Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defensive And Offensive Radial Javelin

Doom_Bunny

So with radial javelin becoming a third ability and a stance becoming Excal's fourth ability. I got to thinking, how can radial javelin become more like a third ability? without dropping it's usefulness.

Most third abilities are relatively defensive which would help as Excal is rather average in the stat department. However depending on how big the waves from his new stance are going to be, he might still need some cc. So what if we went with a sort of orbiting sword technique.

Like this:

screen01.jpg

Except smaller and more of them, like this:

ibnMAt8x1dSx8G.gif

The swords would orbit Excal deflecting incoming projectiles. This would eventualy wear off due to duration. Though I expect the new stance will be affected by duration, and radial blind is already affected by duration. So maybe having something like Rhino's armour except scalable might work better for variety in modding.

Before the orbit wears off you would be able to hit the ability key again to trigger the regular cc ability. I would like to see the cc part happen as the old version mainly so I can rain skanas on people arfter jumping off something. However seeing the swords orbiting you then appear to teleport to an enemy (as they do now) would also look great.

The amount of swords that orbit you would probably vary between the amount of swords in the cc animation. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a cc ability with so few swords, or the orbit would look more like a bubble becase of too many swords.

Edited by Postal_pat

I think your suggestion is overkill, and that until consensus on his ability changes come in, the only reasonable buff I can suggest is pushing up his stamina to enable blocking, parkour, and dodging to give him options befitting a swordsman.

The 4th was described to work with your melee, causing energy waves with every swing or hit of your melee weapon. I don't recall them discussing a stance for excalibur, so as to avoid another Valkyr.

was mentioned in the devstream with the ranged attacks and lack of invincibility making it play differently.

The 4th was described to work with your melee, causing energy waves with every swing or hit of your melee weapon. I don't recall them discussing a stance for excalibur, so as to avoid another Valkyr.

No the 4th was described as Excal going melee only with his new unique energy sword, with energy waves coming out at every slash of your melee. They didn't say whether or not you'll be able to use your equipped melee, but I sincerely hope you can.

They also said it was coming with his own new stance. 

Wow, the idea is nice. Maybe adding an old type Radial javelin (with LoS) when the shield made out of blades wears off ? ^^

It would be nice however not  exploding at the end of the ability encourages the player to press the button. See if it did explode at the end of the ability then players could just run around until the ability ends. Giving them a longer time with that ability. However if nothing happens when the ability ends they are encouraged to press the button which lowers this defence but hurts the enemy. If they don't press it they missed the opputunity to damage more enemies.

Scott: "you'll draw your energy sword and all of your slashes will create a wave of enrgy." Although they said they didn't want to make another Valkyr, they also said this is the direction the ability is headed at the moment.

Geoff: "We'll treat it as a stance the same as we did, arrr you know."

Go from 1:00:00

I think your suggestion is overkill, and that until consensus on his ability changes come in, the only reasonable buff I can suggest is pushing up his stamina to enable blocking, parkour, and dodging to give him options befitting a swordsman.

It'll depend on how his fourth turns out as I've mentioned. If the waves from his fourth are large enough to take down many enemies the cc from radial javelin wouldn't be needed. However if they are more directional, only hitting a few targets, something like this idea would be nice to have.

Edited by Postal_pat

That's what I've been saying!

"How about he summons a bunch of javelins that encircle him in a sphere like manner and slash anyone that comes close as well as having a certain chance to deflect projectiles for the duration it takes the javelins to lock onto the nearest enemies. After the targets are acquired, they shoot out and pin the enemies to surfaces immobilizing them as they struggle to get free!"

Edited by SicSlaver

This general idea has been brought up a lot in a few different ways.

3: Defiance: Excalibur summons multiple energy swords that orbit around his body in a vertical position. They intercept all incoming projectiles reducing the damage he takes by X percent and lasts for Y seconds. Upon pressing the button again the swords fly outward in all directions skewering all enemies nearby potentially impaling them to walls. This attack does puncture damage with a guaranteed puncture proc. Any enemies currently under a slash proc will take additional damage from it. making it wise to combo into after Severance.
The initial cast of Defiance will be a one handed action. However the act of sending the swords outward in all directions will come with an animation where Excalibur sticks an energy sword into the ground.

I really like your visual aids.

Like this:

screen01.jpg

Except smaller and more of them, like this:

ibnMAt8x1dSx8G.gif

But they already have Radial Blind for CC. Whatever radial javelin becomes should probably be more about damage than CC to avoid being redundant.