great game, and it's a 2011 game. Look at Minecraft, or Terraria, or any other pixel/ blocky thing that's popular. They don't have ultimate Nvidia FLEX graphics, yet people play it.