Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

Rhino isn't worth discussing as OP.  He's supposed to tank and iron skin does so in a relatively balanced manner.

Trinity's link+energy vampire combo on the other hand is too broken and does need to be addressed.  Trinity needs to be made into an actual support frame, not an infinite tank that occasionally heals team mates.

Edited by Aggh

Calls of OP in a PvE game really make little sense. The only measure of something being OP is if everyone starts using it.

That's kind of a copout man. PvE can be just as broke as PvP

btw whats CC mean?

Crowd Control. Knock downs, stuns, staggers... etc

That's kind of a copout man. PvE can be just as broke as PvP

Crowd Control. Knock downs, stuns, staggers... etc

How so? What measure of OP makes any sense in a class based game with no PvP?

The only rational measure is which items get overused and which get underused.

All frames with upgraded mods can tear through everything solo, all the way to Pluto. Just because Rhino has the ability to remain a weapon platform when surrounded by mobs (rather than blowing them away with some massive AoE thing, or escaping) does not equate into OP. If you truly think Rhino is so OP then just play him and be happy. But if you try to take him into endless waves you will find his abilities are a bit UP compared to Nyx and company as his 15 seconds is nothing in the face of mobs that take 15 minute to die. No warframe can 'tank' a lvl 225 mob.

​How are you defining OP exactly?

I'm soooooooooo tired of new players asking for nerfs.... STAHP! This is not freakin league of legends! It's PVE! So instead of saying "A is better then B so nerf A!", you should say "B is overshadowed by A, so buff B!".

In the end, we'll all be stick figures with wetnoodles.

Everything is overbuffed and people roll through levels like fat kids to the candy store. Now what. There is alo PVP being introduced.

What does that have to do with one of the worst games of the decade?

ABSOLUTE invincibility is boring. Make the rhino able to spawn a frontal shield

A dominant strategy used by the majority of players.

Every Rhino player uses Iron Skin to 90% and no other ability. Dominant strategy on Rhino? Yes!

maybe, but a dominant warframe used by majority of players? no, no its not

How so? What measure of OP makes any sense in a class based game with no PvP?

The only rational measure is which items get overused and which get underused.

All frames with upgraded mods can tear through everything solo, all the way to Pluto. Just because Rhino has the ability to remain a weapon platform when surrounded by mobs (rather than blowing them away with some massive AoE thing, or escaping) does not equate into OP. If you truly think Rhino is so OP then just play him and be happy. But if you try to take him into endless waves you will find his abilities are a bit UP compared to Nyx and company as his 15 seconds is nothing in the face of mobs that take 15 minute to die. No warframe can 'tank' a lvl 225 mob.

​How are you defining OP exactly?

If you look at my posts I've stayed away from the term OP. It's not fair to compare Link to Sound Quake because, well, do I have to explain? Yeah Link wont kill a horde of enemies... So?

What do I define as OP?

Ok... NEVER DIEING is a definition you might find that exists... I dunno

Since you are so adamant about OP only existing in the PvP world... Well, welcome to the dojo son. If things stay they way they are, I'm pretty sure no one will want to face a Trin.

As far as Rhino is concerned, I only mentioned him because he's got a god mode too, but Rhino vs Trin, trin will win because rhino will run out of energy at some point. Let's see what the future holds on this issue.

Edited by finaLfrontier

If you look at my posts I've stayed away from the term OP. It's not fair to compare Link to Sound Quake because, well, do I have to explain? Yeah Link wont kill a horde of enemies... So?

What do I define as OP?

Ok... NEVER DIEING is a definition you might find that exists... I dunno

Since you are so adamant about OP only existing in the PvP world... Well, welcome to the dojo son. If things stay they way they are, I'm pretty sure no one will want to face a Trin.

As far as Rhino is concerned, I only mentioned him because he's got a god mode too, but Rhino vs Trin, trin will win because rhino will run out of energy at some point. Let's see what the future holds on this issue.

somebody call the waaaaaambulance -.-, im sure they'll limit the fights in some way for the dojo. Iron skin doesnt need to be hit, if invincibility woulda been that bad im sure the devs wouldn't have designed off the bat the way it is since its obvious how its going to be used anyways....meaning that is what they intended.

If they do anything to iron skin they should make it cost more energy to use.

Rhino's abilities are good, but they aren't op, ironskin is a panic button, so are most other warframe abilities. Pressing them means everything around you is going to die. 

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

my age has nothing to do with any of this, the incredible amount of complaining over a warframe that does what its supposed to do however has plenty to do with it. Trinity could possibly use a few tweaks, but rhino does what it was designed to do, it doesnt need to be nerfed, i don't see groups of 4 rhino's every time i enter a defense mission or mobile defense mission. if anything rhino needs its other moves buffed so they scale properly.

Did I miss something or is the topic about a single Warframe being op compared to others or about Rhino's Iron Skin being the dominant strategy?

my point is iron skin needs to stay the way it is since it allows him to smack around a mosh pit of toxic and disruptor ancients without giving 2 f*#ks while everyone else is keeping there distance.

Edited by Reaver_X

my point is iron skin needs to stay the way it is since it allows him to smack around a mosh pit of toxic and disruptor ancients without giving 2 f*#ks while everyone else is keeping there distance.

He could still do this if he only takes 20% damage instead of completely being invulnerable.

Iron Skin is the only thing going for Rhino. I mean, what, you want to take away the only ability that lets a tank frame, y'know, TANK? If anything all of the other abilities need to be scaled in usefulness to match Iron Skin. No one uses anything else on Rhino because everything else SUCKS. And no, Iron Skin is not the dominant strategy. Maybe among Rhino players, but Rhino players do not even go close to being the dominant population of the game. And compared to the AoE ults of most of the other Warframes, which are basically insta-kill for everything around the player, Iron Skin actually makes you shoot the enemies yourself if you want to kill them, which doesn't work very well when you're up against a level 200 Ancient that takes 10 minutes to kill. And Iron Skin is actually versatile. You can use it to escape a hail of bullets and get to a better vantage point, you can use it to draw aggro and keep your teammates safe, you can use it to revive a teammate urgently. It's not just some insta-win god mode button. It's actually one of the more interesting skills in the game.

I've never used or played with a Trinity, so no real comments there. If Link is as OP as other people say though, I would propose that the ability only mitigates HALF damage on the Trinity, but deals FULL reflected damage on the linked target. There, she's no longer a tank, and the skill is still useful.

Edited by Madotsuki