Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm Build

Fedaykyn

Question

15 answers to this question

The long spool-up time can make it pretty awkward, a fire rate mod will help a lot. Other than that I run a pretty standard build: damage, multishot, blaze, and elemental mods of whatever types are appropriate to the enemies I'll be fighting; I find it to be extremely effective especially in endless missions where there are often big bunches of enemies close together. Could you be more specific about what problems you are having with it?

I'm running :

Primed Point Blank

Blaze

Hells Chamber

Shotgun Spazz

Shotgun Ammo Mutation

3 x 90% elements vary by faction / void.

The Kohm now suffers from falloff, but it has innate punchthrough.

I stick punchthrough on everything, so effectively this means I have an extra mod slot (so I don't mind the ammo mutation).

Maybe not top tier, but I honestly think it is very good, good enough to stick 5 forma in it.

Use it on mobs, and aim for the head.

It is surprisingly accurate on single shots, on full auto it is a spray weapon.

Edit: Yup, have to agree about the speed, it absolutely needs Shotgun Spazz!

Edited by Egg_Chen

The Kohm is easily my favourite weapon and I basically bring it for everything. 50+ waves of T4 Defense I don't have to much issues with it.

3wSTlAw.png

Here's my build for a general reference you can use.

Just equip the right elemental mods depending on the faction for optimal damage.

Atleast have Blaze, Hells Chamber, Shotgun Spazz, Shotgun Mutation (for the longer missions), and Primed Point Blank to really get your bang-for-your-buck. I also recommend to forma it at least twice.

And don't worry about that falloff. It's really not as bad with my experience; and remember, its a shotgun, its not suppose to use for long distances like some other rifles and snipers. Just keep that in mind and you'll have a nice build for it!

I still need to add a few more forma on it so I can max out the Primed Point Blank. You can definitely get some really nice damage with it especially with alot of endgame content!

I hope this helps! Cheers! (:

I notice you all use Shotgun Spazz and not Frail Momentum and/or Accelerated Blast. I'm trying it with Shotgun Spazz and still It seems too slow for me. Maybe because I saw it shooting ridiculously fast in some random mission...

I was thinking about getting the Kohm, but i don't understand the changes in the U16, I know that: 

it deals 30dmg per pellett, 

it has 3,7 rof

It has a spool-up time and the pallet count and ammo consumption changes during the spool-up

So i want to know:

How many shots does it take to get the Kohm to full spool-up?

How many pallets does the Kohm shoot at full spool-up?

How much ammo does the Kohm consume for each shot at full spool-up?

The wiki is not updated, i already check it and the information was outdated and incomplete.

How many shots does it take to get the Kohm to full spool-up?

How many pallets does the Kohm shoot at full spool-up?

How much ammo does the Kohm consume for each shot at full spool-up?

It shoots 1, 2, 4, 8, 10 pellets when spooling up if I'm not mistaken and at full spool it uses 4 ammo per shot.

Note: At full spool, the spread is dramatically higher, so you can shoot a bit more accurately by pausing a little moment between shots.

It shoots 1, 2, 4, 8, 10 pellets when spooling up if I'm not mistaken and at full spool it uses 4 ammo per shot.

Note: At full spool, the spread is dramatically higher, so you can shoot a bit more accurately by pausing a little moment between shots.

Thank you, just to be precise does the 4 ammo consumption start on the first 10 pellet bullet or the next one? Do you recommend the weapon? It seams like a real ammo hog but it does a ton of dps, what do you think?

Thank you, just to be precise does the 4 ammo consumption start on the first 10 pellet bullet or the next one? Do you recommend the weapon? It seams like a real ammo hog but it does a ton of dps, what do you think?

1 pellet = 1 ammo

EDIT: above doesn't apply to multishot.

Edited by Kasarian

Maybe when the Kohm was introduced the first time, i think that this is the case anymore

Strange, for me whenever I look at ammo as I shower rooms with pellets seems like it works exactly like that. Then again I'm using Shotgun Spaz and Accelerated blast...

As soon as you fire 10 pellets, you start using 4 ammo per shot.

I've seen a lot of posts about how bad the Kohm is post-nerf. I quit for awhile during the time when it was stronger, so is it really that bad now? 

I'm looking for something to replace the soma p./boltor p. since they got boring for me (why I quit before) and I was wondering if the Kohm would be a strong substitute.

I've seen a lot of posts about how bad the Kohm is post-nerf. I quit for awhile during the time when it was stronger, so is it really that bad now? 

I'm looking for something to replace the soma p./boltor p. since they got boring for me (why I quit before) and I was wondering if the Kohm would be a strong substitute.

I'll try to explain:

The Kohm isn't really a bad weapon now in terms of its damage output. You'll still be able to effectively destroy a lot of enemies effortlessly with it, maybe even better than with the Soma or Boltor Prime.

The problem that many have is that it lost a significant part of its uniqueness with the change to being a hitscan weapon and many players who like shotguns hate the damage falloff mechanic that was also applied to the Kohm with the change, which means that it loses ~75% of its damage output past 15 or 20 m (don't know where the falloff starts on the Kohm.) over the next 10 m of distance.

If you don't care about the mechanics it got added to it, you'll still receive a powerful primary that you should try if you even consider it, especially if you have primed point blank.