Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Erebus Anything!

TheErebus.

I run breloom on every team I make...

Breloom is a meh check.

You can't switch it into Az, and I'm pretty sure a +6 aqua jet kills it anyway.

Think of a resisted +6 aqua jet as a 120 base power move.

With Stab, and coming off an attack stat higher than Groudons.

Breloom has like 75/80 defenses, unless it's fully invested, it dies.

Breloom is a meh check.

You can't switch it into Az, and I'm pretty sure a +6 aqua jet kills it anyway.

Think of a resisted +6 aqua jet as a 120 base power move.

With Stab, and coming off an attack stat higher than Groudons.

Breloom has like 75/80 defenses, unless it's fully invested, it dies.

It can't switch in, but it can still revenge kill.

Aqua Jet is a 2HKO 100% of the time.

Meanwhile a bullet seed is a guaranteed OHKO.

I'm well aware Breloom doesn't really serve much of a purpose in this regard. He was mainly an example based on my personal preference. Venusaur though...

It can't switch in, but it can still revenge kill.

Aqua Jet is a 2HKO 100% of the time.

Meanwhile a bullet seed is a guaranteed OHKO.

I'm well aware Breloom doesn't really serve much of a purpose in this regard. He was mainly an example based on my personal preference. Venusaur though...

I grant you Mega Venusaur is a good counter, but you don't send Az in until Venusaur is dead.

If your opponent is any good they will play it around your team, making it easier to get ko's that they could have avoided.

It's the same with MoxieMence, They have to keep their counter alive and healthy otherwise you win.

I grant you Mega Venusaur is a good counter, but you don't send Az in until Venusaur is dead.

If your opponent is any good they will play it around your team, making it easier to get ko's that they could have avoided.

It's the same with MoxieMence, They have to keep their counter alive and healthy otherwise you win.

It's like that for most battles.

It can become a pain to gain initiative, and more often than not, the one who can get it and keep it will win, simply by removing things early.

It's like that for most battles.

It can become a pain to gain initiative, and more often than not, the one who can get it and keep it will win, simply by removing things early.

Volt turn is your friend.

Mega Scizor and Rotom W like a good OU pleb.

I think I'm done with the Pokemon debate for now.

At least in my experience, the person with the better predictions almost always wins, assuming their teams are meeting the same standards.

I'm not that great at competitive battling, so you probably know better than I do, but no matter how much people plan out moves and counters and such, it all comes down to what the opponent does, and more often than not the unexpected is bound to happen.

I think I'm done with the Pokemon debate for now.

At least in my experience, the person with the better predictions almost always wins, assuming their teams are meeting the same standards.

I'm not that great at competitive battling, so you probably know better than I do, but no matter how much people plan out moves and counters and such, it all comes down to what the opponent does, and more often than not the unexpected is bound to happen.

I was really good competitively end of gen 4, to the middle of gen 5.

The meta just got way to powercrepe'd up with OP stuff.

Gen 6 just made it worse, proper teambuilding just gets broken apart by luck + hyper offense.

There is just no way to build a team that will deal with everything (and by everything I mean 95% of all common threats). Plus there are way to many high level stall teams at the top of the ladder and even though I can beat them, I don't want to spend half an hour per game doing so.