Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Persistent Stuttering

MillbrookWest

Just did a run on jupiter with reverb off. Had one of the rooms that typically causes problems, and it seemed fine. It also didn't have any spawns in it, though, so I'm not 100% sure just yet, but that seems to be the culprit atm.

Yep, looks like it may be a reverb issue.

Specifically an issue with reverb on with 'Sound effects' and/or 'transmission volume' on also.

Did a run with all sound on but reverb off, no stutters. 

Also agree with Llyssa, it may be due to the bigger areas, though i can't confirm either. It would make sense since the worst i've seen is in defence missions where it stutters like crazy. I'm surprised my system didn't crash during the defence missions either, it was pretty bad.

EDIT:

I think "Big" might be the wrong term. Perhaps 'complex areas' would be a more apt description?? 

Edited by MillbrookWest

Had one in a room that usually doesn't cause problems on jupiter... did 3 over the course of about 10 seconds, with reverb off. This might be a different issue(since that room is usually *not* problematic).

Has been smooth sailing other than that, though.

So, I just noticed this problem after today while running missions on Earth for Kubrow Eggs. I don't recall having the problem before 16.4 and I also have that god awful static sound that others have complained about on Earth(Only Earth) missions.

Intel Core i5 3470 3.20ghz

ASRock H77 Pro4-M (On-board audio)

DDR3 8GB(x2 4GB) 800MHZ (forget exact brand)

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost (Driver 347.88)

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB

(Nothing is OC'ed)

All my graphic options in-game are always turned on with the exception of PhysX which I keep turned off

After reading through the thread, the only thing I have found that is effecting it (for me) is the actual Sound Effect Volume control, not the reverb setting. I've tested pretty much every other tileset and other then Earth, Night (haven't tested Day yet) I have not encountered it anywhere else.

Some data for audio with Reverb [Orange], and audio without Reverb [blue]

warframereverbbugzau0f.png

(Mistake with the data on my part, polling period was set to 2000ms for both, even so, stutter severity still shows through)

EDIT:

For the lols, i said earth defence was the worst i'd seen with Reverb on. So i logged a game session of that with 100ms polling rate :p

warframeearthreverbs4udk.png

Yeah, it's pretty bad xD

It seems, in my case at least, Reverb is bane of my performance(hitching) woes lol

Edited by MillbrookWest

on amd happens, when dx 10 or 11 on ,but always stutters when u navigate in liset menus and when loading so dx 10,11 unplayable like that, no more crashes but stutters still there 14.4 or latest drivers, so back to dx 9, everything is smooth and faster loading times.

Same problem, started ~5-6 months ago. Mostly happens when someone in squad dies and when some mini-bosses uppear (Zanuka). Even restarting game not fixing it, only computer restart/sleep. Asked in support - no helpful advices (clear cache, update drivers, ets).

To everybody that's come here hoping for help on their problem: I'd like to know if disabling Reverb in Audio settings worked to alleviate your problem for the time being while we keep investigating.

I'd appreciate it you could attach your DXdiag to your support ticket; I'm hoping we'll be able to track down some similar parts and replicate the problem here at the office.

To everybody that's come here hoping for help on their problem: I'd like to know if disabling Reverb in Audio settings worked to alleviate your problem for the time being while we keep investigating.

It seems for me my problem is mostly the Earth (Night) tileset and I believe (I think) I have narrowed it to instances of (at least in my case) the swampy areas that have fog above the water. In the case of Earth (Night) the only thing that alleviated my problem was turning the Sound Effects Volume all the way off, the Reverb setting had little to no effect. In case it is in some way connected this is also the only tileset (Earth Night) I have had that horrible static sound others have complained about in Earth\Orokin Jungle tilesets.

In the case of Earth (Day), which I was able to test just a bit ago and I was only able to get the stuttering to happen in one tileset, again in a swampy area that generated fog above the water but except for that one instance I haven't been able to recreate it in Earth (Day). I have also never had that horrible static sound in Earth (Day).

It seems for me my problem is mostly the Earth (Night) tileset and I believe (I think) I have narrowed it to instances of (at least in my case) the swampy areas that have fog above the water. In the case of Earth (Night) the only thing that alleviated my problem was turning the Sound Effects Volume all the way off, the Reverb setting had little to no effect. In case it is in some way connected this is also the only tileset (Earth Night) I have had that horrible static sound others have complained about in Earth\Orokin Jungle tilesets.

In the case of Earth (Day), which I was able to test just a bit ago and I was only able to get the stuttering to happen in one tileset, again in a swampy area that generated fog above the water but except for that one instance I haven't been able to recreate it in Earth (Day). I have also never had that horrible static sound in Earth (Day).

Hey, can you try 1. Jupiter rooms with lots of clouds outside and 2. the sludge tunnel on ceres(you have to leap-frog across broken tiles down a water-filled corridor with weird smoke in it).

Those are places I've been having issues. I'm curious if you'll have the same.

I'd appreciate it you could attach your DXdiag to your support ticket; I'm hoping we'll be able to track down some similar parts and replicate the problem here at the office.

I've had more instances since disabling reverb. One example is when I was doing juipiter infested missions, in the falling lava tall skinny rooms while running upstairs. I was playing solo but not in solo-mode.

Edited by mrecentric

swampy areas that have fog above the water

Just going off this, it sounds like some sort of ambient sound in the room isn't playing nicely with your machine, especially if it's more common at night. Could you show me a screenshot of the room the next time it occurs for you?

I've had more instances since disabling reverb. One example is when I was doing juipiter infested missions, in the falling lava tall skinny rooms while running upstairs. I was playing solo but not in solo-mode.

Some users have reported greater success from having audio muted entriely. Could you let me know if the stuttering still happens with all audio settings at 0?

Hey, can you try 1. Jupiter rooms with lots of clouds outside and 2. the sludge tunnel on ceres(you have to leap-frog across broken tiles down a water-filled corridor with weird smoke in it).

Those are places I've been having issues. I'm curious if you'll have the same.

I've tried a few Jupiter tilesets and didn't notice anything, I will try more though (I need neural sensors anyway) and I have yet to see that room in Ceres since this has occurred I will hunt for it and post any results.

Just going off this, it sounds like some sort of ambient sound in the room isn't playing nicely with your machine, especially if it's more common at night. Could you show me a screenshot of the room the next time it occurs for you?

I come baring screenshots! First try I got a tileset that had four of my major problem rooms.

Room 1

Two shots right outside spawning position.

KlMphzL.jpg

fPSvbDe.jpg

Room 2

Two shots of a long room with a bend.

0M2QTVU.jpg

nYleMKy.jpg

Room 3

Three shots of a decent sized room with alot of rocks and a platform against the wall.

ifKcfXZ.jpg

2olKvYg.jpg

CUlLWEa.jpg

Room 4

Two shots of a large room with three entrances and two side rooms, one has a broken tank.

UzwWSXf.jpg

6PJS8yN.jpg

DXDiag file added to support ticket

Some users have reported greater success from having audio muted entriely. Could you let me know if the stuttering still happens with all audio settings at 0?

I just tried it and ended up with the same issue when all volume was set to zero in the game. I'm posting a screenshot of where it happened but not at the exact moment. Imagine the same thing, except a lone basic corpus soldier was shooting at me and I was shooting back.

http://brandonmlyon.com/temp/stutter.png

I started logging with windows built in tools but they aren't good enough. One stutter seemed to correlate with a spike in network activity and another seemed to correlate with a spike in disk activity on a disk unrelated to warframe. I'm going to install some other hardware monitoring software and see if I get more relevant results.

I got a decent screencap with some data. It looks like for me the CPU and GPU spiked around the same time. This monitor doesn't show the audio or network hardware though so I'm going to look for another monitor and see if I can get a more complete picture.

http://brandonmlyon.com/temp/stutter4.png

Edited by mrecentric

I have this issue on a lower end system as well. It causes me to get booted from VOID constantly. 

Even with the audio muted, the Banshee intrigues me. Do you see it with other frames?

I see it on Oberon, Trinity, Mag, Excal, Saryn, Rhino among some. Not limited to frame, nor weapon, in the slightest. 
Edited by BirdOfSong

I have this issue on a lower end system as well. It causes me to get booted from VOID constantly. 

I see it on Oberon, Trinity, Mag, Excal, Saryn, Rhino among some. Not limited to frame, nor weapon, in the slightest. 

Based on your reply in another thread, I'm guessing you don't see this on DX9?

For those of you not seeing an improvement by disabling reverb, or only seeing minimal improvement, I'm interested in seeing some data when the stutter appears; this will require you to use a program that's already a part of your Windows installation and isn't dangerous.

• Search for 'resource monitor' in the Start Menu; it should be the only result.

• In the Resource Monitor, click the box next to Warframe.x64.exe to filter results for just Warframe

• Make sure under the 'Disk' category, the results are sorted by Response Time (ms)

Then just play as normal until you experience the stutter. A screenshot of the Resource Monitor would be very helpful when that happens. Of course, this will reveal some personal information in the screenshot (the current user name), so remember to edit this out of the screenshot if you're uncomfortable.

post-70-0-20677800-1430514932_thumb.jpg